Officiating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Officiating

One of the worst of the season last night.

Just thought I'd share that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: Officiating

Its been extra horrible ever since the Montreal incident. I 'd hate to think the two were related.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It seems like the last 2 games have been "PUNISHMENT" for the B's........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I actually was flipping back and forth between different games and was watching the Caps game.  The goal that was called off and the obvious plays(penalties)that PK got against Ovie that werent called.

I mean that goal by Henricks was a goal.  Common sense rule needs to come into play soon.  Officiating is brutal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

last nights officiating was terrible, and it does seem the b's are getting the shaft right now because of the chara incident. not including the montreal game- the past 3 games the bruins have been called for 17 penalties(not including matching fighting), and their opponent's for 9. at first sight it seems to back this idea... but... last night alone was 6-1(-5 diff). making the previous two games 11 against and 8 for- not that much difference. it was last nights game alone that scewed the stats. maybe its the homer in me but it seems when its a borderline situation the other team is getting the benefit of the doubt. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As a fan I have the tendancy to criticize the officiating often during the course of a game.  Yet, the officiating overall is not that good. One, the rules now are murky at best when trying to fathom a official's judgement.  Two, the two officialls on the ice makes the calls even more odd.  Nonetheless the 6 penalties to 1 ratio is a bit out of whack, even though the Bs play was poor.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]last nights officiating was terrible, and it does seem the b's are getting the shaft right now because of the chara incident. not including the montreal game- the past 3 games the bruins have been called for 17 penalties(not including matching fighting), and their opponent's for 9. at first sight it seems to back this idea... but... last night alone was 6-1(-5 diff). making the previous two games 11 against and 8 for- not that much difference. it was last nights game alone that scewed the stats. maybe its the homer in me but it seems when its a borderline situation the other team is getting the benefit of the doubt. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,I hope this isn't something Boston will have to deal with for the rest of the year.Before the Chara/Pac incident Boston was one of the least penalized teams in the league.Since then........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Here's my take and not 1 single referee in the world will like it.

From organized youth hockey, to rec hockey, to the pros.  The people that ref these hockey games are all different degrees of brutal.

The "best refs in the world" are frustrating to watch on most nights.  Chumps like Kerry Fraser and Bruce Hood who come on different talk shows to talk about their role in the game just makes me sick.  They're selling a book, plain and simple and giving these clowns a forum to remind us of how brutal they were in their profession is just wrong.  These two specifically are classic examples of two guys forgetting why hockey fans buy tickets to games.  When you listen to these two, you realize that they do think their role in the game is way more than what it is.

Game after game NHL refs alter they outcome of games with inconsistent, subjective calls (see the Buffalo game for the most recent display of brutal).  They manage games instead of officiate them.  Instead of using the written rules, they imbed their own value system and their distorted sense of fairness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

Got to agree with the posts here.  What I'd like to know is what happened to the diving penalty.  Players are flopping all over the ice against the B's lately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

blame the refs for encouraging flopping.  jack had a great line last night.  b's don't get as many calls and that's the price for integrity.  i really don't want the habs in the first round.  i see wave after wave of 5-3s like the sabres game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Mostly agree. I'd love to have Paul Stewart back on the ice or make him the ref in chief. Last night Kreji was called; he had both hands on his stick; the opponent took a dive and lay there holding his ear area. What a joke. how about the game before where Chara was called for boarding and the guy never hit the boards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

A big problem I think we now have as a counter to head shots is guys that are the floppers.  They will use this rule to the max.  Where is the justice

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

2 Sabre games this season the officials were atrocious .
    Look at Philly game 2weeks ago on NBC and Tortarella had a point on the big Philly team. "They fall everytime you touch them " . 
    Team do take advantage of this. Just too bad ! 
    Good point Karl-Hungus but so do teams like Tampa or Sabres flipflop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

5 seconds with the man advantage last night is ridiculous - especially considering Columbus had 10 minutes.  Coupled with some blatant non-calls in the Buffalo game, it is clear that the refs have an agenda when calling Bruins games.  Lets hope they work it out of their systems before too long

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I've noticed a shift in calls going back to the Dallas & Montreal fight filled games.

Its like the officials were briefed about what happened in those games and the spotlight was on!

Add the turnbuckle hit and you have yourselves a bias in calls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Here's my take and not 1 single referee in the world will like it. From organized youth hockey, to rec hockey, to the pros.  The people that ref these hockey games are all different degrees of brutal. Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

They won't like it because you are wrong and clueless.

At every level of the game I played, it always struck me that hockey fans and players alike know the rule book as poorly as they do.  I understand the Hockey Moms screaming about a call on Little Johnny, but I've sat on benches in places where people should know what they are talking about and listened to players and coaches scream bloody murder over things they are just plain wrong about.

Some refs are terrible, in every sport.

However, outside of soccer, no sport has more nonstop crybabies over officials more than hockey, and that's the one thing about the game I love most that bothers me.

The LEAGUE is the most responsible for calls being made or emphasized at a certain time frame.  These guys do not have personal agendas.  Most of them do not like calling phantom hooks and holds any more than you like seeing them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Diving needs to be called before hockey turns into soccer. Period.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

b's might be okay now that max is done pretending to be concussed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]b's might be okay now that max is done pretending to be concussed. 
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

But Max likes to be discussed when his "smart?" phone is on twitter.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Good practice for the post season. There was a time this season where this team had one of the best PK's in the league. They have to stop trying to analyze why the refs suk. Good teams find a way to win against all the odds. If teams are scoring at will -- watch tapes and fix it before the playoffs.