Paille Jacked

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Paille Jacked

Took a nasty hit there by Barch.  doubt if he will be back in the game or even the lineup for some time.

Anyone think Shanahan will "investigate?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Paille Jacked

Either way it looks like Caron won't have to hide the alarm clock anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm guessing his nose was rebroken.

In Response to Paille Jacked:
    [QUOTE]Took a nasty hit there by Barch.  doubt if he will be back in the game or even the lineup for some time. Anyone think Shanahan will "investigate?"
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

This is Dannys first game without the full shield too! ouch!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

NESN slow-motion replay showed principle contact to the head... may be a 2-game suspension coming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Jacked:[QUOTE] Either way it looks like Caron won't have to hide the alarm clock anymore. Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Nice 50 and I don't think it will get any games, vicious but not dirty.

Edit: http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/krys-barch-delivers-questionable-head-shot-on-daniel-paille-ending-night-for-bruins-forward-video.html

Didn't leave his feet, no elbow and you can't say it was blind side. Gotta keep your head up out there Pie-Yah. Having looked at it a 2nd time I still say no.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Hard to tell much of anything from those replays.  He gets the head - but it was far too incidental a part of the hit.  I would be surprised with a suspension, but I've been surprised before.

Hopefully b&g is right and it was just a re-broken nose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

No suspension. If Paille had his head up this wouldn't be an issue. Barch just made a ill-timed hockey hit. Not his fault at all. I hope Paille just re-broke the nose and it's nothing too serious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Too bad for DP -- had the head down and got smoked. Not even penalty worthy -- in fact -- Thornton should have received an extra 2 for instigating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Today'a reports indicate a possible concussion which could be due to the original injury being re-newed, just like Savvy last year, and Crosby.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Paille Jacked:
    [QUOTE]This is Dannys first game without the full shield too! ouch!
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Jay, I'm pretty sure he wore the half visor against the Jets also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Today'a reports indicate a possible concussion which could be due to the original injury being re-newed, just like Savvy last year, and Crosby.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

When the fight started he tried to get up, wobbled and fell backwards on his butt. That's ( concussion ) the first thing I thought of too when I noticed that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

No suspension (wouldn't surprise me if he got a game) but I don't know how people don't think it was a penalty. The puck was well gone and Barch knew it. It was a late hit and was a penalty. Sure they don't call those all the time but that was interference at the least. 

Plus the league doesn't care if it was an elbow or a launch anymore. Whenever the principle point of contact is the head, they're cracking down on it.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Tough not to hit him in the head there since Paille was leaning so far forward with his head down.  Clean hit.  Hate to see it happen to one of ours, but I would be disapointed if one of our guys got suspended for a similar hit.  It's a contact sport and you pay the price when you have your head down like that.  Late maybe, but I don't see and sort of intentional targeting of the head

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I am confused... Whether or not his head was down, does it make it legal to hit him square in the head? I would think not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]I am confused... Whether or not his head was down, does it make it legal to hit him square in the head? I would think not.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]
    Last season, the BOG decided not to do a full ban on all head hits.  If a guy gets hit in the head - even square in the head - as a part of what would otherwise be a legal hit, it is a legal hit.  There would be an issue here if he only hit Paille in the head.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

That's Hockey. It happens.
    Dealt with appropriately.
    No crybaby stuff from this town.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

You gotta love the response from the teammates, both Campbell and Thornton dropping gloves to get after Barch.  

I agree with seobrien unlucky that it happened especially to Paille but not need to be asking for a suspension and penatly and beatdown was what was called for and received.  And definitely looks like concussion, he tried to get up after the hit and just wobbled and fell over. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Officially a concussion for Paille.  Bummer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Paille is so far diagnose with a mild concussion until further testing. The minimum days is at least 10.

Caron will be the 4th line already mention no reason to hide alarm clock. Time for Caron to show some stuff get moving Caron and stay away from disrupting Seguin, when he is on the road let Thornton be his room mate.Good thing we have depth on the PK.