P Bruins success as of late ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

P Bruins success as of late ?

I'm not big on just reading boxscores for thoughts on how players and teams are playing. But it's the only indicator I can get about this team. Info on them is scarce. No stories. Their website isn't very good. And I haven't watched them.

My thoughts regarding their success as of late is that they're doing it with team play not relying on any one individual to lead the way. Different players scoring and goalies being rotated . And it seems they're winning in low scoring games. Some that have been going to shootouts.

For those in the know, is the perception of an averaged talented team that is grinding their way to wins correct ? Or are they just a bad team that is going through a hot spell as of late ?

Oh, and still no Jared Knight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: P Bruins success as of late ?

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings&subType=1&leagueId=4&lastActive=&singleSeason=&confId=0

Good question and there is reason for it. If you look at the standings the P-Bruins they are in an ok spot 8 points out of 1st place. Looks are decieving though, 50 damn goals this season compared to the teams around them; 82, 65, 72 etc.

Cassidy knows he is not going to get any help from Chiarelli at this point becuase the P-Bruins would be in the playoffs if it started today. Cassidy put Tardif with Spooner after Sauve's injury moving Caron down. It has worked for the top line Tardif n Spooner have great chemistry, Caron and Sauve do not. I think Cassidy hasn't put Sauve back with Bourque (great chemistry there) is becuase he wants Cunningham to get his game going with Caron.

Cassidy also knows that he has got a real good goalie in Svedberg but becuase the P-Bruins take allot of doopid penalties, I'm speaking to you Robins, Cohen, MacDermind, Sauve, Hanson and Tradif, Svedberg is left out to dry at times.

Over this recent run of there's I have noticed something the blueline wasn't doing when I saw them over the holidays, The defense is getting involved in the offensive play. Bartkowski, Warsofsky and Krug have all scored recently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings&subType=1&leagueId=4&lastActive=&singleSeason=&confId=0

Good question and there is reason for it. If you look at the standings the P-Bruins they are in an ok spot 8 points out of 1st place. Looks are decieving though, 50 damn goals this season compared to the teams around them; 82, 65, 72 etc.

Cassidy knows he is not going to get any help from Chiarelli at this point becuase the P-Bruins would be in the playoffs if it started today. Cassidy put Tardif with Spooner after Sauve's injury moving Caron down. It has worked for the top line Tardif n Spooner have great chemistry, Caron and Sauve do not. I think Cassidy hasn't put Sauve back with Bourque (great chemistry there) is becuase he wants Cunningham to get his game going with Caron.

Cassidy also knows that he has got a real good goalie in Svedberg but becuase the P-Bruins take allot of doopid penalties, I'm speaking to you Robins, Cohen, MacDermind, Sauve, Hanson and Tradif, Svedberg is left out to dry at times.

Over this recent run of there's I have noticed something the blueline wasn't doing when I saw them over the holidays, The defense is getting involved in the offensive play. Bartkowski, Warsofsky and Krug have all scored recently.

[/QUOTE]

If I look at the standings I also see they are a win away from being at the top of their division and in third place in the conference. They do hold a game in hand.

If I look at the stats I'll also see that their goals against is very good compared to other teams.

That's if I wanted to look at the standings and stats. I don't.

Thanks for the Providence play by play regarding line combos and doopid (?) penalties. It was informative. But it didn't answer my questions which were :

For those in the know, is the perception of an averaged talented team that is grinding their way to wins correct ? Or are they just a bad team that is going through a hot spell as of late ?

P.S. Isn't copy and paste great ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I haven't watched enough games to answer the last question. The only other information I could add is a friend that played at Providence College n now works for the ABC affiliate in Providence said "Spooner, Sauve and Trotman are the only players that have the talent that could translate to the NHL."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

[QUOTE]

I haven't watched enough games to answer the last question. The only other information I could add is a friend that played at Providence College n now works for the ABC affiliate in Providence said "Spooner, Sauve and Trotman are the only players that have the talent that could translate to the NHL."

[/QUOTE]

i think they are playing the claude julian tight system.. defense first so if there called up they will fit in on the big team. and that keeps there offense stats down, anyone notice how well zack hamill is doing in hershey??  

as for talent

spooner

caron

sauve i really like him if could stay healthy  big 6' 2  super fast  left wing  just what the b's need  he should be what pouliott wasn't

don't know about the d men  krug  small warsofsky  smaller ,   trotman  maybe  cross is back up also  just depth players

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder what your friend thinks about Svedberg, he's been pretty decent so far this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:[QUOTE] In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]I haven't watched enough games to answer the last question. The only other information I could add is a friend that played at Providence College n now works for the ABC affiliate in Providence said "Spooner, Sauve and Trotman are the only players that have the talent that could translate to the NHL."

