PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger

Yesterday I was listening to the radio going back and forth between 2 sports radio stations. When I flipped back to the one station PC was on talking about the Bruins.
    One thing that caught my attention in what he said was Seguin looks taller and grown an inch over the summer. He also said that Seguin was bigger ( stronger )from the workouts over the summer. He said that he watched Seguin on the ice last week and he hasn't lost any speed from growing and his skill level was just amazing ( don't recall the exact words used but you get the idea ).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger

He must be eating his Wheaties.

But honestly at almost 200pds with his build he is going to be a beast this year. I like the kids work ethic and training with BioSteel is no joke. I have been watching videos of how they train on ice and off ice its real intense.

I hope he gets a chance to breakthrough on the Bergy-Marchand line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Just what we all hoped for. Biosteel/Gary Roberts tuteledge is just what Seguin could use as he continues to grow and mature.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I hope he does too, but I think he needs to earn it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger:
    [QUOTE]     He must be eating his Wheaties.

Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Always eat your Wheaties.
    Wheat is good for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

our boy is becoming a man. can't wait to see what he brings to the table this year. there was never any doubt about his skill level, it was his size(or lack thereof) that compromised his skill. imagine the scoring balance on each line, with him added into the mix! october cannot get here soon enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

He's been in the restaurant a few times in the past couple of weeks. He is definitely bigger and is pretty ripped. I'm very excited to watch his development continue this year. I think he take a big step forward.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

I hope the added weight, muscle and 1 year older give him the confidence to expand on his physical game... looked a little tentative in year one which was to be expected. i think he would benefit being on a line with a physical presence ( 17, 18  22...no offence to 63 and 37 but those guys dont put fear on opponents faces (physical intimidation wise).. i think with a little space he would flourish.
    Go Bruins!!

BBB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The Stamkos trend continues...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As a fan I much enjoy hearing about this kind of stuff rather than some other guy who I hear NOTHING about working out in the off season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I was expecting to see Seguin with more muscle this year. One inch taller, No.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah...you'd hear lots about him being in restaurants though!  Like, Homer Simpson, oh-my-god-they've-shaved-an-ape visits to IHOP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]I hope the added weight, muscle and 1 year older give him the confidence to expand on his physical game... looked a little tentative in year one which was to be expected. i think he would benefit being on a line with a physical presence ( 17, 18  22...no offence to 63 and 37 but those guys dont put fear on opponents faces (physical intimidation wise).. i think with a little space he would flourish. Go Bruins!! B B B
    Posted by NorthernB[/QUOTE]

I like this idea as well.  I don't want to split up Horton and Lucic, but it seems to me that putting Seguin with Krejci and one of the two, most likely Lucic, would add diversity to the lineup.  At the very least I think they should look at this at some point in time.

I also want to agree with the poster who said, 'make hime earn it', in regards to a promotion.  At the same time however, if he is not in the top 6 I will question wheter he 'didn't earn it' or if Julien is simply being stubborn.  Everything I've seen so far from this kid tells me he has the skill and work ethic to seize any opportunity laid in front of him.  I obviously don't think he's a No 1 center yet, but if Krejci got injured, my first choice would be to slide this kid, with his talent and drive, into that position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

No mean to insult Kessel but compare to Seguin he will look like a salvation army player...and Brian Burke will go nuts ...Seguin + Dougie Hamilton and didnt we get also Spooner in that deal ??? ...what was he thinking ???  I say this is probably the best move from Chiarelli

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]No mean to insult Kessel but compare to Seguin he will look like a salvation army player...and Brian Burke will go nuts ...Seguin + Dougie Hamilton and didnt we get also Spooner in that deal ??? ...what was he thinking ???  I say this is probably the best move from Chiarelli Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Knight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Rather then figuring out where he slots on the wing, I would rather the bruins move him to center.. First line is in tact, the bergeron line would look well with caron on the wing.. A move that puts seguin on center, and sees him on the PP would be more enticing to me.. I dont want him converted to wing long term, ala kessel...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

...and I stopped growing when I was 16 years old.  That is just not fair.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]He must be eating his Wheaties. But honestly at almost 200pds with his build he is going to be a beast this year. I like the kids work ethic and training with BioSteel is no joke. I have been watching videos of how they train on ice and off ice its real intense. I hope he gets a chance to breakthrough on the Bergy-Marchand line.

I don't get why everyone is "hoping" he'll make the second line. First Line or bust is my motto for Tyler. I really like DK, but I'd prefer Tyler as the #1 Center.

With Bergy fully back from concussion as your #2, and if Seguin is what we all hope, then what can we trade Krejci for? hummmm. I'd really like Shea Webber in town. DK and a package. Nashville gets a cost effective #1 Center, one of our D - Boychuk, and picks, we get Webber who doesn't want to stay there. Bruins can afford him. 

