Pacioretty headhunting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Pacioretty headhunting

Miracle Max deserves the exact same thing Paille got.  And just to remind the Habs fans, there was hardly a single complaint here when Paille got suspended.  Bruins fans can accept that NHL rules on head hits apply to their players also.  The emos in Montreal are the least objective, most emotional fans in the NHL.  As others have mentioned, when you watch a game in Montreal all you hear is the constant gasping, booing, and crying out from the crowd at every turn. 

It's like a 12-year old girl on a rollercoaster, x 19,000.

Any good movie recommendations for Patches during his timeout?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Amen Fletch:

He can watch "My idiot Brother"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Habs got away with the no penalty call then got ripped off on the Tang goal which probably should have been blown dead. Prediction is that MaxiPad gets 2 or 3 game suspension. Wonder if any post game burning vehicles as a result of no whistle on the phantom Price puck freeze? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting:
    [QUOTE]Amen Fletch: He can watch "My idiot Brother"
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    I'd recommend it. Lots of laughs.....
    "just 2 guys and a dog making candles.......how cliche` is that?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricRGreen. Show EricRGreen's posts

hey guys,
    I am going to admit I am a Habs fan. Before everyone goes on a "troll" rant, hear me out. I am one of the guys calling for a suspension on Pacioretty. I do believe this is the type of hit the league is trying to eradicate from the game. I am going to leave all the "did he turn", "did he lean in", "did he see Max coming" stuff to the league and Shanny. As I was reading this thread, I just want argue some of the things that I read in some of the comments. A majority of people who comment here are not objective (as was said in one of the comments). Most peopel have admittedly said they have allegiances to the home team (Bruins) in the past. To view the stupidity of some of the other threads proves my point. Don't get me wrong, it is the same thing on the Montreal sites, the Toronto sites, the Penguins sites so come off all your high horses in regards to objectivity. Another thing I have noticed is that people on here are preaching for the need to get these types of hits out of the game, countless times I have been on these threads and was appalled by so many people here advocating for the hurting or maiming of another player. Whether sarcastic or not, this is the internet so sacrcasm is impossible to detect. I'm just saying it how I see it and am not just saying this happens solely on Bruins threads. Take it for what it is and enjoy your 11 wins in 12 games (I think).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]hey guys, I am going to admit I am a Habs fan. Before everyone goes on a "troll" rant, hear me out. I am one of the guys calling for a suspension on Pacioretty. I do believe this is the type of hit the league is trying to eradicate from the game. I am going to leave all the "did he turn", "did he lean in", "did he see Max coming" stuff to the league and Shanny. As I was reading this thread, I just want argue some of the things that I read in some of the comments. A majority of people who comment here are not objective (as was said in one of the comments). Most peopel have admittedly said they have allegiances to the home team (Bruins) in the past. To view the stupidity of some of the other threads proves my point. Don't get me wrong, it is the same thing on the Montreal sites, the Toronto sites, the Penguins sites so come off all your high horses in regards to objectivity. Another thing I have noticed is that people on here are preaching for the need to get these types of hits out of the game, countless times I have been on these threads and was appalled by so many people here advocating for the hurting or maiming of another player. Whether sarcastic or not, this is the internet so sacrcasm is impossible to detect. I'm just saying it how I see it and am not just saying this happens solely on Bruins threads. Take it for what it is and enjoy your 11 wins in 12 games (I think).
    Posted by EricRGreen[/QUOTE]
    Eric, if you visit here often enough you'll see that Habs fans are welcome here provided they want to truly just talk hockey. The post you've written tells me you shouldn't have many problems here. For the record, I know I'm not totally objective(but I try to be).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe not late but blindside and hits the head.
    I wonder what Cooke said to Letang?
    I doubt Pacioretty gets away with this one.  He did last season  when he hit from behind an Islander and bloodied him also.
    This is a Penguin they hit,  there will be a suspension.

I missed the controversial goal Letang scored in OT . Karma is a biatch HEY PRICE ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantown28. Show Beantown28's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe not late but blindside and hits the head. I wonder what Cooke said to Letang? I doubt Pacioretty gets away with this one.  He did last season  when he hit from behind an Islander and bloodied him also. This is a Penguin they hit,  there will be a suspension. I missed the controversial goal Letang scored in OT . Karma is a biatch HEY PRICE ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE

Sorry but Price won't reply LMAO, he does'nt even know you're breathing...! Breathing is your only defect :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting:[QUOTE]I do believe this is the type of hit the league is trying to eradicate from the game. I am going to leave all the "did he turn", "did he lean in", "did he see Max coming" stuff to the league and Shanny. As I was reading this thread, I just want argue some of the things that I read in some of the comments. A majority of people who comment here are not objective (as was said in one of the comments). To view the stupidity of some of the other threads proves my point. Another thing I have noticed is that people on here are preaching for the need to get these types of hits out of the game, countless times I have been on these threads and was appalled by so many people here advocating for the hurting or maiming of another player. Posted by EricRGreen[/QUOTE]

I think you would have seen on here that a bigger majority of Bruins posters agreed with the Paille, Marchand suspensions and would not have been in total shock with supplemental suspensions on Lucic or Chara last year.

