OHL Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: OHL Update

In Response to[QUOTE] He played a good game means jack if it doesn't ultimately help his team win.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Bang on.  Results get you into the NHL, not opinions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bang on.  Results get you into the NHL, not opinions.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    I'm at a point where I've realised that if yaz and I are in agreement,I'm probably wrong.For a player that's Knight's  age to forego personal stats(points)in order to become a more complete player speaks volumes for his willingness to be a team player.Throw all these  other guys OHL numbers at me that you want but they have no bearing on whether or not Knight becomes a Bruin.Believe me,if Knight was leading the OHL in scoring but still had defensive deficiencies,he would have a lesser chance to stick with the big club.Right now he's doing exactly what is being asked of him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sarnia Sting @ London Knights ( rematch from yesterday ) 1st period Brett Ritchies 12th goal of the year gives the Sting a 1-0 lead. He is having a strong first five minutes with multiple scoring chances. His game is a lot better now then when the season started. Knight blocks a shot from the point. London ties it at 1-1. Namestnikov flying today creating chances with his stickhandling and speed . Knight draws a penalty from a defenceman who gets his stick up on him after delivering a hit. london scores on the PP. 2-1 London. Knight with a diving block off a slapshot from the point sending the puck out of play. Ritchie ties it up with his 2nd of the game 2-2. 2nd period The second period sees a flurry of goals in rapid succession. Namestnikov assists on a London goal. 3-2. London PP goal makes it 4-2 London. Sarnia's Nail Yakupov cuts the lead to 4-3. Knight gets an assist with a drop pass for a teammate who one times it. 5-3 London. Teams trade goals to make it 6-4. Knight takes a penalty as he's driving to the net taking out the goalie and.....yep , the net. He is fearless going to the net. Ritchie evens things up as he gives a Knight's defenceman a shave with his stick. 3rd period Knight sets up two teammates on the PP . They don't score but on the same PP he drifts into the slot and sends a one timer( his 16th ) past the goalie. 7-4. Scott Harrington closes it out with an EN goal for a 8-4 win. Harrington 1+0=1 Namestnikov 0+1=1 Ritchie 2+0=2 Jared Knight had a really good weekend . Blocking shots , killing penalties, taking faceoffs weren't so good , hard on the backcheck and forecheck. They give the puck to  Knight in the corner to start their rotation down low on the PP. Hunter has a different type of setup for his PP.  4 scoring chances and 2 for 5 on faceoffs.  He was 1+1=2 today and 2+4=6 for two games this weekend. Terrible !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I love hearing he's a shot-blocker to go along with a scoring touch.From what I saw of Knight in rookie camp I was pleasantly surprised.He was much better than I had expected.Thanks for the updates.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : dez , you would have loved the way he played this weekend . He battled hard the whole 200' of the ice.
    That's exactly the sort of player I want to see in a Bruins jersey.No fear in blocking shots and doesn't have to be asked to play in the dirty areas.I never expected him to be a 1st line scorer so i think his numbers seem fine.Finding out he's a gamer means more to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : They interviewed him during the intermission and he is looking thicker in the head and neck area . You probably already know this but his workouts were impressive going into the draft. He looks and plays stronger this year.
    No doubt the diabetes made it harder to work out before they got it taken care of.I'd like to think Boston got a kid that slipped down in the rankings mainly due to a now under control illness.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Nice to hear that Knight had a good weekend and has intangibles that don't show up in the stats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks for the updates Chowda!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Chowda how are you getting these games ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

[QUOTE]Good article written yesterday on Knight . http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=547992

This is the other articled on Hutchinson that was paired with the Knight one.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=547989

Over my rare 4 day weekend I missed the release of the Prospect Report, but these were the highlighted players in the report.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Should be an interesting weekend Chowdahkid- with the trade deadline on Monday.
    Many teams in the West that are tight when the last place team is only 6 pts out. Only 5 pts separate the 8th place team and the 4th so I guess teams have to decide buy or sell.

The Spits made a couple trades yesterday to obtain a couple experience defensemen along with a back up goalie for Campbell.  The strange part of the trade was that Windsor traded overage goalie Troy Passingham to the Sarnia Sting who the Spits would face last night.

