Re: Pens Acquire Murray from SJ

beat me by 8 seconds ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Shero at it again, picking up Douglas Murray from the Sharks:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419077

They are going for it....

That can only mean one thing, The B's are getting Iginla and Boumeester! ;-D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sorry....hard not to call them favorites now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

heh...or Shero is simply more proactive than PC.....I look forward to another Yetiberg sighting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Exactly what pitt needs. A solid rugged dman.  Hmmm guess we couldnt use a guy like that.  Again. Iggy price keeps rising.  Meanwhile we will watch 3 ahl caliber dmen tonight.  

The early bird gets the worm.  Pitt basically is set now.   Tell me the murray pickup isnt bc they may meet the bruins.  Murray loves that style of play.  Really would have liked to nab him.  

bostons move.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Really? I've never been a fan of Murray - not sure he's much of a boost for their lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

That is a nice addition. I wonder if this is the signal that SJ has become a seller.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Really? I've never been a fan of Murray - not sure he's much of a boost for their lineup.

You may not be a fan but hes ideal.  Huge man.  Hits everything.  will fight.  Hes perfect for them Or any team looking to go deep in the playoffs.  I like him a lot.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

heh...or Shero is simply more proactive than PC.....I look forward to another Yetiberg sighting.

Yeah, i think PC is looking to deal but maybe he is not willing to part with certain player/prospects. although i think the B's will make a deal, it might not be who we think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

He adds the snarl and is tough as nails. An Orpik who will actually engage. Not so horrible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Yeah, there are no trades out there, right PC?  Wonder what they traded away?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm waiting till all the trading is done and then we'll bring up the old arguement between these two.  I've been thinking much of the same.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah, i think PC is looking to deal but maybe he is not willing to part with certain player/prospects. although i think the B's will make a deal, it might not be who we think.

Shero has no qualms about taking some risk. PC is much more reserved. He will most likely underwhelm with his additions and hope to catch lightning in a bottle again like 2011. Not a horrible strategy per se, just different.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm waiting till all the trading is done and then we'll bring up the old arguement between these two.  I've been thinking much of the same.

Fair enough. I am just going by what they have done/or not done in the past.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Two second rounders apparently. That's all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The Pittsburgh Penguins have reportedly acquired defenceman Douglas Murray from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a pair of second round draft picks."

I like what PC has been doing in the 2nd round lately. I agree with Red, not a cup propelling deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I like what PC has been doing in the 2nd round lately. I agree with Red, not a cup propelling deal.

Just strengthening the bench. Murray is a solid pickup.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shero at it again, picking up Douglas Murray from the Sharks:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419077

They are going for it....

Costly but ideal!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Two second rounders apparently. That's all.

For 2 seconds, in a heart beat!  I would take Murray over Johnson and Bartkowski any day of the week!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bstn2k11. Show bstn2k11's posts

Come on people.  Even with a weak D the Pens are the clear favorite to come out of the East.  I hate to say it.. but the B's are a little overrated this year.  they're certainly not the team that could put up points like last year.  How many times have they scored over 4 goals?  I think it was only once, 5 against Carolina.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I believe PC needs to make a deal to spark or shake up the team, pick which ever word you like better. No the Murray deal is not an earth shattering deal but he's a solid reliable player the kind that can help you win.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bstn2k11's comment:

Come on people.  Even with a weak D the Pens are the clear favorite to come out of the East. 

Go look at Fluery's SV% the last few years in the playoffs. Don't look at his stats in the regular season but his playoff stats. Things change drastically once the playoffs start, Marc-Andre has not preformed up to his potential the last three years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What a deal for Pitt.  Murray is a super heavy hitter.

Douglas Murray Hits

I'm very surprised at the low price San Jose accepted for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

San do you think the Pens have Vokoun in the event that that happens? I could see Vokoun bailing them out.