PC ARE YOU ALIVE!!!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: PC ARE YOU ALIVE!!!?

Now that's a rant good stuff!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Not sure what your beef with Ryder is, he's finally playing well! But, I agree, Seguin needs more time with better linemates than Paille and Thornton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

nope..sequin is getting only the minutes he deserves..which is actually a demotion to prov....just  doesnt seem to be tough enough and makes absulutely nothing happen....good job julien...40 plus shots two games in a row...great to see...guys were good tonight...real good...give tank a break...need to get rask  some playing time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Well said huntbri. And you speak for lots of B's fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

When he was drafted, commentators who had followed him in juniors said that Seguin may not be quite NHL ready.  From what I have seen, I would say that they were right.  He has not been NHL ready.  It don't care what it takes to make him NHL ready, as long as the team makes it into the playoffs, and Seguin has improved enough to make a positive impact by then.  It doesn't bother me if he spends a few more games in the press box or gets 10 minutes a game just as long as he improves. 

Huntbri, you say that because Seguin was in the shootout that he must have been alright to play in the third period.  That's quite an assumption, don't you think?  There's a big difference between skating in alone on a goalie and playing 5 on 5. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Seguin needs to learn to play without the puck. Right now for much of his shift he's just following the play around looking for the puck to come loose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I see Seguin open alot on defensive zone breakouts and no one passes him the puck...watch during the next few games. You will see what I am talking about. He is wide open many times.
    I have seen that he has become a bit more physical. I am not looking for too much this year. Next season we should start to see a lot more. He is physically overmatched right now. I would expect him to fill out much like Stamkos. When that happens, look out!
    Doc

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Hall was allowed to work out his kinks, because the team isnt going anywhere, he is one of the best players on the team currently.. Not really a good comparison unless your ok with the bruins throwing away a season or two to let seguin get minutes to develop his game..

Everyone had high expectations of seguin, numbers in their heads that he would hit, and now that he isnt its the coach's fault..He is 18, he is the youngest player in the NHL I believe and is going to take some time, he is being handled just fine. I am sure he knows there are plans for him to be involved in the future of the franchise for a long time..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

The problem is Julien wants to mold him into another Bergeron, not Stamkos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

2 most annoying anti-Tyler arguments:

"i guess you want the Bruins to throw away the season so that this kid can develop?"

and

"i don't know why people expected an 18 year old to dominate in his first NHL season."

obnoxious, know-nothingism from folks who would have given Bledsoe his job back once he was healthy.

3rd: "if a player is so weak that a coach affects his confidence then maybe he doesn't belong in the NHL"

"i never played a sport"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: PC ARE YOU ALIVE!!!?:
    [QUOTE]2 most annoying anti-Tyler arguments: "i guess you want the Bruins to throw away the season so that this kid can develop?" and "i don't know why people expected an 18 year old to dominate in his first NHL season." obnoxious, know-nothingism from folks who would have given Bledsoe his job back once he was healthy. 3rd: "if a player is so weak that a coach affects his confidence then maybe he doesn't belong in the NHL" =  "i never played a sport"
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

No I don't want them to throw the season away just so this kid can develop!!! It is a balance.  How can you get him fairly consistent minutes and develop him while still winning games?  I will agree his puck recovery needs to improve so perhaps he does play 4th line but maybe he gets power play time which should be more about puck control.  His shot and passing should be effective on the power play if you put him on with a Lucic or Horton instead of Rechhi and Ryder. Bottom line find a way to develop him and his confidence that also helps the team.  That is your job as coach Clod (the man in charge for the biggest collapse in 30 years). Why is he still there again?

Seguin either needs to get more power play time or he needs to get consistent minutes on a offensive line for a 10 game stretch to decide whether he deserves minutes or not.  At 18 if he plays 15 minutes one night and 7 minutes another and then gets benched for long stretches, what is going to happen when he finally gets to play?  Exactly what is happening now - he tries too hard, panics and looks lost trying to play his game while also trying to play fathead's system. Anyone who thinks Seguin should not play more minutes is drinking the CJ kool-aid. Again you will all get what you deserve in the play-offs AGAIN!!!  I am not saying at 18 that Seguin is going to lead us to the promised land this year, but relying on Ryder and even Rechhi (I respect this guy big time but having him as one of your main go to guys is an issue) to get us there means another 2nd round exit at best. Find a place that Seguin can play where he can add offense (again maybe it is more power play time) .  This will hopefully help his development and confidence and give Boston another weapon to go with Lucic etc.  It is fine to have guys like Ryder to add to your offense but he gets  guaranteed minutes including power play time even though his effort is inconsistent.  CJ is a typical veteran player's coach, Ryder can float and still get ice but Seguin has to play on pins and needles, knowing if he makes a mistake he will be on the bench.  You can't do this to your potential franchise player.  Clod should have been fired after the embarrassing collapse last year but we kept him on why - so he could potentially ruin our greatest asset!!!?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

No he isn't alive or at least not awake.

