Ott vs. Campbell -- Ott head butts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

Ott vs. Campbell -- Ott head butts?

Check it out for yourself.

The NESN feed shows the start of the fight at an upclose angle.  I didn't see any monster punches from Ott that would warrant that much blood.  So I took another look.  (So much else happened after that, I can understand this getting lost in the shuffle.)  But it looks like Campbell came away bloody by way of a few helmet-to-mouth head butts.

On a scale of one - to - Ott, how grimy of a move is that?  Definitely not in the "unwritten code".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: Ott vs. Campbell -- Ott head butts?

It was a left taped forearm/wrist by Ott that connected on Soups nose.  There were no head butts.  Milbury pointed it out and freeze framed it in between periods.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Ott vs. Campbell -- Ott head butts?:
    [QUOTE]Check it out for yourself. http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/bruins-wild-start-against-dallas-sets-tone-for-memorable-night-at-td-garden.html The NESN feed shows the start of the fight at an upclose angle.  I didn't see any monster punches from Ott that would warrant that  much blood.  So I took another look.  (So much else happened after that, I can understand this getting lost in the shuffle.)  But it looks like Campbell came away bloody by way of a few helmet-to-mouth head butts. On a scale of one - to - Ott , how grimy of a move is that?  Definitely not in the "unwritten code".
    Posted by FerenceONpoint[/QUOTE]

Thats what me and my friends saw. Campbell is clearly bleeding before ott lands anything. Campbell is bleeding immediately after ott hits campbell with his helmet.

Pointed it out in a few threads  nobody else seemed to notice/comment on it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

I don't watch the intermission reports anymore.  I go straight to the NHL network or VERSUS for another game.

Milbury is an absolute dink.  Lately he's doing nothing but making outrageous claims on unpopular opinions in an attempt to rally attention.  He wants to make some big name for himself.  He's a joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It sure looked like the short left hand caught him right in the nose at the beginning to me.  If you've ever been punched directly in the nose, you know that it doesn't take much to make it run like a faucet, even if it isn't broken.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No matter who you are in the NHL if you fight Ott you'd better expect a dirty fight. I don't think you can premeditate a head butt in a hockey fight as much as you can in a boxing match. There might be video of it in the ECHL or IHL but I've not seen much of it in the NHL. I saw Greg get cut with a six inch punch in close and that more than not will draw blood.

Campbell has shown he will stick up for teammates and start a fight to spark the team when down which is admirable. Now lest get to his hockey fighting ability he's terrible he gets his dairy air handed to him in almost all of his fights. He needs to get with Thornton Ristuccia to learn a thing or two because Campbell is much to valuable in his roll.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

When I first saw the fight, my first reaction was that it was a head butt, because it certainly looks that way at the beginning. Ott seems to lead with his helmet as they grab each other. My son and I watched it a couple times in slow motion, even frame by frame, and it turns out that it looked like there wasn't any damage until the Ott left hand that caught Campbell flush. I still think Ott gave Campbell a head butt, but I don't think that's what broke Campbell's nose. Good start to the game though! :-)