Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely

So, Mr. Neely, you didn't like the high sticking call on Bergeron and you were fuming because after viewing the video replay, you clearly saw that Bergeron's stick did not even come into contact with Wisniewski's head ! It's time to act .

You MUST spearhead a call for a radical change to the league's current
     'diving' or 'unsportsman like conduct'  rules.  We can't blame the officials who are obliged to react in seconds to what they see. So here's what can be done.

Time to bring in video review !  As  player A who was called for  boarding, highsticking , charging, interference etc. is serving his 2  or 5 minute penalty , the video is being reviewed ...AND IF THE VIDEO CLEARLY INDICATES that  player B  'embelished the infraction to mislead the referees to ensure a power play for his team, the officials are informed of the 'unsportsman like infraction' and the player B   is 1) evicted from the game 2) fined $??? dollars depending on if he's a repeat offender or not, and 3) his team is automatically given a 5 minute penalty.

These steps will ensure that diving , faking, and acting are taken out of this wonderful sport we all love !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely

You're dreaming man ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]  So, Mr. Neely, you didn't like the high sticking call on Bergeron and you were fuming because after viewing the video replay, you clearly saw that Bergeron's stick did not even come into contact with Wisniewski's head ! It's time to act .   You MUST spearhead a call for a radical change to the league's current  'diving' or 'unsportsman like conduct'  rules.  We can't blame the officials who are obliged to react in seconds to what they see. So here's what can be done. Time to bring in video review !  As  player A who was called for  boarding, highsticking , charging, interference etc. is serving his 2  or 5 minute penalty , the video is being reviewed ...AND IF THE VIDEO CLEARLY INDICATES that  player B  'embelished the infraction to mislead the referees to ensure a power play for his team, the officials are informed of the 'unsportsman like infraction' and the player B   is 1) evicted from the game 2) fined $??? dollars depending on if he's a repeat offender or not, and 3) his team is automatically given a 5 minute penalty. These steps will ensure that diving , faking, and acting are taken out of this wonderful sport we all love !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Is this a fact you're stating? Is there some sort of review where this is actually evident; or are you stating an opinion? I'm asking to shut one of my co-workers up because he won't stop on the non-high stick call on Kelly, the high stick contact on the puck by Ryder just before the 3rd goal & the Ference shoulder on Halpern! So please tell me where I can find this to shut him up!!! Bad calls on both teams!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely : Is this a fact you're stating? Is there some sort of review where this is actually evident; or are you stating an opinion? I'm asking to shut one of my co-workers up because he won't stop on the non-high stick call on Kelly, the high stick contact on the puck by Ryder just before the 3rd goal & the Ference shoulder on Halpern! So please tell me where I can find this to shut him up!!! Bad calls on both teams!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Wizniewski's head/helmet made no contact with Bergeron's stick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely : Is this a fact you're stating? Is there some sort of review where this is actually evident; or are you stating an opinion? I'm asking to shut one of my co-workers up because he won't stop on the non-high stick call on Kelly, the high stick contact on the puck by Ryder just before the 3rd goal & the Ference shoulder on Halpern! So please tell me where I can find this to shut him up!!! Bad calls on both teams!

