oshie

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: oshie

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oshie is not better then marchand in any aspect of the game   Why do we need to include one of the most promising dmen in the league with it.  

[/QUOTE]

Marchand is starting slowly so he'll be included in all trade talk.  Then to sweeten the pot one of the young dman gets thrown in as well.  Get used to it!

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Chia would be dumb enough to get rid of any of the young D.  I'd say they're here to stay, and I'm glad they are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now the two of you are backtracking. Although DaveyN, my mistake about you including Hamilton, you stated otherwise.

posted at 11/22/2013 9:02 AM EST

• DaveyN
    • First: 1/25/2010
    • Last: 11/22/2013

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchand and Hamilton for Oshie?

Absolutely.

I don't want to wait. There are short windows for teams to win multiple times.  I'd be thrilled if the B's won one or two more immediately.  Yeah, it may mean some years of bottom feeding, but whatever.  We spent 30 years being good enough to compete.  Blow it out, win it all.

[/QUOTE]

Replace hamilton with someone else and id do this in a heart beat for all the reasons you listed. I dont wanna wait another 3 or 4 years to win another one. I want the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup asap.

[/QUOTE]

Replace Hamilton?  Have you watched him this year?  He's everything the Bs could want in a D man, and he's just starting out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Davey, they're in decent shape to compete for the Cup this season without a major lineup shakeup. Keeping Hamilton and the other yound D will ensure that they continue to be in shape for a Cup run for the foreseeable future. Going all or nothing on one season is a fool's gambit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Based on what?  He's tall.  He was drafted in a high slot. What else?" - 'Not-A-Shot'

Oh, I dunno,  niggly little things like athleticsim, coachability,  talent...

Jeez Dude, I thought you were being sarcastic when you bit so hard on this!

I never took you for the cockamamie trade suggesting type. Hmm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now the two of you are backtracking. Although DaveyN, my mistake about you including Hamilton, you stated otherwise.

posted at 11/22/2013 9:02 AM EST

• DaveyN
    • First: 1/25/2010
    • Last: 11/22/2013

[QUOTE]

Absolutely.

I don't want to wait. There are short windows for teams to win multiple times.  I'd be thrilled if the B's won one or two more immediately.  Yeah, it may mean some years of bottom feeding, but whatever.  We spent 30 years being good enough to compete.  Blow it out, win it all.

[/QUOTE]

Replace hamilton with someone else and id do this in a heart beat for all the reasons you listed. I dont wanna wait another 3 or 4 years to win another one. I want the Bruins to win the Stanley Cup asap.

[/QUOTE]

Replace Hamilton?  Have you watched him this year?  He's everything the Bs could want in a D man, and he's just starting out.

[/QUOTE]
    Replace Hamilton in the trade, not on the team. jeez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also Davey, given the way the season is shaping up even getting out of the first round could be harder than ever - let's say the Bruins finish second in the conference, they could very well end up playing the 3rd place team in the first round - finishing first isn't much better as they could play 5th. Sacraficing the future to go for broke in one season could completely blow up in a team's face. The experts last year were almost all saying the Pens were for the Final and then they got swept. You never know what's going to happen, so you try to win today and plan to keep winning tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Davey, they're in decent shape to compete for the Cup this season without a major lineup shakeup. Keeping Hamilton and the other yound D will ensure that they continue to be in shape for a Cup run for the foreseeable future. Going all or nothing on one season is a fool's gambit.

[/QUOTE]

I just dont like what im seeing out of marchand. He doesnt even seem to be making an effort anymore. If we could trade him for someone that can score, hit, backcheck and at least make an effort, i would.

When I said 'replace hamilton' i meant it in the trade scenario, not in the lineup. I love Hamilton, my wife got me a Hamilton jersey for my bday this year!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Replace Hamilton in the trade, not on the team. jeez.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok now that makes at least a little more sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'm trying to be realistic, not saying pull the trigger, but marchand for oshie straight up would get a laugh from the blues, even when marchand was playing well.  I wouldn't trade hamilton straight up for oshie but my guess is marchand and him would be what it takes.

[/QUOTE]

Better offensively- Marchand

Better PK- Marchand

Better clutch- Marchand

Better speed- tie but likely marchand

More physical- Oshie but he doesnt drive players bonkers like brad

How is oshie better then brad?  I dont see it.  oshie has never cracked 20 goals.  He has 2 career playoff goals.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

This thread went off the rails in a hurry.

Yeah, Oshie is a very good player. but then again there are a lot of very good players in the league. He's no Godsend

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"This thread went off the rails in a hurry..." - 'seobrien'

Some might suggest that it was never on (the rails)

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marc Savard continued with Boston where he had left off with Atlanta So did horton. CHARA has his best offensive year in Boston and won norris. I think we are putting to  much in julien system.  

[/QUOTE]

Everyone wants to point to Savard as proof that there's nothing about Julien's system that keeps the players in Boston from racking up gaudy point totals.  And it's true to a degree: players who are strong on the PP can rack up top 10 or 15 points totals.  Savard had two seasons of point/game or better production under Julien.  His best year in Boston was under Dave Lewis, and even then the majority of his production was on the PP.  He had 49 PPP vs. 46 ESP.  The last full season, 5 Bruins had that many ESP or more: Marchand, Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci and Seguin.  In those two good years under Julien before the concussions, Savard had 45 and 56 ESP.  That 56 is the only number that trumps full seasons by any Bruins since.  So yes, Savard put up great numbers as a PP guru, but last full season, the top PP performer had 38 PPP. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Meant to add that Chara had about an 18% boost in points that came with a different role on the PP vs. his days in Ottawa, and his best years have been split with years consistent with his previous Ottawa totals.  Horton's production declined slightly, and the expectation was that playing with better players in Boston would actually help elevate his totals.  In the final analysis, it probably did.  Under Julien, with Florida's talent, he might not have outscored Chris Bourque.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"This thread went off the rails in a hurry..." - 'seobrien'

Some might suggest that it was never on (the rails)

[/QUOTE]

For the win

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Absolutely.

[/QUOTE]

So Oshie puts them over the top ?

Based on what ? 

He's American ? His 2 career playoff goals ? St. Louis' playoff record of winning 1 playoff series since he's been with them ? Or just because you think so ?

Marchand and Hamilton for Oshie ? 

Absolutely not. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Chowdah, i'm pretty certain that NAS's post was meant in sarcasm.