Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???

In the last nine games, Seguin has one goal and one assist.

He's a rookie who isn't doing so well at the moment, regardless of his draft position and hype.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

After watching that 3rd period, they would have been better off playing Seguin AND Paille, while bencing Thornton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Well tonight the Bs demonstrated their best stuff, the coach said this is an important game.  A divisional game where the coaching staff had a game plan to win.  The fact the Bs gave the players a day off for xmas shopping helped the team prepare for the opponent.  As for Seguin and Paille, it was a tough decison for CJ who when asked, he said it is important for a young player to see the game on top (Mt. Monadnock, I dare ask).  These are words of encouragement.  Result Buffalo 3 and Boston 2.  The best check of the whole game was Boychuck at the end of the game.  Kudos to the coaching staff.  Thanks Badhab for if you did not post the pregame interview I would not have understood the logic of the play tonight.  So goes the NEW NHL, where mediocrity meets competition.  Yawn!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"In the last nine games, Seguin has one goal and one assist.

He's a rookie who isn't doing so well at the moment, regardless of his draft position and hype."

...agreed, but did playing Paille give the Bruins any better chance to win this game? When you've got a Paille and a Thornton on 2 of the the 4 lines, they're begging to lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:
    [QUOTE]"In the last nine games, Seguin has one goal and one assist. He's a rookie who isn't doing so well at the moment, regardless of his draft position and hype." ...agreed, but did playing Paille give the Bruins any better chance to win this game? When you've got a Paille and a Thornton on 2 of the the 4 lines, they're begging to lose.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

While it is true that Paille had no goals, assists, shots or hits, he did block one shot tonight.  Let's say that shot scored.  Then it would have been 4-2 instead of 3-2.  A world of difference there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In the last nine games, Seguin has one goal and one assist. He's a rookie who isn't doing so well at the moment, regardless of his draft position and hype.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

Also, Dez, sitting Seguin now isn't nearly as ballsy a move as benching Kessel in the first round against the Habs and that move I've seen cited as a good one by the Boston media. Kessel came back on fire after that and put up 36 goals the next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Well tonight the Bs demonstrated their best stuff, the coach said this is an important game.  A divisional game where the coaching staff had a game plan to win.  The fact the Bs gave the players a day off for xmas shopping helped the team prepare for the opponent.  As for Seguin and Paille, it was a tough decison for CJ who when asked, he said it is important for a young player to see the game on top (Mt. Monadnock, I dare ask).  These are words of encouragement.  Result Buffalo 3 and Boston 2.  The best check of the whole game was Boychuck at the end of the game.  Kudos to the coaching staff.  Thanks Badhab for if you did not post the pregame interview I would not have understood the logic of the play tonight.  So goes the NEW NHL, where mediocrity meets competition.  Yawn!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone else listened to that pregame interview, did he sound like he was tripping out or what?

Paille - a player who played very well?

Paille?  Why didn't he bring up Caron or Colbourne?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : I agree with this. Also, Dez, sitting Seguin now isn't nearly as ballsy a move as benching Kessel in the first round against the Habs and that move I've seen cited as a good one by the Boston media. Kessel came back on fire after that and put up 36 goals the next season.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Kessel's attitude was a problem and is still a problem, there's no comparison to Seguin who's work ethic and attitude is impeccable.  Impeccable.

Yes, I can get my head around an attitude adjustment, but for Paille?  How's that motivate him?  Why not Caron or Colbourne or someone from Providence that could actually threaten his job?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : Kessel's attitude was a problem and is still a problem, there's no comparison to Seguin who's work ethic and attitude is impeccable.  Impeccable. Yes, I can get my head around an attitude adjustment, but for Paille?  How's that motivate him?  Why not Caron or Colbourne or someone from Providence that could actually threaten his job?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Did you read anywhere that Seguin was benched so Paille could play?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Sometimes CJ is too old school for me.. I  sure hope he learned something from the Kessel fiasco back in the day.. Kids now a days are not like days gone by when they would just accept demotions, sit outs etc.. I don't know Seguin's  temperament by any means, and to how he reacted to the news that he was being scratched ...Would be nice to get a reaction out of him in an interview .. 