You have to remember the bitterness that Bruins fans have when thinking about Cam Neely and Marc Savard's careers (when was the last time an opponent of the Canadiens were allowed to end a Habs career ?). So in order for a fan of another team to really look objectively at the Bruins fans posts that bitterness is still there when another NHL cities fans point their venom towards Boston.

Here is some more objectiveness on Pacioretty, He's a repeat offender so he was warned already and Air Canada isn't looking to pull their sponsorship because of last nights viscous ILLEGAL hit. Hypocrisy is the problem most Boston Bruins have with Penquin n Canadien fans that is where you are a miss me thinks.

Please comeback BDC needs more fans from other teams that want to actually talk hockey Cheers! Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : Eric, if you visit here often enough you'll see that Habs fans are welcome here provided they want to truly just talk hockey. The post you've written tells me you shouldn't have many problems here. For the record, I know I'm not totally objective(but I try to be).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That one made me laugh dez.  Thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : That one made me laugh dez.  Thanks.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    I thought it might since I don't try that hard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantown28. Show Beantown28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : Eric, if you visit here often enough you'll see that Habs fans are welcome here provided they want to truly just talk hockey. The post you've written tells me you shouldn't have many problems here. For the record, I know I'm not totally objective(but I try to be).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    So untrue and hypocrite

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I could swear somebody was saying something.....but nope, it was nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Boston Bruins Diplomacy Alive and well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : That was my thought Crowls.   Are there any more biased fans anywhere than Canadiens fans?  Everytime a Hab players falls they think there should be a penalty.  Boooooooooo!!!  Another Canadian city that is supposed to understand the game but it doesn't seem that is the case.  Just like with Toronto fans, I am told it is because they are passionate.  I guess the new definition of passionate is stupid.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Vancouver is pretty close, and not surprisingly, the few people I know from Vancouver sound disturbingly like Montreal people.  I even had a Canuck fan refer to "Dr Recchi" to me.

I dont think TO fans are anything like it.  They may be biased and obnoxious (Like OUR fans) but Van and Mont fans are a very special cocktail of whiny and stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think it's a tough call.  It looked to me like Letang was looking right at Pacioretty before he took the shot, so it's hard to call it a blind-side hit.  Also, the follow-through of the shot put his head in a dangerous place right before Pacioretty got there.  If there's no suspension, you can bet Shanahan will cite that as part of the reason.

At the same time, awareness that hits to the heads of guys that are vulnerable can result in serious injury is what the NHL is trying to improve.  I would not call it dirty or head-hunting, but possibly reckless.  If there's a suspension, I doubt it will be much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's a tough call.  It looked to me like Letang was looking right at Pacioretty before he took the shot, so it's hard to call it a blind-side hit.  Also, the follow-through of the shot put his head in a dangerous place right before Pacioretty got there.  If there's no suspension, you can bet Shanahan will cite that as part of the reason. At the same time, awareness that hits to the heads of guys that are vulnerable can result in serious injury is what the NHL is trying to improve.  I would not call it dirty or head-hunting, but possibly reckless.  If there's a suspension, I doubt it will be much.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement and Pacioretty at this point couldn't avoid him.
    The question is was it blindside ?  if it's deemed blindside then he'll get maybe 2 games or just 1.
    Either way whatever the decision will be I'll be fine with it.

On another note I love how some of the fans keep comparing this with the Chara hit.  Really nothing in common.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

in my opinion it was more blindside than anything. same as the paille hit. he skates laterally across the ice, and hits letang without letang ever seeing him coming. this is a textbook blindside hit. plain and simple. i don't think he "targeted" the head, but contact was made do to the position letang put himself in.  if paille deserved a suspension(he most definitely did), then so does letang. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's a tough call.  It looked to me like Letang was looking right at Pacioretty before he took the shot, so it's hard to call it a blind-side hit.  Also, the follow-through of the shot put his head in a dangerous place right before Pacioretty got there.  If there's no suspension, you can bet Shanahan will cite that as part of the reason.
    At the same time, awareness that hits to the heads of guys that are vulnerable can result in serious injury is what the NHL is trying to improve.  I would not call it dirty or head-hunting, but possibly reckless.  If there's a suspension, I doubt it will be much.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

