Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:
    [QUOTE] If Paille's and his Cap hit were to just dissapear it would be a better thing for this team. Heres the equation: Get rid of Paille Call up Caron Put Caron on 3rd line Move recchi to 4th line Scratch Thornton Alternate between Thornton and Recchi as needed to keep Rex rested and ready to be a weapon when you need him. Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Interesting how Paille has gone so sour so quickly guess Ruff knew something Julien doesn't (Really ? Go figure!).

ILH, That is a very simple formula and I'm not understanding why Chiarelli can't or won't look at it this way. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I don't think it's a matter of going sour on Paille. It's just the skills he does have (PK, energy 4th liner non-scoring winger), are not needed by this team...at all. Marchand is much much better and unless he gets hurt, there is no room at the table for Paille. Getting rid of him would also mean having the ability to shuffle the PBruins kids in and out if/as needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch???:[QUOTE]I don't think it's a matter of going sour on Paille. It's just the skills he does have (PK, energy 4th liner non-scoring winger), are not needed by this team...at all. Marchand is much much better and unless he gets hurt, there is no room at the table for Paille. Getting rid of him would also mean having the ability to shuffle the PBruins kids in and out if/as needed. Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Correct and much better put than my ramble. Caron, Arneil and Sauve kept down so Bruins fans can watch someone we don't need anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What?!?!?!?!

Again tonight ??????

Listen to this pregame presser.  Makes even less sense than last time.  So this kid has had the "flu" for how freakin long?

http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/post/2338113460/listen-in-to-coach-juliens-pregame-comments-from

Paille playing well?  Which Paille?  For what team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?!

I'm beside myself.  I'm going to have an anneurism I swear to God.

Seguin - listen to his comment, class act and good kid

"I'm taking the positives out of it," Seguin said of being scratched last night. "It was an experience sitting up top, especially last game, getting to watch the game and study the game a bit more from a different perspective. I'm ready to get back in the lineup when I get put back in."

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/12/game-time_decis_5.html?camp=localsearch:on:twit:bruins

Compare and contrast to Kessel's benching back in November;
    His response: “What do you think I think? You know what I think. I don’t really have to say it. Everyone knows.”

Read more: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/11/25/leafs-kessel-on-benching-what-do-you-think-i-think/#ixzz18J68BUvM

Who is the more mature player?

And then Dan Paille enters into this equation.

God Lord they're trying to kill me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?!:
    That might have just been Julien being Julien.  Let's not skewer him until he actually decides to sit Seguin again.

[QUOTE]I'm beside myself.  I'm going to have an anneurism I swear to God. Seguin - listen to his comment, class act and good kid "I'm taking the positives out of it," Seguin said of being scratched last night. "It was an experience sitting up top, especially last game, getting to watch the game and study the game a bit more from a different perspective. I'm ready to get back in the lineup when I get put back in." http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/12/game-time_decis_5.html?camp=localsearch:on:twit:bruins Compare and contrast to Kessel's benching back in November; His response: “ What do you think I think? You know what I think. I don’t really have to say it. Everyone knows.” Read more: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/11/25/leafs-kessel-on-benching-what-do-you-think-i-think/#ixzz18J68BUvM Who is the more mature player? And then Dan Paille enters into this equation. God Lord they're trying to kill me.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

This is great though.  Now if you want a really crack-pot analysis of this situation, you can claim the Bruins sat Seguin to see how he would respond as some sort of character test.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

One time, way back, Neely was in the press box recovering from an injury.  He stated he learned that he had more space to move than he thought on the ice.  In an effort to be positive, Seguin maybe given primer to postioinal play.  Somehow if Seguin does not get the chance to work on these learning experiences then much will be lost other than poor play, like confidence.  

The above paragraph was the best way for this fan to grapple with the decision of not playing Seguin.  Paille is a decent fourth liner as stated about by Soebrien, the decision to not to play Seguin should not even have his name involved.  It is the benching of Seguin period!  The coach will bear the good, bad, and ugly of that decision imo.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?! : That might have just been Julien being Julien.  Let's not skewer him until he actually decides to sit Seguin again. This is great though.  Now if you want a really crack-pot analysis of this situation, you can claim the Bruins sat Seguin to see how he would respond as some sort of character test.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

What do you mean crack-pot analysis?  That's the best reason I've heard yet.

As opposed to:
    Paille playing well.
    Learning experience from the press box.

Oh - and about the learning experience from the press box, since he's not in the game he's watching from the press box, why not go to some other NHL game and watch that one from the press box?

