Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Olympic roster projected lineups

Zach Parise - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane
    Max Pacioretty - Joe Pavelski - Phil Kessel
    Dustin Brown - David Backes - Ryan Callahan
    James van Riemsdyk- Derek Stepan- Bobby Ryan

T.J. Oshie   

Ryan Suter -- John Carlson
    Ryan McDonagh -- Kevin Shattenkirk
    Paul Martin -- Erik Johnson
    Keith Yandle -- Justin Faulk

Cam Fowler

Jonathan Quick

Ryan Miller
    Ben Bishop

JVR and MaxPac might switch. Tough to leave Fowler out of the starting lineup, he's been playing great. I like the US shutdown line. I want Carlson with Suter but that might change as well. Sorry Buff and No Tubby!

Who do you have for the Silver Shupa ? Leaky Lou (just injured) or Price ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Zach Parise - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane
    Max Pacioretty - Joe Pavelski - Phil Kessel
    Dustin Brown - David Backes - Ryan Callahan
    James van Riemsdyk- Derek Stepan- Bobby Ryan

T.J. Oshie   

Ryan Suter -- John Carlson
    Ryan McDonagh -- Kevin Shattenkirk
    Paul Martin -- Erik Johnson
    Keith Yandle -- Justin Faulk

Cam Fowler

Jonathan Quick

Ryan Miller
    Ben Bishop

JVR and MaxPac might switch. Tough to leave Fowler out of the starting lineup, he's been playing great. I like the US shutdown line. I want Carlson with Suter but that might change as well. Sorry Buff and No Tubby!

Who do you have for the Silver Shupa ? Leaky Lou (just injured) or Price ?

[/QUOTE]

I'd say neither, with both starting on the bench. Instead go with the hot hand to start. Josh Harding. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not sure I dig the defensmen there.  I'd be surprised to see Carlson as a top pairing D-man.  I think Yandle and Faulk might be better options than Carlson or Martin, and if Orpik gets healthy, he might be needed as a pure d-man.  

Too many point scoring D-men for me and not enough tough, stay-at-home defenders.  Not the most physical blueline.  Without Buff, Jack Johnson, Orpik, and Bogosian this definitely seems to show a preference for the finesse game.  I know it will be international hockey and called pretty tightly, but I'd say this blueline needs a little more grit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I see your points and could see Bogosian getting in but I want speed and mobility.

Good with the goalie order ?

@Red - I am seeing a lot more votes for Harding from Canadian fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm not surprised - I think he's done more to play his way on to that team than anyone else not invited to the camp. And Fletch, Buff leads all American D in points. He drives me nuts, like watching him completely fan on a one-timer on an open net last night, but he can bang and he can score. I can't see Team USA leaving him at home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It really is tough with the Dmen for USA, in terms of who to pick.  A few standouts, but it really seems like a dozen guys are more or less equally qualified.  Skating and mobility seem like a must, between the big ice surface, the international refereeing, and the elite speed and skill of opposing forwards from Canada, Swedan, etc.  It's a really tough call.

red, will Buff be able to keep up with nothing but all-star forwards on the big surface?  That's my only concern

Then again, they're also gonna need some guys that can handle forwards like Getzlaf and Franzen in front.  I've been watching Eric Johnson a lot and he really isn't very physical.  

I don't think the US can out-skill and out-finesse the competition, I think they'll need to have a blend of skill with some good ol' North American grit (penalties be damned).  

I'm with you on goalies Sandog.  I think it has to be Quick as the #1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pundit picks:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=697169&navid=nhl:topheads

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah Fletch - I just don't know. If they keep him back and use him for his outlet pass that may counteract huis lack of speed and he can use body to effect in his own zone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux
    Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture-Toews-Sharp
    Benn-Bergeron-Richards

Duchene or Staal (maybe both if StamPkos can't go)

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux
    Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture-Toews-Sharp
    Benn-Bergeron-Richards

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out.

[/QUOTE]

Subban out,Seabrook in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Personally i think a Lucic/Getzlaf/Perry line would be unstoppable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]
    Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I I think I'm leaving someone out.

[/QUOTE] Subban out,Seabrook in. [/QUOTE]

Too hard, just keep second guessing myself LoL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What do you think about Pominville Sandog?  I see him left off a lot of lists, but 17 goals this year...

Isn't he one of the guys who can play for either the US or Canada?

I'm sure the US would have more room for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He could've, but he committed to the USA, so that's his national team now. He leads all Americans in goals - you think he'd be on that team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not an easy one - consider for example that your team excludes Canada's leading goal scorer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Never mind - I forgot Steen was committed to Sweden for International play. Damn, Sweden's going to have a fantastic team this year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]
    Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I I think I'm leaving someone out.

[/QUOTE] Subban out,Seabrook in. [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seabrook & Subban will both be on this team ahead of Boumeester.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Stamkos-Crosby-Giroux
    Tavares-Getzlaf-Perry
    Couture-Toews-Sharp
    Benn-Bergeron-Richards

Keith-Weber
    Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
    Subban-Doughty

Vlasic

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

[/QUOTE]

You are-  goaltender Mike Smith.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Smith over Harding? Or  over Lou?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still have visions of Leaky Lou letting in the late goal, which he has a habit of doing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know Red. I'd take Harding for one reason & one reason only. He's obvisiously has learned how to win. His battle with MS & how he's a better goalie now than he's ever been is really something. My concern with him going is would it be too much of a distraction for the team? I mean look at last year in the play-offs when he went in after Backstrom got hurt. Can you imagine the media frenzy on this kind of stage? Right now, I'd take Smith & let him & Price battle it out. Both these goalie's also handle the puck very well which will be a huge asset in O-size ice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

I honestly don't know Red. I'd take Harding for one reason & one reason only. He's obvisiously has learned how to win. His battle with MS & how he's a better goalie now than he's ever been is really something. My concern with him going is would it be too much of a distraction for the team? I mean look at last year in the play-offs when he went in after Backstrom got hurt. Can you imagine the media frenzy on this kind of stage? Right now, I'd take Smith & let him & Price battle it out. Both these goalie's also handle the puck very well which will be a huge asset in O-size ice.

[/QUOTE]

Well the fact that at this rate he could well be lifting up the Vezina at the end of the season may be another reason - with all due respect to Rask, it's tough not to take the hottest goalie in the NHL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out. [/QUOTE]

You are-  goaltender Mike Smith.[/QUOTE]

If Loungo stays hurt Nite ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]

Harding
    Price
    Luongo

I can't pick Canada's team it's too dam hard! I made so many switches because I think I'm leaving someone out. [/QUOTE]

You are-  goaltender Mike Smith.[/QUOTE]

If Loungo stays hurt Nite ?

[/QUOTE]

No, I think barring injury- Smith is going no matter what. I made a thread about Harding going earlier this year, but I don't get the sense the powers that be are giving him enough credit. I think the only way Harding goes is if Lu stays injured. Price/Smith & then Luongo. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Not one mention of a remote chance of a Krug sighting?