The good Doctor, always the voice of reason. If there is a supension (and I don't think it would be more than a game or two tops, if at all, maybe a fine), I trust Shanny to call it fair and won't cry about the decision. Letang is as tough as a railroad spike. Great player. GW was justice served. Even Price knew that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pacioretty headhunting : I think you would have seen on here that a bigger majority of Bruins posters agreed with the Paille, Marchand suspensions and would not have been in total shock with supplemental suspensions on Lucic or Chara last year. You have to remember the bitterness that Bruins fans have when thinking about Cam Neely and Marc Savard's careers (when was the last time an opponent of the Canadiens were allowed to end a Habs career ?). So in order for a fan of another team to really look objectively at the Bruins fans posts that bitterness is still there when another NHL cities fans point their venom towards Boston. Here is some more objectiveness on Pacioretty, He's a repeat offender so he was warned already and Air Canada isn't looking to pull their sponsorship because of last nights viscous ILLEGAL hit. Hypocrisy is the problem most Boston Bruins have with Penquin n Canadien fans that is where you are a miss me thinks. Please comeback BDC needs more fans from other teams that want to actually talk hockey Cheers!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Well said SanDog.  Nobody has lost more from dirty hits than the Bruins, so there is a little baggage there, and a general preference for dirty hits to be punished.

That said, there are a lot of hits that cause bad inujuries and can't be considered dirty.  I for one, really like the way the league has started to specify what the elements of dirty (and suspendable) offenses are.  Like targeting the head, blindside, leaving the feet, elbowing, using the stick, etc.  If you see those things, it's probably a bad hit.

Paille's hit and Pacioretty's hit aren't really that bad, but they both share the element of appearing to target the head as the principle point of contact.  That is the only reason I think both are suspendable.  I'm not even sure they are dirty, but if you catch a guy directly in the head, without going through the body first, you deserve to be suspended.

And Eric, plenty of room for Habs fans here who want hockey discussion and even some ribbing and debate (I would like to see the Habs go 0-82 for the season, just for the record).  Unfortunately we have a lot of very dim-witted, Hab trolls who come here for attention and make the rest of you look bad.  Stick around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Its nice to see everyone playing nice especially when it comes to Montreal. The diplomacy and hockey wisdom is nice to see. But to be honest I am not sure that I am watching the same video everyone else is. First Pac came from behind the play. Second he was on the off wing and shooting side. Letangs head was down and had open ice to goal. When you shoot you put your head down so the puck does not lift like any sport including soccer. So awareness hit was coming is complete and untterly impossible. Thirdly he took at least four strides to get to Letang. He lined him up. He could have easily have taken the body. Poked checked. Made a direct route to the puck or the body which may have been a penality as well but not an injury inducing head shot. He followed although way through the head shot and even lifted his elbow for good measure. There was so much ice between Letang the goal and defense he could have tried for a block shot. Frankly there is no way to look at this video and not see this was a purposful terrible hit to the head and the head was the target. Maybe I am blind and I know he was mild mannered after the hit but the intent was the same and the league should throw the book at it and I do not want to see any Bruins player do the same. It has to stop before someone gets killed out there. 100 different options for PAC so there is a 100 reasons he should be fined and suspended heavily. Sorry I really don't like seeing talented players get hit like this. I have experienced something similiar and few black eyes will have you seeing clearly. It is a rough game but don't stupid about it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Its nice to see everyone playing nice especially when it comes to Montreal. The diplomacy and hockey wisdom is nice to see. But to be honest I am not sure that I am watching the same video everyone else is. First Pac came from behind the play. Second he was on the off wing and shooting side. Letangs head was down and had open ice to goal. When you shoot you put your head down so the puck does not lift like any sport including soccer. So awareness hit was coming is complete and untterly impossible. Thirdly he took at least four strides to get to Letang. He lined him up. He could have easily have taken the body. Poked checked. Made a direct route to the puck or the body which may have been a penality as well but not an injury inducing head shot. He followed although way through the head shot and even lifted his elbow for good measure. There was so much ice between Letang the goal and defense he could have tried for a block shot. Frankly there is no way to look at this video and not see this was a purposful terrible hit to the head and the head was the target. Maybe I am blind and I know he was mild mannered after the hit but the intent was the same and the league should throw the book at it and I do not want to see any Bruins player do the same. It has to stop before someone gets killed out there. 100 different options for PAC so there is a 100 reasons he should be fined and suspended heavily. Sorry I really don't like seeing talented players get hit like this. I have experienced something similiar and few black eyes will have you seeing clearly. It is a rough game but don't stupid about it. 
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Mac, but would you agree that if he didn't hit the head than it would be a nasty, but clean, hit?

Everything about lining him up, and trying to nail him, and taking advantage of the fact that he wasn't looking up is...prefectly legal, right?

I think if he doesn't target the head, it's an okay hit.  But he did hit the head, as the principle point of contact, so I say 4 games.  Just like Paille.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

3 games for Patches...he can watch more movies

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Three games for Pac - I thought it would be four, but three seems reasonable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I was thinking 2 games Red but yah that makes sense. Ooo I'm going to the Montreal link on HFboards for some laughs te-hee.