I sure hope that CJ explained to him his reasoning, because Julien's explanation " It's an 82 game schedule , sitting out one game isn't going to kill him "  smacks of old school tactics to me... should have been more forthcoming with reason to the media and to the fans...

I sure hope this  is flu related
    and he was not 100% , because for the life of me I don't understand what purpose this sit out was meant to accomplish..The kid is a scoring threat and god knows this team needs more Seguins in the lineup than Paille's..

These new breed of kids can tune you out very fast Claude .. I would hate to see this turn into another Kessel exit three years down the line  because the coach lost the player and the player wanted out..

I think it's kind of silly the Bruins told us last week that they would not lend Seguin to the World Jr's but now sit him out..especially if it turns into more than one game.. I personally thought it would do a world of good for Seguin to be on the world stage for a couple of weeks.. I think he would have returned a different player.. Also , would like to get a reaction from PC on this..Did he approve? If yes, it is very interesting...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Sometimes CJ is too old school for me.. I  sure hope he learned something from the Kessel fiasco back in the day.. Kids now a days are not like days gone by when they would just accept demotions, sit outs etc.. I don't know Seguin's  temperament by any means, and to how he reacted to the news that he was being scratched ...Would be nice to get a reaction out of him in an interview ..  I sure hope that CJ explained to him his reasoning, because Julien's explanation " It's an 82 game schedule , sitting out one game isn't going to kill him "  smacks of old school tactics to me... should have been more forthcoming with reason to the media and to the fans... I sure hope this  is flu related and he was not 100% , because for the life of me I don't understand what purpose this sit out was meant to accomplish..The kid is a scoring threat and god knows this team needs more Seguins in the lineup than Paille's.. These new breed of kids can tune you out very fast Claude .. I would hate to see this turn into another Kessel exit three years down the line  because the coach lost the player and the player wanted out.. I think it's kind of silly the Bruins told us last week that they would not lend Seguin to the World Jr's but now sit him out..especially if it turns into more than one game.. I personally thought it would do a world of good for Seguin to be on the world stage for a couple of weeks.. I think he would have returned a different player.. Also , would like to get a reaction from PC on this..Did he approve? If yes, it is very interesting...
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Wonderful and excellent perspective!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : Did you read anywhere that Seguin was benched so Paille could play?

Read???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : Did you read anywhere that Seguin was benched so Paille could play?

Nope, didn't read it anywhere.  I heard CJ say it.  Check my earlier post and listen to CJ's pregame presser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh.  I just read this.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I don't mind benching Seguin for a few games. Julien developed Kessel into a good scorer and I'm sure he will do the same for Seguin who is a more complete player. Julien also brought up Krejci slowly. People need to relax, its so early. Seguin will be fine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Everyone who is saying this will benefit him .. your wrong. Practice isnt what is going to benefit this kid .... GAMES against men who are PAYED to play hockey and learning how to become one of them himself from it is what will benefit him .... he wont learn that in the press box and paille has had his chance to many times. He is an AHL player at best and nothing more! there is a 1000 more of him in that league allready and you cant tell one from the other. Did anyone notice or care that he wasnt playing while the bruins were WINNING earlier this season? NO !! because his play doesnt matter in any direction .. he doesnt win or lose you games, i thought the object was to win them?

Time for this coach to go allready. He is an assistant coach not a head coach. He is pre game tactfully decent, but his personel desicion's and in game adjustment's are very subpar.

When your going to the kentucky derby, dont leave your prized stallion behind!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another point on this subject.

Benching Kessel - I believe that was the only discipline he would understand.  He has the same lazy habits now as he did then and from the Kessel interviews he shows me NOTHING that shows he really cares about being a professional.