Yah, you can claim he could fine tune learning their 'system' - not exactly rocket science, I think he knows it by now - or actually probably by the end of training camp, wouldn't there be much to gain by watching 2 other NHL teams play?

I'm torn.  Crack-pot theories or idiotic theories.  Wait a second - no theories, but reasons, we've got either insane or stupid reasons to bench this kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Cap space wise, the Bruins aren't in a very good spot for calling AHL players up. http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?team=5 Right now, they could afford to have Caron up for about a week before they would have  to send him back down (or make another move).  That could be extended by yo-yoing him, but I'm not sure the difference between him and Paille is enough to warrant the risk that that cap space is needed later, for instance if a couple players get minor injuries.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

NOT if you waive Paile, then we would have extra cap space.  Paille is useless should not have been resigned and should be waived.  Hopefully there is a team out there that needs help with the pk and are willing to take on that silly contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Watching other teams play is an interesting idea.  Given scheduling, I would think there would even be chances for players to watch the team they are about to play.  Anyone ever heard of a player (young or otherwise) doing this?

And come on, nearly every player when asked says watching the game from up top is useful.  It can't all be 'polite athlete speak'.

I'll agree that, so far, every reason that meshes with what Julien has said in interviews is either insane or stupid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : NOT if you waive Paile, then we would have extra cap space.  Paille is useless should not have been resigned and should be waived.  Hopefully there is a team out there that needs help with the pk and are willing to take on that silly contract.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    Paille's contract only looks silly because Marchand has completely eliminated his usefulness.  Otherwise, $1M for a 4th liner/PK player is sensible.  Paille somewhere other than the 4th line is not sensible.

At this point, I'd have no issue with him being waived if it came to that.  I'm not sure Chiarelli would be happy loosing a second player for nothing at all in return, though.

I still think there are some teams out there that would take a chance on him, but that second year on his contract might kill any reasonable deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://media.waaf.com/a/35954163/cam-12-16-10.htm

Neely interview today listen carefully "Coaches decision" comment. Great that Isla mentioned Neely in the press box because he was injured not when he was healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]            http://media.waaf.com/a/35954163/cam-12-16-10.htm Neely interview today listen carefully "Coaches decision" comment. Great that Isla mentioned Neely in the press box because he was injured not when he was healthy.

Do I *love* to hear that.  To these ears you don't have to listen that carefully, Cam sounds clearly ticked off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

oh, and that cam neely interview puts to bed all the theories about shopping Paille.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? AGAIN?!?!?! : [QUOTE]            http://media.waaf.com/a/35954163/cam-12-16-10.htm Neely interview today listen carefully "Coaches decision" comment. Great that Isla mentioned Neely in the press box because he was injured not when he was healthy. Do I *love* to hear that.  To these ears you don't have to listen that carefully, Cam sounds clearly ticked off.
    Yeah,it sounds like the decision certainly didn't come from upstairs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : whoa whoa whoa - depending on how sick Seguin got?  First, everyone in the league when they sit a guy and don't want to make a big deal of it they say undisclosed injuries, flu, food poisoning & etc. So to me anyway, this gives credence to the theory that he never had the flu and were sitting him all along. Next - let's get serious about Paille, Seguin is the better player even if he had uncontrollable explosive  diarrhea. Watching from the press box will help??? Are you guys like 105 years old and have never heard of "game film"?  In your day did they have cave paintings portrayings the game or something??? Do you know they have computers, and video tape and ipods, and yes, even some areas have electric lights and flush toilets????
    I admit I have a bit of a secret agenda, but if they are going to sit Seguin, why wouldn't it be better for him to be leading the Canadian juniors in the WJC?  It's two weeks give or take; isn't that a more productive way to spend your time?  And I'mwith BadHab, watch game films if that's what it takes.  Sitting a rookie makes no sense to me; either you play him or send him back down.  This also eats up 1 year in his RFA eligibility.

Actually, now that I think about, it makes it 1 year earlier for the Leafs to offer their next 10 1st round draft picks for Seguin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Paille playing and Seguin a healthy scratch??? : I admit I have a bit of a secret agenda, but if they are going to sit Seguin, why wouldn't it be better for him to be leading the Canadian juniors in the WJC?  It's two weeks give or take; isn't that a more productive way to spend your time?  And I'mwith BadHab, watch game films if that's what it takes.  Sitting a rookie makes no sense to me; either you play him or send him back down.  This also eats up 1 year in his RFA eligibility. Actually, now that I think about, it makes it 1 year earlier for the Leafs to offer their next 10 1st round draft picks for Seguin.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

LRH, have some dignity!  The Leafs are winning again.  Trades with Boston should be forbidden for the next ten years.  Ha.