Patrick Kane Sorry For Party-Hard Past

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Patrick Kane Sorry For Party-Hard Past

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Those chips sound good RHO...

Tasted good too, Fletch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Who knows RHO.  His cabbie assault took place in August of '09 and he signed his 5 year extension in December of '09.  Maybe the team used his expiring contract as leverage to "shape up or ship out".  More likely though, the Hawks knew that they wanted him on their team despite his shortcomings off the ice...something that can't be said about the B's and TS.

Differing degrees of organizational philosophy in that regard, hang.  VP Neely said there were several talks along the way.  It's a shame.  I was looking forward to him hopefully developing into a consistent offensive predator for the Bruins.  The kind where the other team goes on high alert whenever he'd cowboy (Thank you, Jack Edwards.) over the boards.  For the sum of the parts the Bruins received it's a good deal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Hadnt heard that one.  My dads retired navy vet who always used the "its hard to fly with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys". 

I think the kane seguin comparision is close.  Seguin didnt assault a cab driver though. 

Yah I heard the Canadian Navy still keeps Turkeys on their wooden ships, Is that true ?

Is your war with Iceland over yet ?

[/QUOTE]

You need to read more.  Canada has never lost any war its been involved with.  you guys win vietnam yet?  Im very proud of our military and what Canada stands for.   we can get by with wooden ships bc we dont feel the need to destroy other countries.  I can wheremy flag anywhere with pride.  How about you?   :-)

[/QUOTE]

Jeezus, you're an antagonistic SOB this summer.  You're wading into some topics you shouldn't, but I'll take the high road...

*wear*

[/QUOTE]

its ok for san to belittle Canada though?   Ti t for tat.   Sometimes the truth hurts.  Sorry for the spelling error :).  I didnt start that either for the record.   I didnt take sans comments overly serious.  My reply wasnt overly serious.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Jeezus, you're an antagonistic SOB this summer.  You're wading into some topics you shouldn't, but I'll take the high road...

its ok for san to belittle Canada though?   Ti t for tat.   Sometimes the truth hurts.  Sorry for the spelling error :).  I didnt start that either for the record.   I didnt take sans comments overly serious.  My reply wasnt overly serious.  

[/QUOTE]

You take me too seriously here sometimes too.  I don't mean to insult, but you are an antagonistic SOB this summer.  Wouldn't you agree?  You're 30% more feisty than regular.

And for the record, I would contend that joking about wooden ships might be less controversial than teasing about Vietnam (where friends and relatives died) or saying that we are into "destroying other countries", which isn't true of your many American friends here.  If you're truly joking, I would offer that there aren't a lot of laughs in Vietnam, although there are many other things to tease America about.  Maybe there is history to the wodden ships joke that I am not aware of.

I know you mean no harm.  Back to hockey, eh?

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt say im 30 % more anything.   I just dont agree with one topic and i have backed it with respectful debates.   Its dominated the boards but people like you book and kelv have made counter pts to my battle.  

I hear pig jokes, donuts, that canada is a 3rd world nation that lives in igloos and i throw a little sand about the US and all of a sudden im a flag burner.   My dad was in the navy and served over seas and in peace keeping missions that san and nas had fun with.   I didnt take it to heart, i dont take most thins too serious on here.   You must hate chris rock comedy.   I agree the raping murdering was a bit over the top but that was more directed at nas who knew i was playing along.  

It is ok for us to have pride in our country just like you do with yours isnt it?   everywhere i drive in maine, nh, ma has american flags.   I think its great.  

god bless america

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You take me too seriously here sometimes too.  I don't mean to insult, but you arean antagonistic SOB this summer.  Wouldn't you agree?  You're 30% more feisty than regular.

And for the record, I would contend that joking about wooden ships might be less controversial than teasing about Vietnam (where friends and relatives died) or saying that we are into "destroying other countries", which isn't true of your many American friends here.  If you're truly joking, I would offer that there aren't a lot of laughs in Vietnam, although there are many other things to tease America about.  Maybe there is history to the wodden ships joke that I am not aware of.

I wouldnt say im 30 % more anything.   I just dont agree with one topic and i have backed it with respectful debates.   Its dominated the boards but people like you book and kelv have made counter pts to my battle.  

I hear pig jokes, donuts, that canada is a 3rd world nation that lives in igloos and i throw a little sand about the US and all of a sudden im a flag burner.   My dad was in the navy and served over seas and in peace keeping missions that san and nas had fun with.   I didnt take it to heart, i dont take most thins too serious on here.   You must hate chris rock comedy.   I agree the raping murdering was a bit over the top but that was more directed at nas who knew i was playing along.  