Okay fine maybe Bergeron's stick was very close and the jerking of the head sold the call.  I thought Peverly also sold the call well 10mins earlier only that in a close game the refs let that go.
    Then this so called spear by Kelly, come on ... give me a break. It was Hamerlik while trying to get the puck before Kelly's poke check lifted the stick. The forward motion of Kelly cause his stick to press against his chest up high.  No way is that a call.
    Ryder high stick just before that ,  very debateable. Maybe it was but in a game where the refs missed so many also the otherway it was not the end of the world.
    Funny how the losing team fans just looks for excuses. 
    Who's to say if Kelly didn't score that the Bruins wouldn't scored on another occasion.  Who's to say that the Habs get that PP at the end and PK scores. 
    Like that fast whistle in Montreal ,  Gionta played the refs and the whole crowd. He put it in a full second after the whistle.  Tell me he didn't hear it? 
    and who's to say if TT doesn't hear a whistle he finds and freezes or clears the puck before Gionta arrives. The same goes for this situation, who's to say if that goal counted the Bruins get caught with too many men on the ice and then make it into a 5 on 3.
    Anyway,  you get my point. Just tell your Hab co-worker to move on .
    I for one loved the series and my only regret were the officials not letting them play (i.e. CHI-VAN). 
    I have to admit my biggest fear was the Bruins backing away too much due to the refs calling it too tight but instead they kept on coming.  Bravo !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely : Okay fine maybe Bergeron's stick was very close and the jerking of the head sold the call.  I thought Peverly also sold the call well 10mins earlier only that in a close game the refs let that go. Then this so called spear by Kelly, come on ... give me a break. It was Hamerlik while trying to get the puck before Kelly's poke check lifted the stick. The forward motion of Kelly cause his stick to press against his chest up high.  No way is that a call. Ryder high stick just before that ,  very debateable. Maybe it was but in a game where the refs missed so many also the otherway it was not the end of the world. Funny how the losing team fans just looks for excuses.  Who's to say if Kelly didn't score that the Bruins wouldn't scored on another occasion.  Who's to say that the Habs get that PP at the end and PK scores.  Like that fast whistle in Montreal ,  Gionta played the refs and the whole crowd. He put it in a full second after the whistle.  Tell me he didn't hear it?  and who's to say if TT doesn't hear a whistle he finds and freezes or clears the puck before Gionta arrives. The same goes for this situation, who's to say if that goal counted the Bruins get caught with too many men on the ice and then make it into a 5 on 3. Anyway,  you get my point. Just tell your Hab co-worker to move on . I for one loved the series and my only regret were the officials not letting them play (i.e. CHI-VAN).  I have to admit my biggest fear was the Bruins backing away too much due to the refs calling it too tight but instead they kept on coming.  Bravo !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely : Okay fine maybe Bergeron's stick was very close and the jerking of the head sold the call.  I thought Peverly also sold the call well 10mins earlier only that in a close game the refs let that go. Then this so called spear by Kelly, come on ... give me a break. It was Hamerlik while trying to get the puck before Kelly's poke check lifted the stick. The forward motion of Kelly cause his stick to press against his chest up high.  No way is that a call. Ryder high stick just before that ,  very debateable. Maybe it was but in a game where the refs missed so many also the otherway it was not the end of the world. Funny how the losing team fans just looks for excuses.  Who's to say if Kelly didn't score that the Bruins wouldn't scored on another occasion.  Who's to say that the Habs get that PP at the end and PK scores.  Like that fast whistle in Montreal ,  Gionta played the refs and the whole crowd. He put it in a full second after the whistle.  Tell me he didn't hear it?  and who's to say if TT doesn't hear a whistle he finds and freezes or clears the puck before Gionta arrives. The same goes for this situation, who's to say if that goal counted the Bruins get caught with too many men on the ice and then make it into a 5 on 3. Anyway,  you get my point. Just tell your Hab co-worker to move on . I for one loved the series and my only regret were the officials not letting them play (i.e. CHI-VAN).  I have to admit my biggest fear was the Bruins backing away too much due to the refs calling it too tight but instead they kept on coming.  Bravo !

Hey B.S. by far my fovorite blogger!!
    Not sure if Ive got you right.
    Peverlys dive didn`t get called so...
    Kellys stick was chest up high, not throat, and was only delivered because of its forward motion, so... 
    Ryder high stick very debatable so....
    Habs used fast whistle to thier advantage....bastards!!!!
    One thing when losers make excuses but when winners make excuses.....
    Winner, whiner, winner, whiner.....
    You gotta kick that NESN habit you got going there. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL M. Canadien

Peverlys got highsticked, never said dive  ,  didn`t get the same call as Wizniewski .
    Kellys stick was chest up high, not throat, and was only delivered because Hamerlik's and Kelly both reached out for the puck , Hamerlik's stick was what drove Kelly's stick high on the chest .
    Ryder high stick very debatable so.... Yes debateable, just like his penalty at 2-0. Not Ryders fault he was stronger in the corner and Plekanek fell. You win some and you lose some.
    Habs used fast whistle to thier advantage....bastards!!!! Yes so your class-less fans can throw stuff on the ice and intimidate the refs for the rest of the game.
    One thing when losers make excuses but when winners make excuses.....
    Winner, whiner, winner, whiner..... YES BRUINS ARE THE WINNERS !
    You gotta kick that NESN habit you got going there. and you're just like Bob Cole and Glen Healy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely : Wizniewski's head/helmet made no contact with Bergeron's stick.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Thank You NAS! Btw- my BBM status the nite Julien put Paille out there said pretty close to the same as your underline! LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Atta Boi Legion don't take this Shab lovers dung!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

You are all missing the point ! Diving, faking, and acting cannot be tolerated in the NHL...regardless of which team is guilty of such infractions. Players are ruining the game by taking advantage of new rules put into place TO PROTECT THEM. 

