Our "Rene Rancourt" performing tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Our "Rene Rancourt" performing tonight!

On a night the Bruins are off and the attention in Boston sports scene are the Patriots there's a touch of Bruins in the air. You're welcomed Mr. Kraft.
    Go Pats!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Weather conditions
    . The temperature is expected to be 30 degrees, according to Weather.com, with a 10 percent chance of precipitation. Winds are projected to be in the 18 mile-per-hour range, which could affect the kicking game.

Green gets the call. Tonight's game will be officiated by referee Scott Green and his crew.

Tedy Bruschi Night.The Patriots are honoring former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi at halftime and the GameDay program being sold at the stadium is being billed as a Bruschi collector's edition.

National anthem. Rene Rancourt, a regular at Boston Bruins games, will perform tonight's national anthem.

Color guard. Pease Air National Guard from New Hampshire.

Overflowing press box. The media corps for this game is so large that the Patriots had to do some creative work to make room in the large press box. In one row, for example, the larger blue chairs have been replaced by smaller chairs and reporters are working in tighter spots than the norm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Our "Rene Rancourt" performing tonight!

those either team have any convicted felons ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

There is no Rene Rancourt.  You are watching a robotic device, pure synthetic fiber over mechanical internal structure, completely programed for the National Anthem and other movement controlled by remote from offstage.  If you don't believe this, ask yourself how he looks and acts exactly the same as he did thirty years ago.....?   Every motion, every grimace, even his degree off key and fake vibrato.....obviously virtual, not real Rene...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

B's should trade him to Philly for their hot little blonde singer!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Our "Rene Rancourt" performing tonight!:
    [QUOTE]There is no Rene Rancourt.  You are watching a robotic device, pure synthetic fiber over mechanical internal structure, completely programed for the National Anthem and other movement controlled by remote from offstage.  If you don't believe this, ask yourself how he looks and acts exactly the same as he did thirty years ago.....?   Every motion, every grimace, even his degree off key and fake vibrato.....obviously virtual, not real Rene...
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

LOL  ClamMan.  Bottom line it worked and pumped the fans last night till Brady just took over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbw413. Show jbw413's posts

The Patriots showed last night why they are the Anti-Bruins. They don't shrink and wilt under the pressure of the big game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots showed last night why they are the Anti-Bruins. They don't shrink and wilt under the pressure of the big game.
    Posted by jbw413[/QUOTE]
    then stick to thugball and go away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, the Pats have never gone to the Super Bowl after a perfect season and blown it.  Wait, did that happen?? 
    Posted by themikeg[/QUOTE]
    At least the Pats are a legit super bowl contender year in and year out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our "Rene Rancourt" performing tonight! : At least the Pats are a legit super bowl contender year in and year out
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

that was EASY  !  Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

If only we could trade pre-game singers.   I found Mr. Rencourt annoying the first time I seen him, and it's only gotten more annoying every time he finishing with that bloody fist pump.

Be nice if we could trade him for the Pat's cheerleaders, if even for a night!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I love Rene Rancourt, but I think that the man's inner metronome is broken.  It is funny to listen as the organist try to catch up or slow down as Rancourt changes tempo several times during the anthem. 

Still, he is a Garden tradition, and it will be a sad day when he is no longer pumping up the crowd with his signature fist pump after the anthem.  As far as the comment that he hasn't aged, I have to disagree.  I almost dread the day that I see him perform in HD.  The toll that aging has taken on Rancourt is apparent in standard definition. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our "Rene Rancourt" performing tonight! : At least the Pats are a legit super bowl contender year in and year out
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    really?When's the last time they won it?Football,like hockey,has one winner and a bunch of losers.seems to me the Bruins have done as well as the Pats in recent years.If nothing else they've performed above expectations rather than below like the Pats.(sorry but I'm a Steelers fan.When I was a kid i cheered for only the Black and Gold teams).