Re: Olympic roster projected lineups
posted at 1/1/2014 3:23 PM EST
I happened to be watching a half hour special on CBC before the Winter Classic " The Making of Team Canada" a great behind the scenes look with Canada's top brass discussing potential players for this team. One interesting observation was Chiarelli throwing Seguin's name up for discussion..who knew? I thought that was great to see... It's business and you can't let emotions and your beliefs cloud your judgement....PC =class act.
Other takeaways in trying to read into these guys , which was difficult, and not set in stone..just my take...
- Jamie Benn has earned a spot on the team I am almost 100% sure.
- Lucic , as much as we want to see him on the team- only PC stood up for him, Holland, Armstrong and Lowe not so much....I think it was between him and Benn.
- Getzlaff and Perry locks- no surprise- "their like Fred and Ginger"-- Kevin Lowe
- Stall and Nash had to play their a$$es off to have a chance - Nash might be a wild card here. Yzerman likes him, but tough to read ..
- Price will be Canada's goalie-- I think that was obvious-- Smith will be there as well from the sounds of it...
- lots of discussion on Stamkos-- big question was " how in game shape is he going to be ? And do we think him at 50% -60% is better than our 13th forward at 100%? I thought I heard one guy say Yes :)
Overall, good in behind the scenes look at the inner workings on building the team.. As Yzerman stated " there are going to be a lot of great players who deserve to be on this team but unfortunately they won't be " Team is going to be focused on young group, speed guys, and also add some veteran influence?