Yes, I dream in techno color, but why not. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger : I don't get why everyone is "hoping" he'll make the second line. First Line or bust is my motto for Tyler. I really like DK, but I'd prefer Tyler as the #1 Center. With Bergy fully back from concussion as your #2, and if Seguin is what we all hope, then what can we trade Krejci for? hummmm. I'd really like Shea Webber in town. DK and a package. Nashville gets a cost effective #1 Center, one of our D - Boychuk, and picks, we get Webber who doesn't want to stay there. Bruins can afford him.  Yes, I dream in techno color, but why not. 
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Holy getting ahead of yourself there batman. I like a 100% developed 30-60-90 Seguin over DK, but I'd like to see him put together at least consistent 1/4 of year before even giving him 2nd line minutes at this point.

Like everyone has said he needs to earn it and the X factor for him is injuries. If something happens he might find himself the #1 Center this year. You never know its one of the reasons I'm so pumped for the upcoming season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger : Holy getting ahead of yourself there batman. I like a 100% developed 30-60-90 Seguin over DK, but I'd like to see him put together at least consistent 1/4 of year before even giving him 2nd line minutes at this point. Like everyone has said he needs to earn it and the X factor for him is injuries. If something happens he might find himself the #1 Center this year. You never know its one of the reasons I'm so pumped for the upcoming season.

Bruins fans love to trade guys away for players who really havent proven much yet haven't you figure that yet?? I mean 2 years ago it was how dumb PC was for signing thomas, when he could have let him walk, and played Rask (who was still in providence)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger : Holy getting ahead of yourself there batman. I like a 100% developed 30-60-90 Seguin over DK, but I'd like to see him put together at least consistent 1/4 of year before even giving him 2nd line minutes at this point. Like everyone has said he needs to earn it and the X factor for him is injuries. If something happens he might find himself the #1 Center this year. You never know its one of the reasons I'm so pumped for the upcoming season.

Yes, I am getting ahead of meself. We do have to wait and see what TS brings this year before jumping to conclusions. If he is what we all hope for, and that is a BIG IF, then you have to look at getting the most for excess resources. It may all change by next spring, but if Nashville can't lock up Webber, the Bruins could then offer a REAL package for him. Add in Kempfer to the deal. 

As I said, I do dream big. Anaheim had the twin towers in Pronger and Niedermeyer (sp) so why not have Chara and Webber? With Thomas and Rask, you have the back end fixed for many years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC : Seguin, an inch taller and bigger : Yes, I am getting ahead of meself. We do have to wait and see what TS brings this year before jumping to conclusions. If he is what we all hope for, and that is a BIG IF, then you have to look at getting the most for excess resources. It may all change by next spring, but if Nashville can't lock up Webber, the Bruins could then offer a REAL package for him. Add in Kempfer to the deal.  As I said, I do dream big. Anaheim had the twin towers in Pronger and Niedermeyer (sp) so why not have Chara and Webber? With Thomas and Rask, you have the back end fixed for many years.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

I think another major consideration then becomes your 3rd line C if you move Krejci. I Know that having 3 potential #1 centers may be overkill but we saw how important Centre depth was in the playoffs this year. Maybe Spoons? or someone develops?

What about the development of Hamilton as well? So many ifs around this... I think Weber and Chara is slight overkill I'td be around a 14mil D Pairing. Not that it wouldnt be awesome (they are 2 of my favorite players in the league).'

Again having a guy like Seguin on this team adds an entertaining extra storyline to follow with this years returning cup champs, and I am PUMPED!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I think the Bruins have TOO GOOD of a nucleus to mess it up.  Lucic, Horton, Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin - the oldest guy in that bunch is 26!  Keep what we have and try to get a cheap, young defenceman stud who's underproducing on another team.  

Let Chiarelli go shopping.  Trust him.  He's made this into a winner.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]...and I stopped growing when I was 16 years old.  That is just not fair.
    Posted by BruinsIn4[/QUOTE]

Wait till you start getting older. Sideways is next step.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]Rather then figuring out where he slots on the wing, I would rather the bruins move him to center.. First line is in tact, the bergeron line would look well with caron on the wing.. A move that puts seguin on center, and sees him on the PP would be more enticing to me.. I dont want him converted to wing long term, ala kessel...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Seguin is a natural Center & given the potential he showed as a junior I would hope the Bs are going to develop him as a center. I could see him sliding in as the # 3 Center this year while working on his defensive game, his board work & his strenght.

I really hope CJ has the patience with him. He is young & will make mistakes defensively & offensively. But Seguin has the tools & the Bs can have him learning behind 2 very good well rounded centers. I really hope they develop him as a center rather then having him moved to wing so Chris Kelly can play the defensive checking role. Seguin is to important to the future of this franchise for that.