[/QUOTE] I wonder what your friend thinks about Svedberg, he's been pretty decent so far this season. [/QUOTE]

He is 9th in the AHL right now, three goalies ahead of him have a worse save% than .921. Personaly I think if it weren't for Svedberg the P-Bruins wouldn't be in playoff contention. I haven't seen as much as i've seen Khudobin and my friend hates goalies, says they are querky wierdos like left handed pitchers. So I can't ask him lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I haven't seen any games, but based on the stat lines it looks pretty dissapointing. Through 22 games Caron has a whoping 7 points, and Tardiff is the leading goal scorer by a long shot. Is Jared Knight injured?

Svedberg seems to be doing all right?

They play in Portland during break, definitely going to try and get to that game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, lefties are nuts.

If I'm in marketing with the P-Bruins, this is a depressing thread.  Every one of the posts begins "although I haven't seen a game..." even though the request was for someone with eyeballs on the product to confirm what you can intuit from the box.  Maybe if we ask a population of crickets?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Since they brooked a 6-0 thrashing at the hands of the St. John’s IceCaps on Nov. 25, the Providence Bruins have percolated a six-game unbeaten streak (5-0-1), allowing no more and no fewer than two opposing goals per night.

Since dropping to 2-5-0 on the year with their third straight regulation loss back on Nov. 2, the Baby B's have gone 10-3-2.

Since finishing the first quarter of the 76-game schedule out of the Calder Cup playoff picture before this past weekend's action, the P-Bruins have suddenly ascended to sixth place in the AHL’s Eastern Conference.

Choose from any one of those angles or customize your own. It quite literally does not matter.

As the Boston Bruins continue to see their season melt away, their child club is simply jelling and the collective fanbase might as well take notice to fill its harrowingly growing hockey void.

On the heels of a third straight postseason no-show and a series of offseason acquisitions, the P-Bruins are promising to ensure some sort of spring hockey in the black and gold family, even if their parents end up deprived of such an opportunity in 2013.

The four topmost trends favoring Providence that have been burgeoning in the dusk of autumn are as follows.

1. Moving On with Missing Pieces

Garnet Exelby, the elder statesman of the blue line who has flaunted exemplary efficiency when available, has sat out all but one of the last 10 games with a groin injury. It does not help much to know that sophomore Kevan Miller has not been available in recent weeks to try to build on his plus-20 rookie season.

Yet in Exelby’s absence, Matt Bartkowski has stepped up as the de facto successor as the defensive leader and the P-Bruins have gone 6-2-1.

Trent Whitfield, the captain and elder statesman of the forwards, has been out of commission since the final weekend of October. Would-be leaned-on rookie Jared Knight has also been on the sidelines since opening weekend while reigning top point-getter Carter Camper has not dressed since the last game before Thanksgiving.

Yet rather than stall until Whitfield’s uncertain return the way they did in 2010-11, the Bruins have reaped rewards from other veterans, particularly Chris Bourque and Jamie Tardif.

2. Points from the Point

Frostbitten throughout October and November, much of the Providence defense has thawed out its confidence in the attacking zone.

David Warsofsky has as much output to his credit (one goal, two assists) in the last six outings as he had over his previous 14. Zach Trotman has tripled his total points from two to six, scored his first goal of the season and succeeded Exelby as the club’s plus/minus leader since the team returned from Newfoundland.

Bartkowski and Torey Krug have likewise tallied their first goals in that span. Bartkowski has four total points this month along with an all-around irreproachable chemistry formula with call-up Tommy Cross.

3. A Better Backup Plan

Much like the collective defense with its shooting and playmaking, Michael Hutchinson need not look back after breaking his ice in key columns. The third-year professional netminder was new import Niklas Svedberg’s utter opposite early on, falling short in each of his first five appearances with shoddy stats on each night.

Each of the last two Saturdays, though, he has won a pair of away games with only two goals against and a save percentage exceeding .920.

The arrangement has allowed Svedberg to sandwich a rest night with an active Friday evening and Sunday afternoon. Hutchinson’s colleague has collected seven of his last eight possible points.

Contrast that with mid-November, when head coach Bruce Cassidy was implicitly compelled to ride his hot hand three straight days and watched Svedberg all but inevitably implode in a 6-2 letdown against Bridgeport.

