Pacioretty headhunting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Pacioretty headhunting

I'm sure Hab fans will defend this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ZoP5uGFzM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Pacioretty headhunting

yeah shoulders dont bleed.

No response from the pens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Unbelievably ~ Letang scored the winning goal !!!

This should be a fun thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBBFAN55. Show BBBFAN55's posts

No Penalty! At least Chara got a penalty for his hit on Pacioretty. Another glaring example of the inconsistentcy and incompetence of the vast majority of NHL officials

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Maxx will probably tweet how cool the hit was tomorrow while at a movie. Shanahan will strike then Shab fans will call the police for Brendan to be arrested next time he's in town....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting:[QUOTE]Unbelievably ~ Letang scored the winning goal !!!  Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

And broke Price's stick with a wrist shot earlier what a night!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i'll talk to a couple habs fans tomorrow. guarantee you they will say it was just a clean hit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thought the whistle should have blown the puck dead on the Letang goal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Patch should have gotten a major penalty and the habs got boned on the winning goal.  I guess justice prevailed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Looked like Paille's hit from last year where he was suspended. And has Cooke really turned a corner? He was on the ice and nothing happened. Not saying he is a tough guy but nothing? Letang is tough as nails. Don't think there should be a suspension. It's just a hockey play that happens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Any talk of Air Canada or Via Rail pulling their sponsorship ? Just wondering. Maybe the Prime Minister will make a statement . At the very least i hope there's a rally outside the Bell Center making a stand against hockey violence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

more b.s. from Les Happenins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

it'll get a 3 game suspension, no question about it. I can't wait to hear the public outcry...."you mean you didn't suspend chara but you suspend patches?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Had a nice exchange with some Habs fans on a different board. All I got from it was "Dr. Recchi."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hard to argue that head wasn't principle point of contact when Letang is leaking all of the ice.

I just feel bad for the Montreal police who I am sure had to field hundreds of 911 calls for the immediate arrest of Max Patch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

In Response to Pacioretty headhunting:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure Hab fans will defend this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ZoP5uGFzM
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Fans will defend it but a number of the media guys immediate reaction afterwards was that it warrants a suspension.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Also interesting that there is no call on the play...

Wondering if a 3-3 tie in the third period with just over 3 minutes to play in Montreal had anything to do with that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Its Montreal, what do you expect?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting:
    [QUOTE]Also interesting that there is no call on the play... Wondering if a 3-3 tie in the third period with just over 3 minutes to play in Montreal had anything to do with that?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Crowls, that was a brutal non-call. I'd love to hear the explanation for the fact that 4 officials missed it. That call could've been made by a linesman since a major penalty would've been the right call to make. It's very similar to the hit Paille got 4 games for. Interested to see what Patches will get since he'll be considered a repeat offender.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : Crowls, that was a brutal non-call. I'd love to hear the explanation for the fact that 4 officials missed it. That call could've been made by a linesman since a major penalty would've been the right call to make. It's very similar to the hit Paille got 4 games for. Interested to see what Patches will get since he'll be considered a repeat offender.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

See my comments in the NHL Officiating thread, brutally inconsistant, here is another example.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : See my comments in the NHL Officiating thread, brutally inconsistant, here is another example.
    I'd like to hear from some officials after these types of games. In baseball for example, if a guy blows a call you'll see him doing interviews after the game. One way or the other, he at least will try to explain himself. It would seem as if there is no level of accountabilty with NHL officials. The NHL's director of officiating should call these guys to the carpet. Gregson should demand an explanation as to how 4 guys viewed the hit to be clean. In defense of the linesmen, I'm sure they expected the refs to make the call and once they didn't, they felt they couldn't over-rule them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantown28. Show Beantown28's posts

So funny to read your comments.. if chara did'nt get a suspension why would he ? be coherent , if i remember correctly when Max was hit par Chara he did'nt have the puck..but Letang did, there's a huge difference between those two hits!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]So funny to read your comments.. if chara did'nt get a suspension why would he ? be coherent , if i remember correctly when Max was hit par Chara he did'nt have the puck..but Letang did, there's a huge difference between those two hits!
    Posted by Beantown28[/QUOTE]

Puck possession determines supplemental discipline? 

The biggest difference is that Shanahan is now in charge and he is suspending players left and right.  Doesn't look good for Max Patch on this one.

How did this game turn-out anyway?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : Puck possession determines supplemental discipline?  The biggest difference is that Shanahan is now in charge and he is suspending players left and right.  Doesn't look good for Max Patch on this one. How did this game turn-out anyway?
    Letang with the OT winner.
    BTW, Beantown28=Cactus

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

Terrible non-call. Gotta be a suspension. LeTang CLEARLY wasn't wearing goalie pads!