Olympic tournament schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Olympic tournament schedule

In response to shuperman's comment:

Amazing roster.  Best usa team since world cup team.   I think scoring goals will be only problem.

They have a great shot.  I think the russians and swedes are solid as well.  Im hoping for a usa vs canada final.  

I like the USA squad.  Not many true superstars, but a great collection of talent that doesn't fall off so much like other teams may.  Reminds me of the 2011 Boston Bruins.

I'm sure you're hoping for a USA vs. Canada final.  That would mean that Canada got in!  Considering the sad state of affairs between the pipes and a questionable blue line (Letang...really?), I think most people north of the border should get their bronze polish out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Last time the games were on NA size ice, this time they'll be on international ice on Russia's home turf."

Red - I would have to agree with this if the US hadn't won a medal in this years Men's Worlds or won U20 Gold on bigger ice surface(s) in 2004 and 2013 as well. The US has gotten better on the bigger ice surfaces over the years. The players and coaching staffs have become more used to the ice surface size.

Also I think Sweden, the Czechs and Slovania have caught Russia in depth and overall internationa play. I am more concerned with Czechoslovokia than any other European team next winter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San.  Seabrook and Keith together are money.  They have 2 cups and played on 2010 team.   Pronger didnt have a strong tourny.  What you fail to mention is that drew is much better then neids or pronger in 2010 at that stage of their career.   

if suspect means proven winners, leaders, mobility, norris trophies, gold medal winners then i guess yeah they are suspect.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I am more concerned with Czechoslovokia than any other European team next winter.

What about USSR?  West Germany? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Amazing roster.  Best usa team since world cup team.   I think scoring goals will be only problem.

They have a great shot.  I think the russians and swedes are solid as well.  Im hoping for a usa vs canada final.  

I like the USA squad.  Not many true superstars, but a great collection of talent that doesn't fall off so much like other teams may.  Reminds me of the 2011 Boston Bruins.

I'm sure you're hoping for a USA vs. Canada final.  That would mean that Canada got in!  Considering the sad state of affairs between the pipes and a questionable blue line (Letang...really?), I think most people north of the border should get their bronze polish out.

[/QUOTE]

How are they suspect.  4 are returning.   One which is drew who is much better then he was 4 yrs ago.   Letang pk and AP are top notch dmen who can skate, move the puck.   I love canadas def.  and i think our fwds are even better.  If kelser is on your top line well.  Thats just bad.  It would be like having heatley back.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I am more concerned with Czechoslovokia than any other European team next winter.

What about USSR?  West Germany? [/QUOTE]

Oh how I miss the women's shotput and weightlifting!

I know Czech Republic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How are they suspect.  4 are returning.   One which is drew who is much better then he was 4 yrs ago.   Letang pk and AP are top notch dmen who can skate, move the puck.   I love canadas def.  and i think our fwds are even better.  If kelser is on your top line well.  Thats just bad.  It would be like having heatley back.   

[/QUOTE]

Here's Lambert's impression:

Zach Parise - Joe Pavelski - Patrick Kane

Ryan Callahan - David Backes - Phil Kessel

Max Pacioretty - Ryan Kesler - Bobby Ryan

James van Riemsdyk - Paul Stastny - Dustin Brown

That's a pretty good top line.

I'm joking about Canada's defense, of course.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pronger didnt have a strong tourny.  What you fail to mention is that drew is much better then neids or pronger in 2010 at that stage of their career.

Disagree and that doesn't make you weird.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[

You follow Brent Seabrook much ?

I think the US will be better at center with new, younger talent than they had in 2010.

I don't think Canada will be as good on defense in 2014 as they were in 2010 at the Olympics.

You don't know the difference between "talent" and "suspect".

[/QUOTE]

You think the USA will be bettter at center. Why ? Because of new younger talent.

You think that Canada's defence won't be as good. Why ? Because of new younger talent .

Weird.

Same reasoning with different results. Amazing how that works.

Isn't there a possibility that the players available for Canada's defence are playing at a higher level now then Pronger and Niedermayer were in the late stages of their career in 2010 ?

If that's the case, which I think it is ..........newer, younger talent is good for Canada's defence also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]   Pronger didnt have a strong tourny.  What you fail to mention is that drew is much better then neids or pronger in 2010 at that stage of their career.

Disagree and that doesn't make you weird.

