Olympic roster projected lineups

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Olympic roster projected lineups

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've seen a lot of pundits leaving Seabrook off their lists, should be interesting. Also seeing more wanting Crawford on the team as well.

[/QUOTE]

I can't see them leaving Seabrook off this team? The guy is a horse.... What is the  deal with Vlasic being on everyone's list?  No better options? I don't watch many San Jose games San...is he better option than Boyle?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've seen a lot of pundits leaving Seabrook off their lists, should be interesting. Also seeing more wanting Crawford on the team as well.

[/QUOTE]

I can't see them leaving Seabrook off this team? The guy is a horse.... What is the  deal with Vlasic being on everyone's list?  No better options? I don't watch many San Jose games San...is he better option than Boyle?

[/QUOTE]

He and keith are a great pairing.  Canadas problem is all the right handed shots.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:[QUOTE] I've seen a lot of pundits leaving Seabrook off their lists, should be interesting. Also seeing more wanting Crawford on the team as well.

[/QUOTE]

I can't see them leaving Seabrook off this team? The guy is a horse.... What is the  deal with Vlasic being on everyone's list?  No better options? I don't watch many San Jose games San...is he better option than Boyle? [/QUOTE]

A younger option that seems to be a pattern. And I am a big Boyle fan. Also there seems to be a choosing of two big bodies and then the rest skaters that have offensive upside for defenders. Vlasic is both.

Tough decisions for Yzerman. Easily tougher than any other country!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure that's what ya meant nite ;)

I was thinking of slotting in Lucic as well, but in place of Benn.

And one more team announced - Czech Republic. Sorry, it's not in English, but I figure you'll get what it means.

Brankáři:

Ondřej Pavelec (Winnipeg, NHL), Jakub Kovář (Jekatěrinburg, KHL), Alexander Salák(Petrohrad, KHL).

Obránci:

Marek Židlický (New Jersey, NHL), Radko Gudas (Tampa Bay, NHL), Michal Rozsíval(Chicago, NHL), Ladislav Šmíd (Calgary, NHL), Zbyněk Michálek (Phoenix, NHL), Lukáš Krajíček (Dynamo Minsk, KHL), Michal Barinka (HC Vítkovice Steel), Tomáš Kaberle(Rytíři Kladno).

Útočníci:

Jaromír Jágr, Patrik Eliáš (oba New Jersey, NHL), Tomáš Plekanec (Montreal, NHL),Aleš Hemský (Edmonton, NHL), David Krejčí (Boston, NHL), Jakub Voráček(Philadelphia, NHL), Vladimír Sobotka (St. Louis, NHL), Milan Michálek (Ottawa, NHL),Martin Hanzal (Phoenix, NHL), Michael Frolík (Winnipeg, NHL), Ondřej Palát (Tampa Bay, NHL), Roman Červenka (Petrohrad, KHL), Jiří Novotný (Lev Praha, KHL), Petr Nedvěd(Bílí Tygři Liberec).

Can't believe Nedved is still playing.

[/QUOTE]

Feel for DK on this team... Tell me politics doesn't come in to play when you choose 2 forty year old geezers , yet leave better players like Vrbata and Hudler sitting at home....Good Luck...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He and keith are a great pairing.  Canadas problem is all the right handed shots.  

[/QUOTE]
    Heard it all day Shupe. Babcock is adamant about having 4 of each shooting each way. That's the "logical" reason that Seabrook isn't in. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Him & Girioux's name are the 2 that have been off & on the most thru-out the season. That's why he's one of the possibilites that Lucic takes his place.

[/QUOTE]

I can understand giroux based on play but bergie hasnt been lights out either.  Logan on the other hand has been steady all year, plays all situations.  I would love lucic out there.  I wouldnt take him ahead of couture.  But we've said our piece on this.  I think lucic game is 100 worthy of a spot. I think hes playing great.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, I'm honestly not arguing about Couture, but I'm going off the rails and picking Lucic, only as "Ryan" type of thing. Wanna know what I wish? I just wish that they allowed a one game trial. I just would love to see a Getzlaf, Perry, Lucic line for one game, just to see how much damage they would do. This will probably be the only chance we'll ever get a chance to see it. So, it's more of a wishful than an actual thought it will happen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Him & Girioux's name are the 2 that have been off & on the most thru-out the season. That's why he's one of the possibilites that Lucic takes his place.