4. Battling to the Buzzer

Assuming these past two weeks are the harbinger of a permanent U-turn, the nadir of the P-Bruins' season shall be their most recent regulation loss—namely, the 6-0 throttling on Nov. 25.

Recall that it was only 1-0 at the conclusion of the first period and a still surmountable 2-0 at the second intermission. The Bruins only began to unravel when Bobby Robins took a first-minute penalty and watched the deficit swell to three in the pivotal young moments of the closing frame.

Since then, Providence has authorized a one-goal deficit on seven occasions and trailed by a goal after the first period three times and once after 40 minutes. The lifespan of those deficits have ranged from less than two minutes of play to more than 31 minutes, but none have increased to two and none have lived through the end of regulation.

At some point in the next 54 games, the P-Bruins will suffer another vinegary outing with no gains in the point column. But they have fostered the right habits and collected the right collateral of confidence to prevent those future setbacks from breaking them"

This is from a writer who goes to all the home games...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

P Bruins win with a barrage ( for them ) of 6 goals.........and still no Jared Knight. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6390&teamcode=PRO

Spooner showing off his speed at 1:42, Shortly after Caron gets in a fight and Tardif, who is en fuego right now, finishes off the night with a hat trick. Whatever the pre game meal is now down at the Dunk, keep on serving it.

Knight returns

Jared Knight, who hasn't played in two months because of a hamstring pull, is back on the ice. He skated last week, but was not yet ready to practice with the team. The rookie winger has played in only two games, the last on Oct. 13. "

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6390&teamcode=PRO

Spooner showing off his speed at 1:42, Shortly after Caron gets in a fight and Tardif, who is en fuego right now, finishes off the night with a hat trick. Whatever the pre game meal is now down at the Dunk, keep on serving it.

Knight returns

Jared Knight, who hasn’t played in two months because of a hamstring pull, is back on the ice. He skated last week, but was not yet ready to practice with the team. The rookie winger has played in only two games, the last on Oct. 13. "

[/QUOTE]

FINALLY !  Chowdah is killing me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]   Knight returns

Jared Knight, who hasn'™t played in two months because of a hamstring pull, is back on the ice. He skated last week, but was not yet ready to practice with the team. The rookie winger has played in only two games, the last on Oct. 13. " [/QUOTE]

FINALLY !  Chowdah is killing me [/QUOTE]

P-Bruins are in 1st place in the division now after having earned 13 of a possible 14 points during a 6-0-1 streak.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:[QUOTE] In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]I haven't watched enough games to answer the last question. The only other information I could add is a friend that played at Providence College n now works for the ABC affiliate in Providence said "Spooner, Sauve and Trotman are the only players that have the talent that could translate to the NHL."

[/QUOTE] I wonder what your friend thinks about Svedberg, he's been pretty decent so far this season. [/QUOTE]

He is 9th in the AHL right now, three goalies ahead of him have a worse save% than .921. Personaly I think if it weren't for Svedberg the P-Bruins wouldn't be in playoff contention. I haven't seen as much as i've seen Khudobin and my friend hates goalies, says they are querky wierdos like left handed pitchers. So I can't ask him lol

[/QUOTE]
    Ask your friend if it helped that I threw right handed when I pitched? ;-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Holy crap. P Bruins are on fire........................and Jared Knight, where art thou ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE] He is 9th in the AHL right now, three goalies ahead of him have a worse save% than .921. Personaly I think if it weren't for Svedberg the P-Bruins wouldn't be in playoff contention. I haven't seen as much as i've seen Khudobin and my friend hates goalies, says they are querky wierdos like left handed pitchers. So I can't ask him lol

[/QUOTE] Ask your friend if it helped that I threw right handed when I pitched? ;-) [/QUOTE]

I'm a lefty in basketball and hockey but throw a baseball n football with my right, so that should explain allot nite :D

PS. Hutchinson with a nice night in net last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Their hot play ends . Shutout yesterday...........no JK.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

How about this. I write righty, throw a ball lefty, bat righty, kick righty, golf righty, hockey lefty, lacrosse lefty, tennis either hand and catch either hand?

Anyhow, Chowda, seriously the PB's got shutout? No joke?

See what I did there?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

P Bruins on another streak again. Lose their 2nd in a row...............Oh, and Spooner joins you know who on the didn't play list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chippy game, too. Worcester's Frazer McLaren with 27 minutes.  Must have gone off-side.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

P Bruins win. Injury report the same as above.