Patrice Bergeron gets all-access treatment on next 'NHL 36'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Patrice Bergeron gets all-access treatment on next 'NHL 36'

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=608353

"NHL Original Productions cameras joined the Bruins' alternate captain at 7:30 a.m., ET, today and will follow him for 36 hours as Bergeron participates in team practices, flies with teammates to Arizona and prepares for Boston's game against the Phoenix Coyotes. NHL 36: Patrice Bergeron will air Wednesday, Jan. 4, at 6:30 p.m. on NBC Sports Network (formerly VERSUS). The show will be followed on NBC Sports Network by NHL LIVE at 7:00 p.m. ET, and the Bruins' game in New Jersey against the Devils at 7:30"

Set your DVR/Tivos should be cool too watch. They might have time to hit the links in Snottsdale...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Patrice Bergeron gets all-access treatment on next 'NHL 36'

Thanks !!!  Should be interesting

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Thanks for sharing is your boy kevin weeks gona be on it too?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Patrice Bergeron gets all-access treatment on next 'NHL 36':
    [QUOTE]                  http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=608353 "NHL Original Productions cameras joined the Bruins' alternate captain at 7:30 a.m., ET, today and will follow him for 36 hours as Bergeron participates in team practices, flies with teammates to Arizona and prepares for Boston's game against the Phoenix Coyotes . NHL 36: Patrice Bergeron will air Wednesday, Jan. 4, at 6:30 p.m. on NBC Sports Network (formerly VERSUS). The show will be followed on NBC Sports Network by NHL LIVE at 7:00 p.m. ET, and the Bruins' game in New Jersey against the Devils at 7:30" Set your DVR/Tivos should be cool too watch. They might have time to hit the links in Snottsdale...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Thx Dawg! Good to know!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Very cool!  Thanks for the info I will defniitely be recording this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I watched the Kane one..Didnt do much for me, hope they do a better one with Bergeron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Cool.  Thanks Sandog -- I'll set the tivo.  He's an interesting guy and I bet it will be an interesting show.  I actually thought about making the trip down to Phoenix for this one, but can't swing  it.  Seeing the 'Yotes tomorrow night in Denver though...

You making any west coast games this year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron gets all-access treatment on next 'NHL 36':
    [QUOTE]Cool.  Thanks Sandog -- I'll set the tivo.  He's an interesting guy and I bet it will be an interesting show.  I actually thought about making the trip down to Phoenix for this one, but can't swing  it.  Seeing the 'Yotes tomorrow night in Denver though... You making any west coast games this year? Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Couldn't swing Phoenix or San Jose this year but will not miss Anaheim or LA going to both of those for sure. Let me know if you can swing either ?...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patrice Bergeron gets all-access treatment on next 'NHL 36' : Couldn't swing Phoenix or San Jose this year but will not miss Anaheim or LA going to both of those for sure. Let me know if you can swing either ?...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Will do -- I'm taking a hard look at that March west coast trip.  I will be conferring with the wife and trying to make that work...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Thanks for the heads-up.

hope it's well done - 36 hours compacted into about 23 minutes (allowing for commercials) is going to leave a lot on the cutting room floor...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No doubt!  Then again, a big chunk of that time will be sitting in an airport, on an airplane, in a cab, napping, sleeping, etc.  How many times will they show him tying his skates for practice, for pre-game skate, for the game...?  My guess is that the most interesting part will be contrasting Bergeron's wholesale professional and detail oriented approach to preparations with the running monologue coming from Marchand (and probably others) in the locker room.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Exactly, BB... (the skate tying clip is a no-brainer)

I remember the "Summer with the Cup" special, or whatever it was, over the summer.  The episode with Bergeron was too funny.  His luncheon at some hotel in Montréal looked like the backdrop for a meeting of Diplomatic Heads of State.

Still, any insight into the happenings off-ice is interesting.  Sometimes fans can forget their favorite athletes (and not-so-favorite, at that) are people, too.

Looking forward to watching.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt!  Then again, a big chunk of that time will be sitting in an airport, on an airplane, in a cab, napping, sleeping, etc.  How many times will they show him tying his skates for practice, for pre-game skate, for the game...?  My guess is that the most interesting part will be contrasting Bergeron's wholesale professional and detail oriented approach to preparations with the running monologue coming from Marchand (and probably others) in the locker room.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Ha.  I was thinking the same thing.  Can't you see Bergeron being quiet, professional, unassuming, and then Marchand stealing the show?  Maybe I'm still tainted from his idiotic "rap" at the beginning of the parade last summer.  Somehow I wonder if Marchand becomes of a part of the Bergeron show -- better tv I guess...

I think what might be interesting to document is Bergeron's respect and reputation around the league.  I was down by the locker rooms after the Bruins-Avs game last year and was struck by how the teams kept to themselves in the communal areas, except for Bergeron who had 4 or 5 Avs players come over to the Bruins side of the tunnel to chat it up.  Lots of the Avs players seemed to want to hang with Bergeron.  Just a snap shot there, but it stuck with me.  He seemed like an ambassador of sorts.

Side note, didn't see one Bruin talk to Matt Hunwick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Thanks for the tip, Dawg.  Hadn't heard anything about it.  Love the higher profile the Bruins are getting as befits the champs.  Also looking forward to their visit to The White House.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't forget tomorrow night we get to see Marchand try to steal the scenes from Thornton and Bergeron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the tip, Dawg.  Hadn't heard anything about it.  Love the higher profile the Bruins are getting as befits the champs.  Also looking forward to their visit to The White House.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

You got NBC sports in T.O.?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Bergy....think what you want.....it's still called a "superstition".  

I was cracking up as I was watching it.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/patrice-bergeron-claims-to-have-no-superstitions-before-describing-his-superstitions-on-nhl-36.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It was better than the Kane episode.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt!  Then again, a big chunk of that time will be sitting in an airport, on an airplane, in a cab, napping, sleeping, etc.  How many times will they show him tying his skates for practice, for pre-game skate, for the game...?  My guess is that the most interesting part will be contrasting Bergeron's wholesale professional and detail oriented approach to preparations with the running monologue coming from Marchand (and probably others) in the locker room.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

This was almost dead on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Bergy....think what you want.....it's still called a "superstition".   I was cracking up as I was watching it. http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/patrice-bergeron-claims-to-have-no-superstitions-before-describing-his-superstitions-on-nhl-36.html
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was thinking the same thing while watching it.  "I'm not superstitious...but I go through the exact same insanely meticulous routine before every game..."

I know most players do this, it was just funny that he believes he isn't superstitious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]It was better than the Kane episode.Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agreed Kane was goofy walks into NHL shop really ? that wasn't planned. Then goes into Mexican food place where their was a burrito named after him ahhh no.

PS. I wouldn't be able to sit within 30 feet of Milan sleeping he has to be loud LoL!