PC landing Clarkson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

PC landing Clarkson?

Bob McKenzie: "New Jersey isn't peddling hard-rock winger David Clarkson but his minutes played have fallen off lately under Jacques Lemaire. Other teams are taking note and curious to see what it might take to pry him out of there."

Highly doubt it, but would be a nice addition. Plays a very Bruin game, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: PC landing Clarkson?

I'd love to see Clarkson on the Bruins.  We'd have to send over a roster player or two to make room on the roster and in the cap.  This isn't what I'd consider a fair trade, but Ryder for Clarkson would create roster room and keep us under the cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: PC landing Clarkson?:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to see Clarkson on the Bruins.  We'd have to send over a roster player or two to make room on the roster and in the cap.  This isn't what I'd consider a fair trade, but Ryder for Clarkson would create roster room and keep us under the cap.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    I wonder if it's natural instinct for all of us to think of Ryder being dealt whenever we envision a deal going down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Clarkson is a decent player and I truly like him.  But there is no room for him.  He plays with heart, fights all comers, scores some and would look excellent in Boston.  I like him a lot.  I mean a lot. 
    Sadly....No room. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/trade_machine.php?team1=5&team2=20&date=2011-02-21&quick_launch=2011-02-28

Paille and Boychuk would do it but there goes PCs depth on defense so I say no. I like Clarkon's get under your skin attitude need that for the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to PC landing Clarkson?:
    [QUOTE]Bob McKenzie: "New Jersey isn't peddling hard-rock winger David Clarkson but his minutes played have fallen off lately under Jacques Lemaire. Other teams are taking note and curious to see what it might take to pry him out of there." Highly doubt it, but would be a nice addition. Plays a very Bruin game, too.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Is there anything in the quote/article that mentions the Bruins, Bruins interest, Peter Chiarelli, or your headline?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PC landing Clarkson? : Is there anything in the quote/article that mentions the Bruins, Bruins interest, Peter Chiarelli, or your headline?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

"Highly doubt it" but "would be a nice addition."

NAS, what has happened to you in the last few weeks? Your game is disappearing a la Horton, but at least he has a smile on his face.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC landing Clarkson? : "Highly doubt it" but "would be a nice addition." NAS, what has happened to you in the last few weeks? Your game is disappearing a la Horton, but at least he has a smile on his face.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Does MacKenzie say that, or is that a quote from you?  If MacKenzie said it, I fully apologize.  It doesn't read that way.

Nothing happened to me.  I'm the same!  Talking hockey with hockey people, hounding Chowdakid until he mans up or disappears (again), and clicking on threads that create something from nothing...and exposing them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC landing Clarkson? : I wonder if it's natural instinct for all of us to think of Ryder being dealt whenever we envision a deal going down.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

haha I see your point, but I'm not saying that would happen.  I'm just saying that that would create roster space and keep us under the cap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]In and clicking on threads that create something from nothing...and exposing them.
    Confirmed. Pompous moron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

No thank you. He isn't what we need. I love the way the guy plays, but if we need anything, it is a scoring winger. Clarkson isn't that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC landing Clarkson? : haha I see your point, but I'm not saying that would happen.  I'm just saying that that would create roster space and keep us under the cap.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    I only mentioned it because I thought the exact same thing as you.Clarkson would be a great Ryder replacement but I won't hold my breath.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I don't think we need Clarkson with the current roster. Besides, could we not wait until all the new guys have at least played ONE game as a Bruin before we start with the "it would be nice if we could get..." bull?

I honestly think we have everything we need to make out of the East. As for it actually happening, we'll have to see how this team meshes together. But I think if all of our top guys can actually be our top guys, then on any given night, we can take anyone on in the East.

Make it to the cup final and we'll see from there! But enough with the trades... at least for now!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'd love to see Clarkson here & I hope PC does something to bring a player like that in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC landing Clarkson? :  and clicking on threads that create something from nothing...and exposing them.

The only thing my post created was discussion. Look back, what else did I do? I gave you the quote and my take. That's it. What was there to expose?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I do like Clarkson but we do not need him...maybe next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

He makes roughly 2.7M, his highest goal total is 17 and his second highest is 11. His highest point total is 32, his second highest is 24. This year, he has 8G 4A 12PTS. At 2.7M, not exactly a lot of bang for the buck...quite the opposite.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]He makes roughly 2.7M, his highest goal total is 17 and his second highest is 11. His highest point total is 32, his second highest is 24. This year, he has 8G 4A 12PTS. At 2.7M, not exactly a lot of bang for the buck...quite the opposite.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Very true. It takes gusto to buy low and sell high. His value has to be as low as its going to get now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Absolutely, and he is sending both Boychuck and Thornton

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I don't want to be a glutton so far I am happy with the transaction. PC said on the Boston blog that he is still listening to offers. I think he PC will not be making the phone calls but will remain in the drivers seat by answering the telephone and emails. Kaberle is one the biggest gutsy moves that PC has done since being a GM. With 7 days left the only trade bait left is Ryder Paille Hamil Penner this would be a tough sell cause they are UFA's and RFA's. The Bruins roster is very solid since these trades and now the ball is in CJ's court. When a team can put Seguin on a healthy scratch list with 7 healthy d men on the roster, I am not complaining. I am knocking on wood for this line up.Innocent

Could be the HABS with a bone shattered d fence along with a coward who hides behind Gill's skirt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I might say it, all the way to Feb 28th (after which he can't be sent down) but PC can send Seguin to Junior and free up a lot of Cap Space.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a bit brutal for the kid, not saying i don't hope for him every shift he's out there, but he will be fine. The moment is now for the Bruins - Chara, Recchi, Thomas aren't getting any younger - it would be in the best interests of the team.

Besides, I think the writing is on the wall - Julien is going to use Seguin...begrudgingly, sparingly, maddeningly over the next weeks and into the Playoffs.

Seguin's best service to the Bruins, right now, might be in Junior

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Sending Seguin to Juniors would only add an effective $1M to the Bruins' acquisition space.  That would bring them up to $2M (as the maximum yearly salary of a player they could trade for).  I'm not sure that's enough to be useful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Seguin's Cap hit, for accounting purposes right now, is about $3.5 million
    because of the bonuses he could potentially earn (but actually never
    will).

If Seguin were sent to Junior his entire salary comes off the Bruins' cap.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

None of the sites that track cap hits count bonuses until after the season ends (which is the proper way to handle it - going over the cap due to bonues affects next year, not this year).
    Right now, the Bruins can get a player worth $1.3M based on $0.344M in LTIR space.  'Trade' Seguin and they have $0.572M in LTIR space - or $2.16M for a yearly cap hit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Next season is the final year of the CBA and in the final year, there is no Performance Bonus Cushion, which is a mechanism that allows cap teams to over spend the cap by a certain percentage of bonuses scheduled to be paid out and carry forward a mortgage of sorts against the following year's cap.

But there's no carryover allowed next year, so every contract gets charged to the cap on its face value, including unearned bonuses.