Penguins Beat Bruins Because....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Penguins Beat Bruins Because....

The only way Penguins win is if Bruins suffer a rash of injuries.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Penguins Beat Bruins Because....

Crosby and Malkin are pretty good I've read.  Orpik and Murray hit pretty hard.  Voukon is a man reborn, Tim Thomas style.  But, other than that, they've got nothing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

B's spend too much time in the box. 

Oh and the league and refs want the Pens to win because they're sexier than the B's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Rash of injuries? The Pens have 5 players who got either more or the same amount of points as our top scorer this season, and they had 11 guys hit the twenty point mark vs. Boston's 7. There may be a few other reasons  (including two centres who have combined for three Art Ross trophies, never mind the winger who also has a Ross and two Richards on his resume) that the Pens could win aside from Boston getting hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, some might refer to Kunitz, Neal, Iginla, and Dupuis as decent secondary scoring, in the event that Malkin and Crosby are quiet.

The B's will have to outwork them.  The Islanders did it every game and it gave them a chance despite a massive roster disparity.  The B's are closer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah there is no way this will be a walk for them Fletch - I'm expecting them have to work their butts off for every W. These are possibly the two deepest teams in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

...that's what would happen, if the game was played on paper. thankfully it's not. i really hope the bruins aren't going to bow down to the pens, as many on this site seem to be. i know, i know " it's just a thread to get"... blah, blah,blah. I HATE THE PENGUINS- crybaby cindy and  rat cooke are the only two reasons i need. in my brain, i want them to sweep the pens right the F out of the playoffs. will it happen? who knows? THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME. i still can't believe this is a thread title on a BOSTON BRUINS site.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

B's will need all 4 lines going, a solid PK and Tuukka standing on his head to beat this Pens team.  Seguin and Peverley need to find their game too.

This will be a good measuring stick for Seguin.  It's one thing to dominate in Switzerland.  But, can he do it against elite competition?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

They get to many penalties, allow Pitt to go on their powerplay with all them great skilled players. The bruins not getting a balanced attack on Vokoun. Tuukka having an off series. I think special teams will play a big factor in the series for both teams. When I was up beat during the year I thought the bruins and pens are the two best teams in the east. I felt that way all along.

I feel if the bruins can get physical and punch the pens in the mouth ,just a saying you guys know what I mean.They can try to take Crosby and company of their games, sort of like the flyers did  last year. I know the pens are a different team and have more grit in Murray , Morrow, Iginla, and so on. I know they  have Neal who I like but I think the pens could be had. I didn't say its going to easy it will be a humongous task but I think the bruins could do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Pens loaded to the gills with potential to make you pay with every line combo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Don't like this post Bruins beat Pens post is better,bury this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

...that's what would happen, if the game was played on paper. thankfully it's not. i really hope the bruins aren't going to bow down to the pens, as many on this site seem to be. i know, i know " it's just a thread to get"... blah, blah,blah. I HATE THE PENGUINS- crybaby cindy and  rat cooke are the only two reasons i need. in my brain, i want them to sweep the pens right the F out of the playoffs. will it happen? who knows? THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME. i still can't believe this is a thread title on a BOSTON BRUINS site.   

To be fair, there were two threads started at the same time, forging objective conversation.  I hate them also and want to see the Bruins finish what the Islanders couldn't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

To be fair, there were two threads started at the same time, forging objective conversation.  I hate them also and want to see the Bruins finish what the Islanders couldn't.

Amen to that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Don't like this post Bruins beat Pens post is better,bury this one.

I think that's actually what DB meant meaning something along the lines of the only way the Pens can beat the Bruins is because...  His title supports the B's.  We can see it in his initial post.  It's just worded it differently.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

B's spend too much time in the box. 

Oh and the league and refs want the Pens to win because they're sexier than the B's.

BINGO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Are Bruins bigger underdogs in this series then the Vancouver series?  I don't mean only in the media but personal opinion.  Vancouver looked pretty unstoppable before that series, Pens are a deeper team then they were.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Oh and the league and refs want the Pens to win 

Reads like a null post..............with a different team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Rash of injuries? The Pens have 5 players who got either more or the same amount of points as our top scorer this season, and they had 11 guys hit the twenty point mark vs. Boston's 7. There may be a few other reasons  (including two centres who have combined for three Art Ross trophies, never mind the winger who also has a Ross and two Richards on his resume) that the Pens could win aside from Boston getting hurt.

Good post red ...realistic ...and you forgot ...the BRUINS have PEV

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If Rask out duels Vokon Bruins win. Not asking for Rask to shutout the Pens , if Bruins offense can score jut enough , Rask can keep them in most games .  Games could look like 4-3 , 5-4 , 3-2 , 4-2 etc....  hopefully the first digit will be the Bruins score 4x.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I was thinking of some of the great chances the Bruins had in the Rangers series and Lundqvist made some incredible saves, with that being said Vokoun is no Lundqvist, Bruins in 6 if we get good PK and a hot Tuukka. Im not scared of the Pens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Lucicfan, if your not afraid of the Pens then you need to come back down to earth & smell some reality, because you should be. What bugs me is how everyone says the regular season doesn't matter, but yet they bring up how the B's were 0-3 against them in the season in the next sentence. The other thing is they mention is how every goal was only a difference of 1 goal, but the B's never faced this Pens team. Well the Pens never faced this Bruins team either. It's 2011 all over again. Back then the Canucks was the "Poster Child"now it's the Pens. I think the B's need to play better than they did against the Canucks. Malkin, Neal, Iglina, Murray, Kunitz, Dupuis, Sutter are no Sedins, Burrows, Lapuke, Bieksa, Kesler. The Pens aren't as physical as the B's, but I can tell you this. Brad Marchand won't be using anyone of these guys head as a speedbag & getting away with it. They also have (like it or not) the best player in the world on their team and Malkin is no slouch either. The Bruins need to stay physical every single shift, but stay out of the box. The Pens PP is running at 23-25% I think that's what I saw that in game 5 against the Sens. The B's can win this & I hope they shove it right in Iglina's face, but I can't lie. I do have some doubt. Rask will really have to elevate his game to another level. Which I think he can, but is it this season he does that? I think he'll be better than Vokoun in this series, but sometimes that isn't enough. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeresJohnny. Show HeresJohnny's posts

Our offense can't match Pittsburgh's.  But Krug and our 4th line (great forechecking) are the X factors.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like how the Bruins matchup against the Penguins top 2 lines. I don't like how Boston matches up against Pittsburgh's 3rd line of Matt Cooke-Brandon Sutter-Tyler Kennedy. I would throw Boston's 4th line out against the Pens very potent 3rd line.

The Bruins 4th line deserves a promotion anyways as they have been great.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I like how the Bruins matchup against the Penguins top 2 lines. I don't like how Boston matches up against Pittsburgh's 3rd line of Matt Cooke-Brandon Sutter-Tyler Kennedy. I would throw Boston's 4th line out against the Pens very potent 3rd line.

The Bruins 4th line deserves a promotion anyways as they have been great.

That means Seguin sees less ice, but I agree with the thought. The Merlot line certainly has earned to have more icetime, but I don't know if CJ is willing to increase their roles.