Ovechkin skips All-Star game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ovechkin skips All-Star game

Obviously sending a message that he is unhappy with his suspension. No Crosby, No ovechkin at the All-Star festivities, NHL can't be too happy about this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game

His suspension should include the All-Start events as well since they coincide with his suspension. Frankly, I'm surprised the NHL gave him the option to participate in the events.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game:
    [QUOTE]His suspension should include the All-Start events as well since they coincide with his suspension. Frankly, I'm surprised the NHL gave him the option to participate in the events.
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

The NHL needs him there. NHL brass likes to trot around the big wigs from their biggest sponsors, I assure you Ovies schedule was full for the weekend as far as appearances, handshakes, photo opps etc..This is him stating he thinks the suspension is unfair, I happen to agree with him on this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't really blame him.  That hit was probably a penalty, but why is every illegal hit a suspension now.  Three games no less!?  It was certainly less dirty than Sestito's hit.

Shanahan is losing me fast...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really blame him.  That hit was probably a penalty, but why is every illegal hit a suspension now.  Three games no less!?  It was certainly less dirty than Sestito's hit. Shanahan is losing me fast...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Actually if you watched the dicipline video of O's hit, you would know why he got suspended.  

It was a good call by the league.  I disagree that Sestito was not diciplined. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game : Actually if you watched the dicipline video of O's hit, you would know why he got suspended.   http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60 It was a good call by the league.  I disagree that Sestito was not diciplined. 
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Good explanation by Shanny. After watching that I say good call also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game : Actually if you watched the dicipline video of O's hit, you would know why he got suspended.   http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60 It was a good call by the league.  I disagree that Sestito was not diciplined. 
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

I watched it, I know he left his feet and I know that is illegal.  Still think it is more of a one-gamer.  I see a lot of worse hits go unpunished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game : I watched it, I know he left his feet and I know that is illegal.  Still think it is more of a one-gamer.  I see a lot of worse hits go unpunished.

I'm thinking the fact he's a repeat offender and he leaves his feet constantly on checks (yes, I see you too Kronwall), were factors here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game : I'm thinking the fact he's a repeat offender and he leaves his feet constantly on checks (yes, I see you too Kronwall), were factors here.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

i saw an interview on nhl network where he said he shouldn't have been suspended.  so i guess, he'll continue to leave his feet and continue to get suspended.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

so it's okay for ovie to skip things but not timmy?  you girls are hypocrites.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]so it's okay for ovie to skip things but not timmy?  you girls are hypocrites.   
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

Ovie is mad about something 100% hockey related. I understand why he is doing this, wether I agree with it or not, which I do, you could make the case that he is letting fans down who want to see him play and even paid to see him play. Anyways it's a great hockey related debate, which is why most of us come on here for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Shame on OV! Yes, you made a statement to the NHL, but you disappointed hockey fans and your own fans even more. Selfish, selfish, selfish! What is it with the off ice disappointments these days?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really blame him.  That hit was probably a penalty, but why is every illegal hit a suspension now.  Three games no less!?  It was certainly less dirty than Sestito's hit. Shanahan is losing me fast...

This should be a title for a thread.  Not every hit should be a suspension.  Its stupid.  The hits that are no brainers are getting one game.I think Ovi was worried he would get picked last. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm a Ovie fan....wish he was there.  But I never watch the ASG anyway. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]so it's okay for ovie to skip things but not timmy?  you girls are hypocrites.   

There is no possible way that you don't understand the differences...unless I am grossly overestimating you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The way i look at it, leaving your feet should be worthy of a penalty, not a suspension, particularly when their is no head shot,injury etc..Just leaving your feet to throw a check is worth 3 games??? I wish he were attending the ASG and I know its an FU to them, but I feel he is right here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]The way i look at it, leaving your feet should be worthy of a penalty, not a suspension, particularly when their is no head shot,injury etc..Just leaving your feet to throw a check is worth 3 games??? I wish he were attending the ASG and I know its an FU to them, but I feel he is right here.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I think.  I know leaving your feet can be dangerous and really hurt someone, but that one wasn't really that bad.  Looked like Ovie wanted to finish his check, but just made the mistake of leaving his feet.  Yeah, it's illegal but it seems like the margin between 'clean hit' and 3 game suspension is terribly thin. I like the options of 2-minute penalty, 5-minute penalty, 1-game suspension, 2-game suspension, and so on.

I thought Ference's boarding call could easily have been just a 5-minute major, or perhaps a 1-game suspension.  Clearly not intentional, etc.  But no.  3 game suspension.  Seems like way too much after McDonough comes out a says that their skates clipped each other and that was the cause of it.  He put no blame on Ference at all.

I would just like to see the 3, 5 and 10 game suspensions saved for things that are actually dirty, and not just a guy who's trying to compete and crosses the line and makes a mistake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I know Shanny has a tough job and i used to think he did a good job. Now I think I just see too much of him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Are all of the rest of Ovie's Caps teammates going to be there? I wouldn't care if TT or any of the Bruins skipped the All Star game. Not even a bit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game : Are all of the rest of Ovie's Caps teammates going to be there? I wouldn't care if TT or any of the Bruins skipped the All Star game. Not even a bit.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

True, how many Pro Bowls has Tom Brady skipped? Not one complaint.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The NHL All-Star game is usually in a freezing cold northern city in the middle of the season plenty of reasons to skip the game. The NFL Pro Bowl is after the season is over and usually in Hawaii (or another very warm fun place) so I can't really see why their would be a complaint from Tom or any other NFL player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ovechkin skips All-Star game : True, how many Pro Bowls has Tom Brady skipped? Not one complaint.
    I dread the idea of TT getting a shot on the inside of the knee during the game. From the time he goes in, I can't wait for him to come back out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]I would just like to see the 3, 5 and 10 game suspensions saved for things that are actually dirty, and not just a guy who's trying to compete and crosses the line and makes a mistake.

He's not just a guy that mistakingly crossed the line.  He does stuff like this on a regular basis.  I have no problem with the suspension.  He left his feet to make contact with the head.  One of many undisciplined hits from him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I know Shanny has a tough job and i used to think he did a good job. Now I think I just see too much of him.

Something stinks ! Not to harp on this but ever since the Lucic-Miller event things changed,  right after the GM meetings.
    Is he puppet to someone else ?  No .  Has he been influenced ? Yes.
    It's disappointing since he started well , with good intentions.  I hope he/they re-align themselves.