It is ok for us to have pride in our country just like you do with yours isnt it?   everywhere i drive in maine, nh, ma has american flags.   I think its great.  

god bless america

[/QUOTE]

Love Chris Rock.  Love Canada.  You're missing my point, almost entirely, so let's just get back to hockey where we can have fun.

Cheers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

You take me too seriously here sometimes too.  I don't mean to insult, but you arean antagonistic SOB this summer.  Wouldn't you agree?  You're 30% more feisty than regular.

god bless america

[/QUOTE]

Love Chris Rock.  Love Canada.  You're missing my point, almost entirely, so let's just get back to hockey where we can have fun.

Cheers.

[/QUOTE]

Your pt was pretty clear.  I just dont think ive been anything different.   I dont like the rask deal and we had good back and forth debates about it.   The political nationalism stuff was just some fun with nas and san that i apologized if it offended the general audience and for my spelling error and beiber.   

Ive been a good boy avoiding the rask topic.   Come on im trying here.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

We are all sorry for Bieber.

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I remember those guys well.  Not only was I not a smart kid, but I grew up in a small Massachusetts town where kids start drinking around 14, standing around a fire in the woods with Led Zeppelin blaring from someone's Camaro...maybe a little dry humping some tart against a tree if all goes well...you know...the way it should be.

I had an 84 Camaro. The tart, I ended up marrying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

god bless america

[/QUOTE]

Just the other day I was in Dunkin Donuts on my way to a detail. I ordered my coffee and nothing else ...The guy behind me asked if I was sure I didnt want a donut. I turn around and there he is, all 300 plus pounds of him. I 'm about to walk out the door, but there he is still laughing. So i say to him, "You look like that and decide it's funny to make donuts jokes because of the uniform I'm in?"...He stops laughing. People start looking at him...On my way out the door I add, "As you can see, donuts arent a big part of my diet, but I was considering getting one of those Sausage,Egg and Cheese sanwiches until I saw the one lodged in your moustache.".....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

I remember those guys well.  Not only was I not a smart kid, but I grew up in a small Massachusetts town where kids start drinking around 14, standing around a fire in the woods with Led Zeppelin blaring from someone's Camaro...maybe a little dry humping some tart against a tree if all goes well...you know...the way it should be.

I had an 84 Camaro. The tart, I ended up marrying.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My brother in law is a local cop and I rib him all the time about how much vacation time he gets. But the jokes stop there.  Constantly dealing with people who are on their worst behavior, high on drugs and/or totally crapfaced is not my idea of fun, not to mention being a first responder to an accident and having to pick up multiple body parts.  No thanks, I'll stay in sales. Those who serve and protect have my utmost respect.  Thanks to those here and everywhere who do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hoping kel wasn't down in Dorchester today...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hoping kel wasn't down in Dorchester today...

Just saw this - kel's not in drug control, is he?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Just the other day I was in Dunkin Donuts on my way to a detail. I ordered my coffee and nothing else ...The guy behind me asked if I was sure I didnt want a donut. I turn around and there he is, all 300 plus pounds of him. I 'm about to walk out the door, but there he is still laughing. So i say to him, "You look like that and decide it's funny to make donuts jokes because of the uniform I'm in?"...He stops laughing. People start looking at him...On my way out the door I add, "As you can see, donuts arent a big part of my diet, but I was considering getting one of those Sausage,Egg and Cheese sanwiches until I saw the one lodged in your moustache.".....

[/QUOTE]

Brilliant!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

god bless america

[/QUOTE]

Awesome.  It gets old pretty fast doesnt it.  I am in plain clothes now but 12 yrs of it was enough.  I never eat donuts and am in the gym or rink everyday.   The i pay you salary never gets old either. Meanwhile they are on social assistance.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

My brother in law is a local cop and I rib him all the time about how much vacation time he gets. But the jokes stop there.  Constantly dealing with people who are on their worst behavior, high on drugs and/or totally crapfaced is not my idea of fun, not to mention being a first responder to an accident and having to pick up multiple body parts.  No thanks, I'll stay in sales. Those who serve and protect have my utmost respect.  Thanks to those here and everywhere who do.