[/QUOTE]

I can understand giroux based on play but bergie hasnt been lights out either.  Logan on the other hand has been steady all year, plays all situations.  I would love lucic out there.  I wouldnt take him ahead of couture.  But we've said our piece on this.  I think lucic game is 100 worthy of a spot. I think hes playing great.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, I'm honestly not arguing about Couture, but I'm going off the rails and picking Lucic, only as "Ryan" type of thing. Wanna know what I wish? I just wish that they allowed a one game trial. I just would love to see a Getzlaf, Perry, Lucic line for one game, just to see how much damage they would do. This will probably be the only chance we'll ever get a chance to see it. So, it's more of a wishful than an actual thought it will happen. 

[/QUOTE]

BooYah!!! Now thats a line!! I'd like to see the d pair that can handle that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Finland Announced....and the goaltending situation, as expected, is insane.

Goalkeepers: Kari Lehtonen, Antti Niemi, Tuukka Rask

Defensemen: Lasse Kukkonen, Juuso Hietanen, Sami Lepistö, Olli Määttä, Sami Salo, Kimmo Timonen, Ossi Väänänen, Sami Vatanen

Forwards: Juhamatti Aaltonen, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Petri Kontiola, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehterä, Antti Pihlström, Tuomo Ruutu, Teemu Selänne

Notable names absent: Sean Bergenheim, World Junior hero Rasmus Ristolainen and Pekka Rinne (injured).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Defensemen: Lasse Kukkonen, Juuso Hietanen, Sami Lepistö, Olli Määttä, Sami Salo, Kimmo Timonen, Ossi Väänänen, Sami Vatanen

Forwards: Juhamatti Aaltonen, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Mikael Granlund, Jussi Jokinen, Olli Jokinen, Mikko Koivu, Leo Komarov, Petri Kontiola, Lauri Korpikoski, Jori Lehterä, Antti Pihlström, Tuomo Ruutu, Teemu Selänne

Notable names absent: Sean Bergenheim, World Junior hero Rasmus Ristolainen and Pekka Rinne (injured).

[/QUOTE]

Finland is always tough, but I'm not impressed by that blueline at all.  Hope Tuukka doesn't come back too tired from the Olympic break...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

----------

Add to that currently injured Pekka Rinne was previously in the conversation as a possible Olympic starter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE]

You missed Steen San - I figure he'll slot in alongside the Sedins.

Edit: Nevermind, just notuiced you had him on the 4th - the 4th?

Sedin - Sedin - Steen

Landeskog - Zetterberg - Eriksson

Franzen - Backstrom - Hornquist

Hagelin - Berglubnd - Alfie

OEL - Karlsson

Kronwall - Enstrom

Hedman - Edler

Hjalmarrsson or Oduya

Lundqvist

Lehner

Fasth [/QUOTE]

The complete Swedish roster is as follows:

Goaltenders: Jhonas Enroth, Jonas Gustavsson, Henrik Lundqvist.

Defence: Alexander Edler, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson, Niklas Kronwall, Johnny Oduya, Henrik Tallinder.

Forwards: Daniel Alfredsson, Nicklas Backstrom, Patrik Berglund, Jimmie Ericsson, Loui Eriksson, Johan Franzen, Carl Hagelin, Marcus Kruger, Gabriel Landeskog, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Jakob Silfverberg, Alexander Steen, Henrik Zetterberg.

The roster includes 22 players that were invited for Sweden's summer evaluation camp with the exception of Alfredsson, Gustavsson and Silfverberg."

Sweden is in Red. No suprise LouI is on the team. Tough team to beat for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:[QUOTE]

You missed Steen San - I figure he'll slot in alongside the Sedins.

Edit: Nevermind, just notuiced you had him on the 4th - the 4th?

Sedin - Sedin - Steen

Landeskog - Zetterberg - Eriksson

Franzen - Backstrom - Hornquist

Hagelin - Berglubnd - Alfie

OEL - Karlsson

Kronwall - Enstrom

Hedman - Edler

Hjalmarrsson or Oduya

Lundqvist

Lehner

Fasth [/QUOTE]

The complete Swedish roster is as follows:

Goaltenders: Jhonas Enroth, Jonas Gustavsson, Henrik Lundqvist.

Defence: Alexander Edler, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jonathan Ericsson, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Erik Karlsson, Niklas Kronwall, Johnny Oduya, Henrik Tallinder.

Forwards: Daniel Alfredsson, Nicklas Backstrom, Patrik Berglund, Jimmie Ericsson, Loui Eriksson, Johan Franzen, Carl Hagelin, Marcus Kruger, Gabriel Landeskog, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Jakob Silfverberg, Alexander Steen, Henrik Zetterberg.