[/QUOTE]

That's weird of you for disagreeing on these two things. I agree with both statements from shupe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like everything about the USA team except Stastny. Even as a fourth line center, just dont like his game.

I'd say team Canada defense is better this time than it was last. Doughty is better, P.K is is better than him, and Pietrangelo is a guy who wont have the hype those two come with, but damn is he good and just getting better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I don't think Canada will be as good on defense in 2014 as they were in 2010 at the Olympics.

You don't know the difference between "talent" and "suspect".

You think that Canada's defence won't be as good. Why ? Because of new younger talent .

If that's the case, which I think it is ..........newer, younger talent is good for Canada's defence also. [/QUOTE]

I don't think the replacements for Pronger and Neidermeyer are better. You now don't the difference between talent, suspect or how to spell you best defensemans last name.

Weird!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]   Pronger didnt have a strong tourny.  What you fail to mention is that drew is much better then neids or pronger in 2010 at that stage of their career.

Disagree and that doesn't make you weird.[/QUOTE]

That's weird of you for disagreeing on these two things. I agree with both statements from shupe. [/QUOTE]

"I'm fine, offensively and defensively, with Pavelski or Stephan over Drury and Lagenbrunner."

How convenient you left that out of course. And there is allot more I can come up with for Pronger and Niedermeyers careers other than that there replacements are younger.

Right back to your weak arguments from the past.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[/QUOTE]

The Czechs? Really? Surely 68 doesn't make that team. If he does, they won't medal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's Lambert's impression:

Zach Parise - Joe Pavelski - Patrick Kane

Ryan Callahan - David Backes - Phil Kessel

Max Pacioretty - Ryan Kesler - Bobby Ryan

James van Riemsdyk - Paul Stastny - Dustin Brown

That's a pretty good top line.

[/QUOTE]

That fwd lineup just doesnt have enough.  Pavelski?  we could lend you joe and marleau if ya like. We will pass on both but take logan.  Paul Stastny?  Weird.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And there is allot more I can come up with for Pronger and Niedermeyers careers other than that there replacements are younger.

Really, you did ? Acually the "allot" is not there.  

Right back to your weak arguments from the past.

Yes, saying Canada's defense is suspect makes for a strong argument on your part . 

Is that what Norris trophy winners and nominees are ?  

P.S. I guess you watched as much of Scott Niedermayer's career as I have of Seabrook's.

Weird huh ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Are you not saying to yourself "wtf" with that thought ? 

Weird.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Are you not saying to yourself "wtf" with that thought ? 

Weird.

Everyone seems on edge here right now, as if the place is just going to blow up.  I think people spent too much time reading and responding to bruins8 and now think each post and response should be similar.

Can't wait for training camp.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Everyone seems on edge here right now, as if the place is just going to blow up.  I think people spent too much time reading and responding to bruins8 and now think each post and response should be similar.

Can't wait for training camp.

A "no comment" would have been a much simpler reply.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Canada Rules!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Canada Rules!

Actually it doesn't.  The Queen of England rules that land.  Is everyone up there excited for the new royal baby?  It must be a bit strange to think that the future ruler of your country is about to be born.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

P.S. I guess you watched as much of Scott Niedermayer's career as I have of Seabrook's.

Apparently No, I only know that he is older than his replacement.

Finally got one of Canada's best players name right great job

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

The Czechs? Really? Surely 68 doesn't make that team. If he does, they won't medal.

Goaltending

Goalie 1: Ondrej Pavelec

Goalie 2: Tomas Vokoun

Goalie 3: Michal Neuvirth

Defense

D1: Marek Zidlicky – Rostislav Klesla

D2: Roman Hamrlik – Zbynek Michalek

D3: Roman P0lak – Filip Kuba

Forwards:

1st Line: C Patrik Elias (Captain) – LW Milan Michalek – RW Jakub Voracek

2nd Line: C David Krejci – LW Tomas Fleischmann – RW Radim Vrbata

3rd Line: C Tomas Plekanec – LW Jiri Tlusty – RW Jaromir Jagr

Checking Line: C Martin Hanzal – LW  Martin Erat – RW Jiri Hudler

Spares: RW Martin Havlat, C/LW Vaclav Prospal"

No medal ? Hockey Writers don't like the lineup but I think it is good, not great but good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

.........and seen some of them you have never heard of.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

.........and seen some of them you have never heard of. [/QUOTE]

Can't wiat to see your review after you've seen them on TV