Panic Button

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Panic Button

Remember how we felt last year. Full weeks would go by without this team putting in a full 60 minute effort. Now it happens once every 12-15 games. Of, and they won the cup anyway.

It doesn't matter to me until about a month before the playoffs, when you want to ramp up and make sure the good habits are second-nature and not only when you TRY to play the full 60. For now, I still can't imagine a bad Bruins team losing more than 4 games every 10, and that puts them in the top 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Theeeee one and only time to panic with this team is if they're facing  elimination in the playoffs.  And even then I'd be pretty cool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

For some reason,when evaluating the B's position at this point I don't recall anyone noting that the Bruins have games in hand on just about every team(including five games in hand against Ottawa and two to four games over a bunch of other clubs).Even if they only win half of the games they have in hand their position in the division and conference would certainly be impressive.No team in the NHL is able to play at peak capacity in every single game and the better teams always seem to find a way to win half the time when they don't bring their A game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

QUOTE OF NOTE

“Looch looked like he had heavy legs tonight; [Horton] the same thing. [Horton] has got to pick up his game. No ifs or buts about it. He’s got to get more physically involved and he’s got to compete harder.” –Claude Julien not too impressed with the David Krejci/Milan Lucic/Nathan Horton line on Monday night against the Panthers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: Panic Button:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Panic Button : Those teams can dispute it all they'd like but the numbers don't lie. 1st in goals for and against. Who are these 6 teams you think "could handle" the Champs?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    The Rangers, Sharks, Vancouver, Detroit and Chicago could all beat the Bruins in a late round series. Washington, currently seeded seventh to Boston's second, could be a handful. Before everyone spazzes out, I said could not would beat Boston.

I live and die with the Bruins like most everyone else around these boards. And I'm sure you'll recall those handful of late 80s, early 90s Bs squads who seemed destined for greatness. There are any number of factors that could derail this year's team and all of the 'Let's give the cup to the Bruins' stuff is a bit premature.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Panic Button : The Rangers, Sharks, Vancouver, Detroit and Chicago could all beat the Bruins in a late round series. Washington, currently seeded seventh to Boston's second, could be a handful. Before everyone spazzes out, I said could not would beat Boston. I live and die with the Bruins like most everyone else around these boards. And I'm sure you'll recall those handful of late 80s, early 90s Bs squads who seemed destined for greatness. There are any number of factors that could derail this year's team and all of the 'Let's give the cup to the Bruins' stuff is a bit premature.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

I agree that most of those teams would have a chance (I think that's a better way to put it). I do not think the Sharks or Hawks honestly have a chance. We outplayed the Hawks during the regular season last year, and would like to think that we'll do it again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Yeah, good points on the Hawks. One never knows about the Sharks though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the bruins have lost SIX GAMES since december 1st... six games!!! six games lost in 2 1/2 months. it takes losing 4 games in two weeks to lose a playoff series. i threw out my panic button after watching the bruins win THREE GAME SEVENS en route to the cup. this team has ice-water in its veins. wait til #63 and #49 return to the lineup, and the machine starts to roll again. i love the fact that this team EXPECTS to win EVERY night. let's enjoy this!! but let's not get ahead of ourselves... playoff talk starts in mid-march. lets finish the second half strong, then go from there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oops i meant to write november 1st!!!! even scarier!!! same point

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

They got 40 shots on net vs the Canes. Carolina got 20....plus the Bruins tipped 3 pucks into their own net. It was an off night but I wouldn say they didn't try. Some of you clowns ought to get a life.....the Bruins are 25-5...that is NOT normal 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Panic Button : The Rangers, Sharks, Vancouver, Detroit and Chicago could all beat the Bruins in a late round series. Washington, currently seeded seventh to Boston's second, could be a handful. Before everyone spazzes out, I said could not would beat Boston. I live and die with the Bruins like most everyone else around these boards. And I'm sure you'll recall those handful of late 80s, early 90s Bs squads who seemed destined for greatness. There are any number of factors that could derail this year's team and all of the 'Let's give the cup to the Bruins' stuff is a bit premature.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]
    Not freaking out at all. I just don't agree with you. I have yet to see a team that matches up well against Boston if faced with a best of 7. They're the Champs and they're better than they were last year. Why should they worry about facing anyone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think that all of the lamenting about recent lackluster play is very fair either.

1. It hasn't been all that lackluster, just a little less dominant than usual.
    2. The team is missing perhaps the two biggest hustle players -- Marchand and Peverly.  Those two are being missed all around.
    3. Every other good team, like those listed above, is going through slumps too.

Let's talk when they lose 6 in a row, or 8 of 10, or start to fall out of a playoff spot.  Panic is a strong word.  Especially for a team that can fight off narrow game 7 victories in the playoffs, three times.  There is no panic, nor should there be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Great thoughts Fletch Pev and March for sure give a lot of jump. 

Only point I will humbly disagree with is The Rangers look like a team possessed every game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Great thoughts Fletch Pev and March for sure give a lot of jump.  Only point I will humbly disagree with is The Rangers look like a team possessed every game. 
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

The Rangers look fantastic, no real argument there.  We'll get to see this matchup this weekend...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I really think this is the unspoken biggest match up of the season. This will be our first real true test...especially with the need for them to buck up under adversity. If the Rangers bring their A game it will be one hell of a match up. Dez is right no one is a match for us in seven games but this will really let us know where we stand and what needs to be set for the next few months.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

How about NOW? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hit the button, hit the button!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Watching Ottawa tonight vs Montreal.  If we face them first round it won't be no pic nic.  They have sound defence.  A solid PP.  And as of right now, their backup goalie Ben Bishop looks much better than whatever we put in nets. 

We gotta turn this around fast.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

As of right now the islanders would beat them in a 7game series. I dont mind them losing in the first round I just don't want to see them look foolish and lose in 4or 5 or blow another big lead. Thank god for 2011!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]As of right now the islanders would beat them in a 7game series. I dont mind them losing in the first round I just don't want to see them look foolish and lose in 4or 5 or blow another big lead. Thank god for 2011!!
    Posted by tbone77[/QUOTE]

Are you always this optomistic?

21. This post has been removed.