Passingham rode with the Spits on the team bus to Sarnia then ends up starting for Sarnia against the Spits and wins 9-4.  Right now lots of tension in the Spits locker room as GM Rychel has not decided what do buy or sell?

Windsor sits in 4th spot in the West and has a couple top players in Ryan Ellis and Zack Kassian that could have huge impacts on any of the top teams in they were to obtain them.  Rychel has mentioned that he is trying to obtain a top forward from the East and that can have a  bearing on what the team does, if the trade happens.

The thinking going on right now is do they go for a chance to be in the Memorial Cup for a 3rd straight year or trade valuable assets for picks and prospects.  They believe that the team winning the West title has a chance to go on to the Memorial Cup, as Mississauga is the so called team to beat from the East and picked by many to win that side.

Should be interesting to see how it all works out not just for the Spits but the other contenders as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Chowdah and Win, who is the better prospect in your individual opinions, Spooner or Knight? Throw in Sauve to the mix. Assume I've read all the updates on here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Chowdah, you gave me a politician's answer, but I really can't blame you. Spooner and Knight seem identical, but in very different ways -- yes, I realize that almost makes no sense (unless you watch/follow these two).

Sauve seems like he's the same quality of prospect, though, which is what I was getting at by throwing him in. Again, as much as I love tracking prospects and the development side of the game, I don't see these guys that much and so maybe I am full of cra*.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

My opinion: I genuinely believe adversity either builds character or destroys the weak. Knight has overcome serious adversity and has a terrific work ethic. This makes me think the kid could be special.

No, I am not being a homer here. I genuinely have admiration for what this kid has done, has gone through, and how he goes about his business.

As a human being, I hope and believe this kid will be successful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]btw vote for me .

Pretty sure you've got the Pearson locked up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don't forget for all of you that want to watch some of the junior prospects they've started broadcasting these games.
    Hope for our U.S. neighbors you'll be able to get some streams to these games as they're being shown on major sport channels here in Canada.

www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/chl-announces-2010-11-broadcast-schedule-on-rogers-sportsnet-and-rds/86861">http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/chl-announces-2010-11-broadcast-schedule-on-rogers-sportsnet-and-rds/86861

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Here's an update on the Bruin's Prospect Report. The highlights this time are on fan favorite Zach Hamill, and defenseman David Warsofsky who they acquired from St. Louis last year for Vladimir Sobotka.

http://bruins.nhl.com/v2/ext/media/2011/prospect_report/0115_ProspectReport.pdf

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.oregonlive.com/hawks/index.ssf/2011/01/portland_5_seattle_2.html

Well this isn't about the OHL but Bruins prospect Craig Cunningham is heating up as of late. "Cunningham has seven goals in four games against Seattle since coming over in a trade from Vancouver It was his 18th goal of the season."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Chowdah...are you still with us??  Chowdah?  Seems like posts are missing and no OHL updates in a while...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

"Ryan Spooner of the Kingston Frontenacs headlines the latest edition of the MAZDA OHL Plays of the Week with a lovely goal against the Barrie Colts last Saturday.  Watch the highlights here:"

Click on number 2 video for the "highlights of the week" then you can see a nifty move by Ryan Spooner...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

That was amazing.  Kids got talent.

I noticed the point leader too..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]                  http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/ " Ryan Spooner of the Kingston Frontenacs headlines the latest edition of the MAZDA OHL Plays of the Week with a lovely goal against the Barrie Colts last Saturday.  Watch the highlights here: " Click on number 2 video for the "highlights of the week" then you can see a nifty move by Ryan Spooner...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Nice goal and nice hands.  I don't think those moves will get him very far in the NHL.  Still good skills.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : Nice goal and nice hands.  I don't think those moves will get him very far in the NHL.  Still good skills.Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Yah Scooter he wouldv'e gotten pummeled by a 6'3" defenseman on the way during an NHL game but what great instincts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/

Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner in the top five OHL plays of the week...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]                   http://ontariohockeyleague.com/ Jared Knight and Ryan Spooner in the top five OHL plays of the week...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] Thanks for the link dog, both those guys look like they can fly.