Other Options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Other Options

Ok, so can we get past the "boo hoo no Iginla" threads and move on?

What's next? What else is out there?

Forwards:

1. Clowe, SJ-can't score but could be fine for the third line

2. Cammellari, CGY-can score but is owed $7 million next season

3. Hemsky, EDM-nice hands but an injury magnet and $5 million cap hit

Dmen:

Whitney, EDM-this is rumoured to be happening (but so was Iginla), obvious deterioration of skills, likely due to his bad ankle

Boumeester, CGY-can eat big minutes but $6.6 million cap hit for next season is a bit excessive

Smid, EDM-solid stay at home type, has absolutely no offensive value

What else is there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Other Options

One addition:

Sarich, CGY-low cap hit, but has had a brutal season so far

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

Cammellari, Hemski Boumeester cant be added to this lineup without trading away salary

Next year The B's have a little over 6 million to spend and they have Rask to sign.. Unfortunately the B's need to look for a pure rental.. i still like Jagr!

http://capgeek.com/bruins/

BBB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Bruins need someone who can creat offence and help the pp, no more 3/4 liners. Go big or gamble on the guys you have. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NorthernB's comment:

Cammellari, Hemski Boumeester cant be added to this lineup without trading away salary

Next year The B's have a little over 6 million to spend and they have Rask to sign.. Unfortunately the B's need to look for a pure rental.. i still like Jagr!

http://capgeek.com/bruins/

BBB

Very true, but there is also the whole summer to deal with such issues when/if they arise...

Jagr is a good one...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Forwards:

Dmen:

Whitney, EDM-this is rumoured to be happening (but so was Iginla), obvious deterioration of skills, likely due to his bad ankle

Boumeester, CGY-can eat big minutes but $6.6 million cap hit for next season is a bit excessive

What else is there?

jmwalter's ....I would go after Clowe, Whitney and Hemsky ...but not Cammalerri (not the BRUINS style) ...NEVER JAGR .....not Boum (too expensive) ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

They say Jagr is a great locker room presences. Philly sure misses him thats for sure. I wouldn't mind snagging Jagr for a rental if he can put a couple goals in and bring up the whole moral of the team on and off the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

People need to calm down with the ridiculous comments like it's over now! Pens are cup champions! Chirelli choked! Unelievable! Bruins were the better suited playoff team before the Pitt trades and still right there.  Plenty of much better options will arise and are still possible. the fact remains Boston only needs a another top 6 foward and one more defensmen and they are fine.

Heres just some of the names swirling around and some being a better option than Iginla........... Chris Stewart,  Martin St Louise, Ryan Whitney, Ales Hemsky, Jagr, Kopecky, Riberio, Dubinsky are just some of the names swirling around

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, Ribiero is being shopped by the Caps....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Clowe is just another Horton or Lucic, zero goals this year. Bruins should take a pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

Clowe is just another Horton or Lucic, zero goals this year. Bruins should take a pass.

In past years that comparison would have been considered a complement...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

yeah my coffee tastes the same post Iginla-gate.

just a distraction from the on ice issues.

there's a new bar called "third period". Bruins just cant find it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually, with Clowe he would come relatively cheap and could be an adequete replacement for Horton when Nathan goes for gold come July 1st. I would not complain if PC could somehow land him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

PC will have evaluated others as he always seems to have a plan B

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Forwards:

Dmen:

What else is there?

jmwalter's ....I would go after Clowe, Whitney and Hemsky ...but not Cammalerri (not the BRUINS style) ...NEVER JAGR .....not Boum (too expensive) ...

not cammalleri?  Not bruin style?   

Not surprising he is my first pick.  He scores, plays gritty, smart, speed and performs in the playoffs.  My offer.  1st and peverly.  Peverly has term left as does cammy.  Means horton can walk and hes replaced.  

My next pickup is clowezy OR Talbot.  Revamping my 3rd line. 

Dk/cammy/lucic

bergie line

kelly/horton/talbot  

My biggest concern is defense:  

you wont beat a pitt or montreal with lumbering def.  sarich is just a depth guy who can play some minutes.  Id look to jbo or boyle.  Both keep the puck moving and can skate, pass and keep the play moving fwd.  the fact our backend needed a upgrade prior to the injuries i think we need to grab 2 dmen.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Iginla was Plan B. Plan A was Morrow....we are currently on Plan C.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

In past years that comparison would have been considered a complement...

Playoff guy as well.  When all the big stars are off in san jose clowe is always their best performer.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Yes, Ribiero is being shopped by the Caps....

Ribiero is a scrappy guy. i think he would be a nice fit for the playoffs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not surprising he is my first pick.  He scores, plays gritty, smart, speed and performs in the playoffs.  My offer.  1st and peverly.  Peverly has term left as does cammy.  Means horton can walk and hes replaced.  

Dk/cammy/lucic

bergie line

kelly/horton/talbot  

you wont beat a pitt or montreal with lumbering def.  sarich is just a depth guy who can play some minutes.  Id look to jbo or boyle.  Both keep the puck moving and can skate, pass and keep the play moving fwd.  the fact our backend needed a upgrade prior to the injuries i think we need to grab 2 dmen.  

Good picks. I see PC doing a big trade now to get everything he needs in one shot. So, in my opinion it will likely be one of 3 combos:

1) Whitney/Hemsky

2) Camm/Boumeester

3) Clowe/Boyle

My favorite is #3 because, as I already pointed out, I see Clowe as an eventual replacement for Horton.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Actually, with Clowe he would come relatively cheap and could be an adequete replacement for Horton when Nathan goes for gold come July 1st. I would not complain if PC could somehow land him.

Wilson wants a high end almost ready NHL Dman prospect and a draft pick. Clowe will not come cheap. If Kelly or Peverley have to be bought out for Cammalleri next summer so be it, same goes for Bouwmeester.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Wilson wants a high end almost ready NHL Dman prospect and a draft pick. Clowe will not come cheap. If Kelly or Peverley have to be bought out for Cammalleri next summer so be it, same goes for Bouwmeester.

Bartman perhaps? lol

I get what you are saying but don't consider a Krug and a pick to be so pricey. Full disclosure, I am a big fan of Clowe....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Dk/cammy/lucic

bergie line

kelly/horton/talbot  

Good picks. I see PC doing a big trade now to get everything he needs in one shot. So, in my opinion it will likely be one of 3 combos:

1) Whitney/Hemsky

2) Camm/Boumeester

3) Clowe/Boyle

My favorite is #3 because, as I already pointed out, I see Clowe as an eventual replacement for Horton.

Mine is Cammalleri and then Robidas.  

Cammalleri is signed and a much better option going into the playoffs and as a replacement.  Clowe is a ufa.   SJ would get more dealing them seperately.  But i like your thinking.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Or we could give them peverly.  cut the cost in half.  He replaces hortons money and we have some cap space.  Why calgary would want him.  Hes a center, fairly skilled and they need some nhl players next year.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Iginla was Plan B. Plan A was Morrow....

It is known, well known that Dallas wanted a high end D Prospect for Morrow. Please explain to me how PC failed on Morrow ?