Outplayed, outclassed, out-skated, and all around they are the better team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Outplayed, outclassed, out-skated, and all around they are the better team.

The Hawks got 2 lucky goals. The Bruins were by far the better team. If they keep the same effort, they win this series in 6. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Outplayed, outclassed, out-skated, and all around they are the better team.

I was expecting to see the B's suck, they blew a 3rd period lead. Clever what you did with the title there.

With that being said I agree. If you want to really break it down all of their goals were avoidable. Rookies will cost you a couple games, you just have to hope they don't come in the playoffs... let alone the Stanley Cup final. Just a speed bump there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Last series, the Bruins got the lucky bounces, last night........not so much. Still, they played a great game. Could have easily won it on a few occassions in OT. I'd say the Bruins had the better chances in OT.

Post game interviews were as expected; a little disappointment, but completely confident in winning the next one(s). Get the split, and take home ice advantage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

That's a little over the top Perry ! The Bruins did squander a 2 goal lead in the 3rd. period. That being said, i think they are 2 very evenly matched teams. I'm curious to see how this gut wrenching loss affects the B's moving forward. Overall, happy with the effort.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Oh, and once again......the B's are behind the eight ball statistically speaking. Over 70% of the cup winners take the 1st game in the series. Glad the Bruins don't believe in stats. Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Perry, you are right. I saw the same thing.

The 'Hawks know they are in a fight and they battle. The one who scares me the most is Hossa - that guys is real tough on the puck. It follows him around and he knows what to do with it.

The rest of the Hawks keep buzzing and need lucky bounces and tips. Let's see if they used up their quota for the series. I think they did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Oh, and once again......the B's are behind the eight ball statistically speaking. Over 70% of the cup winners take the 1st game in the series. Glad the Bruins don't believe in stats. Cool

Within the last 3 years the B's win the Cup 100% of the time they lose game 1 of the SCF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

i thought you were referring to Chicago in the headlines because thats how i saw it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

not sure about all of that....

Hawks badly outplayed the Bruins for stretches, especially after Lucic netted his 2nd. Certainly wouldnt say the Bruins had the advantage overall in this game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

That's a little over the top Perry ! The Bruins did squander a 2 goal lead in the 3rd. period. That being said, i think they are 2 very evenly matched teams. I'm curious to see how this gut wrenching loss affects the B's moving forward. Overall, happy with the effort.

well put

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think the question that should be asked here is would Chicago have let up after scoring 2 goals?

I saw a little of the old bi-polar bear last night.  The Bruins made it tougher on themselves than it needed to be last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to mattymcgee55's comment:

not sure about all of that....

Hawks badly outplayed the Bruins for stretches, especially after Lucic netted his 2nd. Certainly wouldnt say the Bruins had the advantage overall in this game. 

Chicago is a very good team, and they will have stretches where they control the game. But they had so few good scoring chances on their part, I was rarely worried. Rask made many saves, but few were really tough. (maybe more a tribute to Rask and how good he is) I saw the Bruins have so many more really great scoring chances. Especially in OT. 

The goal off Ference's skate was a total fluke goal. The shot was going to miss the net by 2 feet. The OT goal was a double deflection. Come on, your going to say that it was close? 

Maybe you all need to join the other side. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

I felt they didn't bear down (no pun intended) after they got their goals to take the lead. I was shocked they allowed the 2 goals so quickly after going up 3-1.  For whatever reason, in most series, this team gets out of the blocks somewhat inconsistently. They played mostly a good road game, but it's those one or two breakdowns that can get you.

It's really a shame Krug made the decision he did, but I also felt the last 2 Hawks' goals were just complete luck. 

From a positional standpoint overall, I think the B's did pretty well considering how lethal the talent is up front.  Toews, Sharp and Hossa didn't get many great looks at all, which bodes well.

B's had numerous chances to win that thing in all 3 of the OTs.  Now, time to get a split.  

Another screen name?

How many times have you been banned since Tebow was signed?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Perry, you are right. I saw the same thing.

The 'Hawks know they are in a fight and they battle. The one who scares me the most is Hossa - that guys is real tough on the puck. It follows him around and he knows what to do with it.

The rest of the Hawks keep buzzing and need lucky bounces and tips. Let's see if they used up their quota for the series. I think they did.

So there are other Bruins fans here. :-)

I agree about Hossa. Man is he good. Big, strong, tough, plays both ends, can shoot, can skate, can body check, can read the play, can pass...etc, etc, etc. Best player on the ice after Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Chara, Rask, Seidenburg.... Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Its still anyone's series to win. If Horton is actually gone then Sequin really needs to step up. An assist in game 1 is a start. But the loss of Campbell is a bigger hole than most people figure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I thought it we gonna be a fake perry.  If someone makes a fake shuperman and titles it "why is ST in the left wing corner on dzone coverage while leading 3-2 in the scf". i am ok with this.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I thought it we gonna be a fake perry.  If someone makes a fake shuperman and titles it "why is ST in the left wing corner on dzone coverage while leading 3-2 in the scf". i am ok with this.  

He was useless last night. I personally see no reason for him to be in lineup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Great point about bounces-pens got NONE last week. Yeah the second goal seemed to wake up the fauxhawks.

ending threads since '07

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He isn't the player he was against Vancouver 2 yrs ago. Surely there must be a better option for CJ to go with. I have not seen him do anything dumb, but I haven't seen anything that stands out positively either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He isn't the player he was against Vancouver 2 yrs ago. Surely there must be a better option for CJ to go with. I have not seen him do anything dumb, but I haven't seen anything that stands out positively either.

[/QUOTE]

He was just too slow literally and with his decision making. There is nobody on the Hawks that will bother to fight him so I can't see any positive in having him in the lineup. He was just running around out there last night and not accomplishing anything. Stats say he had 2 hits. I can't remember them though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

The Hawks got 2 lucky goals. The Bruins were by far the better team. If they keep the same effort, they win this series in 6. 

Ireally don't think Bruins were far better team.The ice was tilted in their end all night.They had more iceing then a birthday cake.Way to much panicking and had trouble all night keeping the puck.The blackhawks were lucky but the flow of the game was on their side.Few bright spots 5on3 was great job by Bruins a few good scoring chances. Must do much better. Go Bruins , Take some of that 5 hour energy drink before the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Another screen name?

How many times have you been banned since Tebow was signed ?

Or how many Pat fans have him on ignore LoL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No panic here. B's lose Horton and can't play Thornton that much and it still took 3 overtimes and a double deflection to beat the B's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

No panic here. B's lose Horton and can't play Thornton that much and it still took 3 overtimes and a double deflection to beat the B's.

I agree.  Although they did have a little bit of a lull in their game after going up 3-1.  Overall i think they're fine.  Now if only the 3rd line can start to chip in so this series can be over in 6.