Package Hamilton, Seguin & Knight for Phil The Thrill!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: Package Hamilton, Seguin & Knight for Phil The Thrill!

In Response to Re: Package Hamilton, Seguin & Knight for Phil The Thrill!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Package Hamilton, Seguin & Knight for Phil The Thrill! : Well, forgive me for perceiving this to be somewhat anti-Seguin. It's not just because he played on a stronger Bruins team that Seguin is perceived to have better character. It's also that he didn't sulk when asked to buy into CJ's system. Phil has done nothing to suggest he's willing to put a team ahead of himself. For you to even suggest otherwise is ludicrous to me but you're entitled to your opinion(anti-Seguin as it may be).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Are you suggesting the Bruins are a better team by adding Seguin and removing Kessel,one for one ? Two or three years from now that may very well be the case but to suggest that now is ludicrous in my opinion .Potential doesn't necessarily translate into being a superstar or even a good player .With the exception of the two games against Tampa Bay  in which Seguin played exceptionally well he has shown only flashes of potential [as Kessel did his first couple of years].Kessel was a very good player his last year with the B's and if he had anyone with him in Toronto  he could easily be a 40 goal scorer.I hope Seguin becomes a better player than Kessel and in two or three years that may be the case but right now Phil is clearly the better player .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Package Hamilton, Seguin & Knight for Phil The Thrill!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Package Hamilton, Seguin & Knight for Phil The Thrill! : Seguin outscored him in fewer games while nearing his hit total. Let's not bother with this debate again. The entire team played well overall. You're not about to propose Thornton makes the team out of camp ahead of Seguin are you? Dallas, you're reminding me more of Yaz with every one of your posts.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh yaz . A name from the past . His observations on junior players ( Skinner for one ) were ones that left me wanting to reach through the monitor and give him a shake.

Speaking of names from the past dez , wouldn't you like to have a conversation with our old pal jwensink right about now ? I know I would .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Can't resist adding that the cap flexibility of having Seguin and not Kessel meant they could afford Horton - he of the OT goal prowess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Everyone on the team hated Phil ( close source to the team) they all used to pick on him in the locker room..