Tks hang,

i get 200 hrs a year Vacation but hardly took any when i was a young mbr.  I have about 600 hrs in my bank.   ive worked 10 outta 12 christmas breaks for those with kids.  Now that i have a little dude i hope the favor is returned.  

love what i do.   Can you imagine my reasoning with people.  They would just tire and tap out.  Lol. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

From what I understand kane always liked to party, from high school on. Seguin, again from what I understand didnt start partying until the summer they won the cup. That, if true, is pretty significant and poses a different kind of problem.

Its like the smart kids in school who never drink, go to university and drop out at christmas bc they become booze hounds.   Balance in life.  

[/QUOTE]
    Funny you should say this Shupe. Although I wasn't a scholar, but more of a jock who didn't apply himself. If I studied I did well. If I didn't; I didn't do well at all. I wasn't a teenage drinker, or did any drugs. I saw a better angle where my friends parents would give me their cars to drive on the weekends, because my rep got out that I went to all the parties that their kid was going to and I would drive them home with their car sober. The even better angle was making out with all the hot chicks when they were drunk! Heh,heh! 

Then I went to college at 26 & started hanging out with the younger kids of 19-23. Didn't drop out, but I certainly became a "booze hound". I went on a 8day bender & man did I ever feel it when the withdrawls kicked in!  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

From what I understand kane always liked to party, from high school on. Seguin, again from what I understand didnt start partying until the summer they won the cup. That, if true, is pretty significant and poses a different kind of problem.

Its like the smart kids in school who never drink, go to university and drop out at christmas bc they become booze hounds.  Balance in life.  

[/QUOTE]
    Funny you should say this Shupe. Although I wasn't a scholar, but more of a jock who didn't apply himself. If I studied I did well. If I didn't; I didn't do well at all. I wasn't a teenage drinker, or did any drugs. I saw a better angle where my friends parents would give me their cars to drive on the weekends, because my rep got out that I went to all the parties that their kid was going to and I would drive them home with their car sober. The even better angle was making out with all the hot chicks when they were drunk! Heh,heh! 

Then I went to college at 26 & started hanging out with the younger kids of 19-23. Didn't drop out, but I certainly became a "booze hound". I went on a 8day bender & man did I ever feel it when the withdrawls kicked in!  

[/QUOTE]

i started early.  14.  Just a few beer would do the trick before the school dance.  Got caught underage drinking at 16.  310 was the fine.   I played all rep hockey and that kinda kept me straight.  Went to university play varsity hockey.  In my last year we were favored to repeat as CIS champs.  We went out in round one.   17 days me and my roomie went.  The last day was at the college social club that i also worked.  It was pitcher day for 5 bucks starting at noon.  We made it till midnight on day 17.  He looks at me and says i need sleep.  Longest hardest bender ive ever been on.   I drank a lot growing up.  Hardly drink ever now.   Great memories.  Or what i can remember.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i started early.  14.  Just a few beer would do the trick before the school dance.  Got caught underage drinking at 16.  310 was the fine.   I played all rep hockey and that kinda kept me straight.  Went to university play varsity hockey.  In my last year we were favored to repeat as CIS champs.  We went out in round one.   17 days me and my roomie went.  The last day was at the college social club that i also worked.  It was pitcher day for 5 bucks starting at noon.  We made it till midnight on day 17.  He looks at me and says i need sleep.  Longest hardest bender ive ever been on.   I drank a lot growing up.  Hardly drink ever now.   Great memories.  Or what i can remember.  

[/QUOTE]

That's an insane stretch! 

I had a few "don't remember" instances too. Woke up one Fri morning breast's up on someone's lawn covered in snow from the previous night's snow storm. Was on my way to a house party with my buddy, but my buddy passed out apparently & I tried to get to the party on my own. I didn't make it! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment: [/QUOTE] i have backed it with respectful debates.   Its dominated the boards made counter pts to my battle.  

I hear pig jokes, donuts, that canada is a 3rd world nation that lives in igloos [/QUOTE]

Lopping wooden ships in with Vietman is not being respectful and you know it.

I have never met anyone refer to Canadians as "still living in Igloos" ever.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

i have backed it with respectful debates.   Its dominated the boards made counter pts to my battle.  

I hear pig jokes, donuts, that canada is a 3rd world nation that lives in igloos [/QUOTE]

Lopping wooden ships in with Vietman is not being respectful and you know it.

I have never met anyone refer to Canadians as "still living in Igloos" ever.

[/QUOTE]

You need to youtube the Rick Mercer report where he asks American's about Canada.