Seguin - his interviews, his play - NO on ice laziness, the tons of offseason work he does - is the only way to get through to him benching him?

Is the only "weapon" in CJ's box benching? 
    What about cutting Seguin's minutes?
    What about a stern talking to?

What about letting the paying fans know why we're not seeing the product we paid for?

And if he's dissatisfied with Seguin's play, why not discipline others?

Marchand - has made some bad rookie mistakes
    Thornton - paid fighter, true, but has taken some STUPID penalties, had he not ran the goalie last night, that goal might have still been in.
    Wheeler - has seen poor production at times, and he's a minus now
    Ryder - has also seen poor production, he is a minus 2 right now.

Paille - why is he playing at all?  He has seen very little ice time and somehow managed to be a minus 2?  And he's shown NO productivity, NONE.

This talk of "show casing" Paille, what nonsense.  Who in their right mind would trade for him?  Wait for him to be placed on waivers, then pick him up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Well, if anything hopefully Seguin learned not to try to make home-run passes through the neutral zone while protecting a third-period lead.  Especially if you are on the fourth line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:[QUOTE]"In the last nine games, Seguin has one goal and one assist. He's a rookie who isn't doing so well at the moment, regardless of his draft position and hype." ...agreed, but did playing Paille give the Bruins any better chance to win this game? When you've got a Paille and a Thornton on 2 of the the 4 lines, they're begging to lose. Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

The only question you should ever ask about this benching. Again and again...Did Julien put his best players on the ice to win ? NO!

The Sabres are now 6 points behind the Bruins becuase Lindy Ruff coached that game like it was a playoff game, like the game meant something. Not like what another poster mentioned "Oh Buffalo and Miller aren't playing well anyways so why not play Paille." So I guess some Bruins on here are OK with playing against Pittsburgh or Philly in the first round.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : The only question you should ever ask about this benching. Again and again...Did Julien put his best players on the ice to win ? NO! The Sabres are now 6 points behind the Bruins becuase Lindy Ruff coached that game like it was a playoff game, like the game meant something. Not like what another poster mentioned "Oh Buffalo and Miller aren't playing well anyways so why not play Paille." So I guess some Bruins on here are OK with playing against Pittsburgh or Philly in the first round.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Another spin on your take is - did he even get his 'next best' players on the ice? - no, no Caron, no Colbourne and probably who ever is hot in Providence would have been better than Paille.

I guess that old adage of a point in November is still one point in March, guess  someone around the Bruins bench should be reminded of that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Cap space wise, the Bruins aren't in a very good spot for calling AHL players up.

Right now, they could afford to have Caron up for about a week before they would have to send him back down (or make another move).  That could be extended by yo-yoing him, but I'm not sure the difference between him and Paille is enough to warrant the risk that that cap space is needed later, for instance if a couple players get minor injuries.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Well, if anything hopefully Seguin learned not to try to make home-run passes through the neutral zone while protecting a third-period lead.  Especially if you are on the fourth line. "

HA! The good Doctor strikes again!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

If Paille's and his Cap hit were to just dissapear it would be a better thing for this team.

Heres the equation:
    Get rid of Paille
    Call up Caron
    Put Caron on 3rd line
    Move recchi to 4th line
    Scratch Thornton

Alternate between Thornton and Recchi as needed to keep Rex rested and ready to be a weapon when you need him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Cap space wise, the Bruins aren't in a very good spot for calling AHL players up. http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?team=5 Right now, they could afford to have Caron up for about a week before they would have  to send him back down (or make another move).  That could be extended by yo-yoing him, but I'm not sure the difference between him and Paille is enough to warrant the risk that that cap space is needed later, for instance if a couple players get minor injuries.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

There is very easy way around that...So long, Daniel.
    By all accounts a decent guy but should be on waivers, let some team with PK issues kick the tires.