OK just work with me please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: OK just work with me please

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im going for 2 players on one team to solve our problems.

morrow/robidas

or

iggy/sarich

or 

smyth/smid

or 

neil/subban 

Hi Shupe, you have some interesting combos here. I personally think that when thinking of upgrades certain things will likely be considered (and Nite has done a decent job here):

1. PC believes the roster is solid for the most part. This means that he will probably not trade an existing core member to upgrade

2. Since the cap is going to be reduced to $64 million next season he is not looking to add salary. This means he will likely only add impending UFA's

3. Recognizing last season as a template in the uslessness of adding insiginficant parts and addressing the reality of the loss of Kelly, PC will obtain a major addition if possible

4. For this season only, PC does have the cap space for a major addition if possible

Most of your suggestions here are probably not going to happen.

For example; Sarich, Smyth, and Robidas are all signed for next season. Plus, the Neil/Subban thing seems rather odd considering your premise of "2 players, one team."

Not trying to be argumentative, just my opinion.

Neil/Subban was for my good buddy dez.

im not so sure i agree with not taking money back.  My argument is it gives us leverage.  If we added sarich we basically can tell ference to sign for our money or see ya.  If they can sign AF to a team friendly deal you have an asset to trade.  

robidas is very underated and would likely bump AF to cheer leading duty with ST.  Morrow would be fantastic on any team.  

Sarich is on a very good 2 million contract for next year.  Iggy likely would resign if dealt here.  

I dont think you limit yourself when going for a cup.  You can always trade an asset in the offseason. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

How about Hecht from Buffy? Can probably be had for a pick. Would probably do well with Caron and Peverley. He's old but useful and has an expiring contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

How about Hecht from Buffy? Can probably be had for a pick. Would probably do well with Caron and Peverley. He's old but useful and has an expiring contract.

I actually did give him a look when I did my list, but then I saw some far better names out there & went "meh". 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I like Hechts game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Neil/Subban was for my good buddy dez.

im not so sure i agree with not taking money back.  My argument is it gives us leverage.  If we added sarich we basically can tell ference to sign for our money or see ya.  If they can sign AF to a team friendly deal you have an asset to trade.  

robidas is very underated and would likely bump AF to cheer leading duty with ST.  Morrow would be fantastic on any team.  

Sarich is on a very good 2 million contract for next year.  Iggy likely would resign if dealt here.  

I dont think you limit yourself when going for a cup.  You can always trade an asset in the offseason. 

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! There you are. See how nice of guy I am? I was going to put put Neil/Subban as well, but I figured...NAaaa I leave that for the shift disturber Shupe to do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hecht is okay, but with so few teams out of it, and so many thinking they still have a chance to get in, the price for players like him might be too high. I don't think there will be too many deals, teams are going to try to get into the postseason and make up for some lost revenue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I actually did give him a look when I did my list, but then I saw some far better names out there & went "meh". 

That was what I kind of thought the basis of the thread was? Not necessarily "m'eh" players, but lower tiered guys who can fill the bottom 6 void that needs to be filled. I know he's 35 but he seems like the type of guy (cagy vet, CJ would trust him, no contractual obligations) that can fill the role.

Along those same lines, maybe a low pick would land someone like Prospal? Old as the hills but can still play a bit. Was never a huge fan of his but he may have decent playoff run in the tank? if CBJ can get something for him, they may move him. Not sure he's a Bruins type of guy though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How about Robyn Regehr? Solid veteran rental to give some depth to the bottom pair.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

You have to look at the Standings more closely.  There is no way the Isles move their best D man in Streit while they are only 2 points out of the playoffs. 

The teams the B's should be looking to trade with seriously are TB, Wash, Buff, Fla, Calg, Colorado---all team virtually out of it at this point by my estimation.   

Teams on the radar should be Philly, SJ(because their "core" is largely older and they have been fading), and Dallas. 

You are wasting your time talking about players from other teams unless a team slumps badly in the next two weeks.