PC landing Clarkson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: PC landing Clarkson?

Next year, yes, they get charged face value (unless the CBA gets extended first). How does that effect this year, aside from hitting bonuses this year being doubly painful next year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: PC landing Clarkson?:
    [QUOTE]Clarkson is a decent player and I truly like him.  But there is no room for him.  He plays with heart, fights all comers, scores some and would look excellent in Boston.  I like him a lot.  I mean a lot.  Sadly....No room. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

If Bruin's management likes Clarkson as much as you do...they'll make room !

Room is niot he issue...filling Boston's needs is. Another tough 15 goal /year scorer is niot what we need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

was wondering the other day if we have enough toughness through the lineup to go deep in playoffs -the Richards and Walker incidents of the past 2 playoffs make you ask...

a banger who can check effectively ( sorry, Thorts can fight but his hits are pretty soft ) would be a nice add at this stage

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I might say it, all the way to Feb 28th (after which he can't be sent down) but PC can send Seguin to Junior and free up a lot of Cap Space. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a bit brutal for the kid, not saying i don't hope for him every shift he's out there, but he will be fine. The moment is now for the Bruins - Chara, Recchi, Thomas aren't getting any younger - it would be in the best interests of the team. Besides, I think the writing is on the wall - Julien is going to use Seguin...begrudgingly, sparingly, maddeningly over the next weeks and into the Playoffs. Seguin's best service to the Bruins, right now, might be in Junior
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

i can't even begin to understand why anyone would think of sending seguin to juniors. why not just strip him naked and shoot him in the nuts. that would be about as productive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think we need Clarkson with the current roster. Besides, could we not wait until all the new guys have at least played ONE game as a Bruin before we start with the "it would be nice if we could get..." bull? I honestly think we have everything we need to make out of the East. As for it actually happening, we'll have to see how this team meshes together. But I think if all of our top guys can actually be our top guys, then on any given night, we can take anyone on in the East. Make it to the cup final and we'll see from there! But enough with the trades... at least for now!
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

i completely agree with this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The Bruins just acquired 3 new players that really round out the roster.  We're already going to have a tough time fitting Seguin in.

For what it's worth, I think this would be a decent option if Kelly hadn't been brought into the fold.  Kelly looked timid in his first game, but hoping to see him settle down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins just acquired 3 new players that really round out the roster.  We're already going to have a tough time fitting Seguin in. For what it's worth, I think this would be a decent option if Kelly hadn't been brought into the fold.  Kelly looked timid in his first game, but hoping to see him settle down.
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]

Timid, or strange? I mean just hours before he was kidding around with his old teammates! I expected NOTHING from Kelly for that game except to take up space & give some others a rest. He performed amazingly considering the circumstances!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Forget about this trade happening. David Clarkson has a annual cap hit of $2,666,667. The B's simply do not have the cap space to work out this deal.

In Response to PC landing Clarkson?:
    [QUOTE]Bob McKenzie: "New Jersey isn't peddling hard-rock winger David Clarkson but his minutes played have fallen off lately under Jacques Lemaire. Other teams are taking note and curious to see what it might take to pry him out of there." Highly doubt it, but would be a nice addition. Plays a very Bruin game, too.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

The Bruins just don't have star scorers.  Not one.

Who has won the Cup recently without ONE top flight goal scorer?.

There aren't even any real STARS upfront given the decline of Krejci

Nice solid 20+ goal scorers? Absolutely. Nice playmakers? Absolutely.

But not even a SINGLE superstar/star.

Bs were DESPERATE for a puck mover on the back end so I get the Kaberle move. Nice job plugging a huge hole.

This is a team solidly prepared for 2 rounds in the playoffs.  Solidly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins just don't have star scorers.  Not one. Who has won the Cup recently without ONE top flight goal scorer?. There aren't even any real STARS upfront given the decline of Krejci Nice solid 20+ goal scorers? Absolutely. Nice playmakers? Absolutely. But not even a SINGLE superstar/star. Bs were DESPERATE for a puck mover on the back end so I get the Kaberle move. Nice job plugging a huge hole. This is a team solidly prepared for 2 rounds in the playoffs.  Solidly.
    Posted by dogwhacker[/QUOTE]

If Kaberle comes through for us and dishes out good solid passes, our offense will shine through. The forwards we have CAN put the puck in the net...when given a chance to!

Those who want PC to trade for Richards or any other highly paid top socrer don't understand  today's game and cap limitations. To get Richards we'll have to downgrade our 3rd and second lines to minimum wage players.

AS a BRUIN fan...that's not what I want !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins just don't have star scorers.  Not one. Who has won the Cup recently without ONE top flight goal scorer?. There aren't even any real STARS upfront given the decline of Krejci Nice solid 20+ goal scorers? Absolutely. Nice playmakers? Absolutely. But not even a SINGLE superstar/star. Bs were DESPERATE for a puck mover on the back end so I get the Kaberle move. Nice job plugging a huge hole. This is a team solidly prepared for 2 rounds in the playoffs.  Solidly.
    Posted by dogwhacker[/QUOTE]
    Chicago had just one 30 goal scorer and five 20 goal scorers if you consider that to be top-flight.I'm sure you'll tell me the numbers don't apply to them for some reason or another.