For G sake he signed him for 5 years, not 2 or even 3, just like he did to too many players, too many years for too much money so he cannot release him or them.

Cj will be able to do what he wants with the players as he is winning. Last year he went thru injuries and it caused hardships on all players to try to do too much and they failed and Cj showed he cannot coach against adversity (albeit his was larger than most) and he cannot coach against pressure even being up 3-0 then 3-0 in game 7, that was a classic of being outcoached.

Part of it is the media and analysts saying over and over how great Rec is playing, switch his mins with Seg including PP and PK and the numbers will turn around. Rec is tied with Thorn and March with 9 even strength points and 1 more than Seg's 8.  March has 4, Berg and Camp 2 and Chara has 1 SH point, meaning Camp, March and Thorn have as many points as Rec while even or less.

Rec is playing big mins but his play is deteriorating and he is not sitting.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Seg no Stamkos but maybe a Francis or Ratelle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Seguin is going to be a bust.. he just doesnt look good at all.

Care to put some money on this statement?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

You can't realistically judge TS at this point.  Look at Jumbo JOe-his rookie year was worse than Seguins and regardless of his time in Boston, he has had a pretty productive career.

I am not a huge Claude fan, but he is doing the right thing with Seguin.  Tyler is not NHL caliber right now.  He is being brought along slowly.  I think (and hope) he develops into the stud everyone hopes he can be.

Bashing Claude for limiting Seguins role just doesn't make sense.

Now if you were to mention Claude should juggle the lines or how about putting other players on the ice during 4on4 OT besides Recchi...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Another stupid and moronic post that when placed in the proper context has absolutely no truth or merit. Seguin is 18 year old rookie and is ice time must be earned. Do yourself a favour and cancel this silly post!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]as a matter of fact I would place a PUT on Seguin 2 years out right now. He does not have the gonads to play this game at this level.. he is TIMID at best, and looks way out of his element. I know he is 18, I just don't see it in him. sorry, now Kampfer... he is going to be the real deal.. he looks great, IMHO
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

seguin is a bust and kampfer is the real deal. that's the funniest thing i've heard in quite a while. so which is it, are you a comedian or a scout for the leafs. i think you have a good career ahead of you either way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Now that's a rant good stuff!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Imagine this forum if Seguin went on a 2 game stretch at -5 like Hall is"working through" in Edmonton.It makes no difference what CJ does with Seguin,Rask,or any player for that matter.Win or lose,he'll get ripped by us fans immediately after the game anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC ARE YOU ALIVE!!!? : Imagine this forum if Seguin went on a 2 game stretch at -5 like Hall is"working through" in Edmonton.It makes no difference what CJ does with Seguin,Rask,or any player for that matter.Win or lose,he'll get ripped by us fans immediately after the game anyway.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Excellent point about Hall. Why aren't all the Seguin bashers clamoring for the guy who went #1 instead? Because they're both essentially kids and need time to develop their talent. Not everyone--scratch that--not ANYONE--can be Bobby Orr and light the league on fire as an 18-year old.

Seguin will be a terrific player...he's got the speed and skills and just needs to learn the game at the NHL level, which is a process. I personally wish CJ would give him more ice time to try it out--especially on the PP and especially on 4 on 4 situations when he can leave guys in his wake w/all that open ice.

Just can't imagine some people here saying he's already a  "bust". Makes no sense at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wow, some harsh fans. Geeze, give Seguin more than a half a season. Besides, the Bruins have another lottery pick coming up courtesy of the Leafs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I'm so sick of the front office lack of desire to win.  PC and CJ have no pulse or urgency, and their team plays that way.  Great, they lay a handfull of eggs and then play harder for wins.  Time to wake up, if this team is so talented they should win more consistently.  If they cant win and bring effort consistently, the coach should be gone (he should have been gone after last years 10 gm losing streak and playoff debacle).  If people think it's not the coaches fault, then PC should go since he's had 4 years + in town and the team is stuck as a first or second round playoff team.

One of the things that drives me nuts about CJ is his all D system.  Somebody clue him in that it takes defense AND offensive play to win games.  CJ holds back so many of our offensive guys including Seguin.