CAM...argue that the Bruins fully support the new rules...BUT there must be
    counter measures to eliminate the increased phenomenon of purposely misleading the officials that an infraction has been commited.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Open letter to Mr Cam Neely? Ok. Here's my contribution.
    Cam, we are still not worthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bobbyorr...the easiest solution is to JUST MAKE THE CALL(DIVING). PERIOD. how hard is that. the problem is, they don't want to make that call-AND BE WRONG. to that i say, you do it on every other call during a game. they get calls wrong- ALL THE TIME.  doesn't stop them from ever making that call again does it? it's called not having the balls to make the call. what's the different between a bogus high sticking call and a bogus diving call? nothing. start calling it(diving), or live with it. looks like the nhl is willing to live with it. sad, it's ruining the game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We'll get some answers on how bad it is in Round 2. Diving/faking for calls won't be an issue with organizations like Boston and Philly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I've seen Hartnell try to pull a few over the last few years but the Flyers have far more integrity than the Montreal diving team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

carcillo makes up for the entire team(he's a joke)...i hope the series is short, i really can't stand the sight of this guy. he's a rat-in every sense of the word 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

The refs are trying way to hard!  Check this "penalty" out from last night's vancouver / nashville game.  What a perfect hip check!  It's criminal what they are doing to the game.  They're not calling the flopping and diving but jump all over any solid hit. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znuYertkcX0

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

way too hard......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

The solution is simple - and simple solutions are always best - You are never going to eliminate high-sticking and diving with suspensions etc. And, as it stands, determining intent or real injury is a near-impossible call for a Referee to make. one that has MAJOR implications on the outcome of a game.

In my NHL, everyone wears a full cage like the one Chris Kelly has.

Full cage virtually eliminates the the high-sticking penalty and any attempts at diving. A stick around the face - even inadvertant or accidental - becomes inconsequential.

The Bruins would've lost the Series the other night if the game had been tied, when Bergeron was penalized.

Can't really fight with a full-cage but no one fights when the Games mean something anyway - and when a game means something you can't have it - or a Series - determined by a dumb penalty or worse, an act of fakery.

it demeans the whole game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Winners don't make excuses.  There is nothing wrong with discussing hockey plays.  I for one would like diving from ALL teams reviewed, penalized or fined.  I can't believe how easy players go down now compared to the old days where it took a tank to knock someone down.  BRUTAL!!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter to Mr. Cam Neely :   Hey B.S. by far my fovorite blogger!! Not sure if Ive got you right. Peverlys dive didn`t get called so... Kellys stick was chest up high, not throat, and was only delivered because of its forward motion, so...  Ryder high stick very debatable so.... Habs used fast whistle to thier advantage....bastards!!!! One thing when losers make excuses but when winners make excuses..... Winner, whiner, winner, whiner..... You gotta kick that NESN habit you got going there. 
    Posted by Canadien175[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

If we don't want the outcome of playoff series to be determined by questionable calls. the NHL MUST bring in video replay for specifc calls such as
    boarding (players puposely turn their backs prior to being hit), high sticking ,
    tripping etc.)

I understand that the league officals are hesitant to bring in video review because it may reveal too many bad calls from the on ice officials. But that's not the reason for bringing in video review. What the fans want is just hockey game justly officiated. By punishing the divers, fakers, and actors that mislead the officials, the game will have less 'bad calls' and more justly results for the teams battling it out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]bobbyorr...the easiest solution is to JUST MAKE THE CALL(DIVING). PERIOD. how hard is that. the problem is, they don't want to make that call-AND BE WRONG. to that i say, you do it on every other call during a game. they get calls wrong- ALL THE TIME.  doesn't stop them from ever making that call again does it? it's called not having the balls to make the call. what's the different between a bogus high sticking call and a bogus diving call? nothing. start calling it(diving), or live with it. looks like the nhl is willing to live with it. sad, it's ruining the game
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

For the on ice officials making the right diving call is as difficult as making the correct tripping, boarding, high sticking etc call.  The game is fast and the referees react  to  more than just the infraction . They player's reaction is also a determining factor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

exactly my point bobbyorr... they screw up every other call, and keep on making them. so they screw up a diving call? big whup. the refs just don't have the nuts to call it. period. i've only seem it called twice i think, and both times, it was called with an original penalty. a wash, that's not helping either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Awsry, I disagree with your full face cage proposal. In fact, i disagree with using them in Minor hockey. My reason is that too many Minor and college players have accepted the full cage as built in protection, and carry their sticks up high all the time.Eliminate the cage, and teach the kids to KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE. How many times has that been drilled into kids in order to teach the right way to handle the puck. High stickings were few and far between in the days of Orr, but have continued to rise with the advent of full cage masks. i would rather see a few teeth go missing as long as the emphasis was on keeping the stick on the ice. i would also initiate a penalty for any stick carried above the shoulder as we once did in Squirts, in order to teach good stick control.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey Nite,ask him about Subban getting Peverly in the face with his stick.The only reason there was no penalty called was that Peverly chose to continue playing through it instead of reacting as if he'd been shot.How you get your stick into another players face while playing D on a 1 on 1 is beyond me.