The roster includes 22 players that were invited for Sweden's summer evaluation camp with the exception of Alfredsson, Gustavsson and Silfverberg."

Sweden is in Red. No suprise LouI is on the team. Tough team to beat for sure.

[/QUOTE]

But...but...Rusty said he wouldnt make it!!! Now i just dont know what to think...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That sucks about Couture, they could still leave him on the team then replace him later if he can't go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

That sucks about Couture, they could still leave him on the team then replace him later if he can't go.

[/QUOTE]

Gee, that came out of nowhere...doubt he gets back in time for Olympics... Surgery is usually long recovery... How about James Neal as replacement ...no one has mentioned him in the mix?  He scores goals...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[/QUOTE]

Gee, that came out of nowhere...doubt he gets back in time for Olympics... Surgery is usually long recovery... How about James Neal as replacement ...no one has mentioned him in the mix?  He scores goals...

[/QUOTE]

They don't need goals. Just more truculence. ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now this likely opens door for Lucic in my mind.  The other possible bubbles would be Richards, Joe, Benn.  

Im a huge Couture fan but also would love Lucic in there.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No Neal huh Shup ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I knew Subban would be in!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Chara's teammates:

Goaltenders -- Peter BudajMontreal CanadiensJaroslav HalakSt. Louis Blues, Jan Laco, Donbass Donetsk (KHL)

Defensemen -- Ivan Baranka, Avangard Omsk (RUS), Dominik Granak, Dynamo Moscow (RUS),Zdeno CharaBoston BruinsMartin MarincinEdmonton OilersAndrej MeszarosPhiladelphia FlyersAndrej SekeraCarolina HurricanesMichal Sersen, Slovan Bratislava (KHL), Lubomir VisnovskyNew York Islanders

Forwards -- Milan Bartovic, Slovan Bratislava (KHL), Marian GaborikColumbus Blue JacketsMichal HandzusChicago BlackhawksMarcel Hossa, Dinamo Riga (KHL), Marian HossaChicago BlackhawksTomas JurcoDetroit Red WingsTomas KopeckyFlorida PanthersTomas Marcinko, HC Kosice (SVK), Michel Miklik, Slovan Bratislava (KHL), Peter Olvecky, Slovan Bratislava (KHL), Richard PanikTampa Bay LightningTomas Surovy, Dynamo Minsk (KHL), Tomas TatarDetroit Red Wings,Tomas Zaborsky, Salavat Yulayev Ufa (RUS)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now this likely opens door for Lucic in my mind.  The other possible bubbles would be Richards, Joe, Benn.  

Im a huge Couture fan but also would love Lucic in there.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, I think Benn is on the team... Heard as well this AM that an insider found out that Duchene is also on the team... It would be cool for Lucic to make it but I don't see it... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Bouwmeester, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Pietrangelo, Subban, Vlasic, Weber on defence"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Forwards: Benn, Bergeron, Carter, Crosby, Duchene, Getxlaf, Kunitz, Marleau, Nash, Perry, Sharp, Stamkos, Tavers, and Toews.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Goalies: Luongo, Price, Smith.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wow...I wasn't close!

Goaltenders

Price, Luongo, Smith

Defense

KeithSeabrook

Bouwmeester - Doughty

Vlasic - Weber

Subban - Pietrangelo

Hamhuis in

Forwards

Neal - CrosbyStamkos

Sharp - Toews - Giroux

Duchene - Getzlaf - Perry

Couture - Tavares - St. Louis

BergeronBenn

Carter in

Kunitz in

Marleau in

Nash in

No Couture. Guess they were worried about the injury. But no Giroux? That's a big shocker for me. Kunitz instead of Neal is a mistake in my opinion. Marleau instead of St. Louis I guess I understand.

There will be TONS of second-guessing here. But then again...who are we to dismiss what these pros are looking at?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

"Bouwmeester, Doughty, Hamhuis, Keith, Pietrangelo, Subban, Vlasic, Weber on defence"

[/QUOTE]

I will never understand the facination Canada hockey has with Bouwmeester.... Hamhuis , just a complete surprise....Seabrook should have been in...

Looks like Couture was never on the team... Which was a surprise.... Maybe he found out beforehand and elected to have surgery....weird timing when I first read it this am...

Jeff Carter, Chris Kunitz----WOW!!!!! No Giroux, Thorton or St.Louis......