Officiating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Officiating

Horrible. Cost the Bs the Stanley Cup. Period. Dot. 99 percent of you won't agree, well because you put blind faith in the officials of any sport. And when I say cost, I point to game 1.  Triple overtime. Unnecessary had it been called fairly in regular time.  Caught up to them as the series ground on. Game 2, horrible. Do you think that tonight the Blackhawks started playing dirty and grabbing penalties? Heck no, they've been that way all series.  Yes, the Bruins didn't capitalize and that's their own fault. But had it been called fairly, series over in 5. Flame away please, and that will only further my point. 

PS. Yes I know they won game 2. Irrelevant to the discussion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgpffl. Show dgpffl's posts

Re: Officiating

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Horrible. Cost the Bs the Stanley Cup. Period. Dot. 99 percent of you won't agree, well because you put blind faith in the officials of any sport. And when I say cost, I point to game 1.  Triple overtime. Unnecessary had it been called fairly in regular time.  Caught up to them as the series ground on. Game 2, horrible. Do you think that tonight the Blackhawks started playing dirty and grabbing penalties? Heck no, they've been that way all series.  Yes, the Bruins didn't capitalize and that's their own fault. But had it been called fairly, series over in 5. Flame away please, and that will only further my point. 

I think back on game 1 and can understand your angst.  If you think back for the complete game, you will remember the multiple opportunites that the Bruins had to win it.  Do you remember Daugavins wide open net he had in OT to win it?  I know I do as I got 3 hours of sleep that night before going to work the next morning going over in my head how he did not score a goal.

I dont want to "Flame away" on you, I just want you to know I empathize with you and am just as heartbroken as you are that the Bruins lost.  I could blame numerous people for the loss - including my wonderful wife who made me watch the game in a dirty Bruins jersey because she forgot the wash but I wont.  The Bruins had a great year, and I am proud of them for how well they played and I empahtize with you on the loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to dgpffl's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think back on game 1 and can understand your angst.  If you think back for the complete game, you will remember the multiple opportunites that the Bruins had to win it.  Do you remember Daugavins wide open net he had in OT to win it?  I know I do as I got 3 hours of sleep that night before going to work the next morning going over in my head how he did not score a goal.

I dont want to "Flame away" on you, I just want you to know I empathize with you and am just as heartbroken as you are that the Bruins lost.  I could blame numerous people for the loss - including my wonderful wife who made me watch the game in a dirty Bruins jersey because she forgot the wash but I wont.  The Bruins had a great year, and I am proud of them for how well they played and I empahtize with you on the loss.

[/QUOTE]

Don't disagree. And yes, they had chances. But what of the chances they didn't get? To me it invalidates a series.  I call them acts of god, whether someone scores or not.  Doesn't mean that they weren't screwed out of calls. The misses, such as Daugavins, or Kelly with the wide open net, are just part of the natural course of the game.  The bogus high stick in game one to Chara. The BS call on Horton to give the Blackhawks a 5-3 when they desperately needed something, anything.  It was hosed from the get go and I give the Bs a huge amount of credit for fighting against that the best they could. In the end, it hurt them. The Blackhawks are not the champions. I don't care what the trophy says. They were handed it. Or at least had a ton of help along the way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

If you were watching the game through the eyes of a Blackhawks fan, I'm sure you would have seen a lot of bad and blown calls in the other direction.  The Blackhawks earned the Cup. 

Don't be that fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Sad thing is that people are excepting it and not asking questions.  Same with Game 6 of the NBA series which eventually decided the finals and if you saw Italy vs Brazil it was the same.  Refs are becoming more key than the star players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:

[QUOTE]

If you were watching the game through the eyes of a Blackhawks fan, I'm sure you would have seen a lot of bad and blown calls in the other direction.  The Blackhawks earned the Cup. 

Don't be that fan.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I watch as passively as possible. Especially this series.  I felt something was up. The Bruins bagged penalties that were legit penalties. They deserved them. That's the argument people make. Don't be that fan. I'm not that fan. I see things for what they are. I'm not complaining about the Bs losing. They had chances and missed them. Does not take away what I saw happening.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Unfortunately I watch as passively as possible. Especially this series.  I felt something was up. The Bruins bagged penalties that were legit penalties. They deserved them. That's the argument people make. Don't be that fan. I'm not that fan. I see things for what they are. I'm not complaining about the Bs losing. They had chances and missed them. Does not take away what I saw happening.  

I'm pretty sure the refs were under direct orders from Bettman to call the games that way.  I think the best thing for you would be to leave this site and join a Blackhawks site.  You could create a screen name like "Tainted Cup" or maybe even "Bettman's Blackhawks" and spew your drivel there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

And people wonder why I see similarities between the Bruins and Canadiens fan bases.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

And people wonder why I see similarities between the Bruins and Canadiens fan bases.....

You're hovering here to find this stuff.  One difference is that only about 1% of Bruins fans buy into this dramatic nonense.  Most are less reactionary, like you.  You should probably just switch over Kennedy.  You don't belong in the Call 911 crowd anyhow...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Stop the nonsense AFN -- you're embarassing the rest of us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I will not use the refereeing as an excuse.

Next conspiracy theory, please!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't think the officiating was very good and I agree there were missed calls and poorly made calls at multiple points of the series. With that being said, the Bruins still had chances to win and couldn't get it done. Period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

For the most part the reffing was very good in the Stanley Cup Finals.  If the Bruins were luckier, healthier and perhaps just a touch hungrier they would have won this series.  The refs did not have anything to do with the outcome.  My biggest complaint was the no call when Krug was tripped by Frolik near the end of game 5.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

AFNAV, Mattbs, Rusty.  Do you really think they're a good sample of typical Bruins fans?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Is that how you perceive the average Bruins fan Kennedy? It sure seems as if they are in the minority on this topic. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Is that how you perceive the average Bruins fan Kennedy? It sure seems as if they are in the minority on this topic. 

[/QUOTE]

Kennedy ignores 90% of the current threads on the board which have been very gracious and respectful in defeat, to try to seek out the one where he can put us down.  I like Kennedy, but don't ever think that he doesn't come here to turn our screws most of the time.

There's no hysteria in Boston today.  The Bruins went out with class.  Unlike...ahem...cough...who am I thinking of?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

All fan bases have those who complain about refereeing. Some just go a bit more overboard then others on why they think their team got screwed by the refs. 

P.S. 911 is to be used for emergencies only.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Chowda, that incident was clearly an emergency, il est mort! Dans le matche d'hockey! Il est mort!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

All fan bases have those who complain about refereeing. Some just go a bit more overboard then others on why they think their team got screwed by the refs. 

P.S. 911 is to be used for emergencies only.

[/QUOTE]

Some on this site have the delusion that it's a commisioner's objective (for all four major sports) that Boston teams are to be screwed in any way possible and that they purposely instruct referees/umpires, etc to make sure the other team gets the advantage. Thankfully it's not too many but their conspiracy theories are pathetic