Pens are Pedestrian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Pens are Pedestrian

Sure the B's have to shut down the big guns and I think they can do it.  But after the superstars, the roster is full of dime a dozen players:

Craig Adams - 1996 9th Rd pick #223 overall
    Matt Cooke - 1997 6th Rd #144
    Pascal Dupuis - undrafted
    Tanner Glass - 2003 9th Rd #265
    Dustin Jeffrey - 2007 6th Rd #171
    Jussi Jokinen - 2001 6th Rd #192
    Tyler Kennedy - 2004 4th Rd #99
    Chris Kunitz - undrafted
    Joe Vitale - 2005 7th Rd #195
    Mark Eaton - undrafted
    Douglas Murray - 1999 8th Rd #241
    Tomas Vokoun - 1994 9th Rd #226
    Deryk Engelland - 2000 6th Rd #194

That's 13 players either undrafted or taken in the 4th round or later.  Piece of cake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Pens are Pedestrian

In response to hangnail's comment:

Sure the B's have to shut down the big guns and I think they can do it.  But after the superstars, the roster is full of dime a dozen players:

Craig Adams - 1996 9th Rd pick #223 overall
    Matt Cooke - 1997 6th Rd #144
    Pascal Dupuis - undrafted
    Tanner Glass - 2003 9th Rd #265
    Dustin Jeffrey - 2007 6th Rd #171
    Jussi Jokinen - 2001 6th Rd #192
    Tyler Kennedy - 2004 4th Rd #99
    Chris Kunitz - undrafted
    Joe Vitale - 2005 7th Rd #195
    Mark Eaton - undrafted
    Douglas Murray - 1999 8th Rd #241
    Tomas Vokoun - 1994 9th Rd #226
    Deryk Engelland - 2000 6th Rd #194

That's 13 players either undrafted or taken in the 4th round or later.  Piece of cake.

okay, this is all sarcasm right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Scary thing is most of these fwds are pretty clutch.   That didnt help me.  Dupuis kunitz guys given heavy top 6 minutes and produced.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Scary thing is most of these fwds are pretty clutch.   That didnt help me.  Dupuis kunitz guys given heavy top 6 minutes and produced.  

I agree with Hang. It's an incredible nucleus of stars surrounded by mediocrity. The overall team depth of the Bruins will be the reason they win. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

okay, this is all sarcasm right?

[/QUOTE]

Yes and no.  My point is that many people act like they are in awe of the Pens.  I'm just trying to bring them down a notch.  Like dez says the Bruins depth sould be able to handle it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think that has to be the game plan, at least defensively.  Make Kunitz, Dupuis, Kennedy, Adams...make those guys beat you if they can.  Cut out the heart of those top two lines and do what you can to make life as hard as possible for Crosby and Malkin. 

Speaking of pedestrian - I wonder if we'll see the Kelly Gang head to head against one of these lines.  They aren't scoring, but with their speed and defensive hockey sense, Kelly and Peverley (and Seguin) would be an interesting matchup for the Malkin line - shut down passing lanes, don't let them use their physicality with Iginla and Neal, and make them work to chase you when you have the puck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

reasonable comments, but some of these guys have earned their way, just as Campbell and Paille, Kelly and Peverly, and Boychuck and McQuaid. Hopefully some of the Pens will stand around and watch Jagr as some of the Bruins did in his first few weeks. Crosby will be jammering at the refs all the time, but kunitz and Dupuis have taken advantage of his distractions which Claude will emphasize in pre-game. Should be fun to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yes, a ton of experience but Book is right on - getting the right matchups will be critical. There's no way the B's don't challenge the Pens every chance they get - they must try to get them off their game...to the point that I think it will be comical with all the Pen's whining and the officials wondering what just happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I dont think the pens have the advantage. I think its evenly matched. I feel our Defense and Goaltending is better. And we have a great offense. Their offense is better, but that has to do with execution. This series could easily go to game 7. All the games will be close.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well i hope the bruins dont play with that attitude that the so called other 13 are just a dime a dozen players, this is a series where all 4 lines of the bruins will need to be at there best. out of those 13 theres  5 on that team id trade for in this series.

This is not a piece of cake in any means.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

reasonable comments, but some of these guys have earned their way, just as Campbell and Paille, Kelly and Peverly, and Boychuck and McQuaid. 

Good post bogie ........... better then reading about age and injury.

I'm thinking if one looks around the league they'll find the same draft status of most team's for the bottom end of their lineups.

A collection of players who have worked hard to make their mark in the NHL despite not having the pedigree of being drafted high. 

The Pens and Bruins are no different in that regard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think that has to be the game plan, at least defensively.  Make Kunitz, Dupuis, Kennedy, Adams...make those guys beat you if they can.  Cut out the heart of those top two lines and do what you can to make life as hard as possible for Crosby and Malkin. 

Speaking of pedestrian - I wonder if we'll see the Kelly Gang head to head against one of these lines.  They aren't scoring, but with their speed and defensive hockey sense, Kelly and Peverley (and Seguin) would be an interesting matchup for the Malkin line - shut down passing lanes, don't let them use their physicality with Iginla and Neal, and make them work to chase you when you have the puck.

I hope Julien tries to match them up . Begeron will be matched up with Crosby.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I hope Julien tries to match them up . Begeron will be matched up with Crosby.

I guarantee he won't let Crosby slash him after every draw like Giroux did last year. They might be friends off the ice but I suspect Crosby is going to hate Bergeron by next week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd prefer to see the Krejci line vs. the Malkin line. Malkin is prone to letting his frustrations get the best of him. The best way to get him off his game has been said to hit him hard and often. Crosby vs Bergeron is a solid matchup. Those 2 lines were very productive in the East this year. I'm hoping that Jagr is a Penguin killer that will haunt his old team.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins will not have to face a Lunquist in this series and Vocoun is not used to having being shot at like the Bruins will do because they learned from the Ranger series the more they shot they get better chances and hold on to the Puck. The Bruins have better D and goaltender so if they play the way they did vs the Rangers and keep their top players in check we can beat the Pens.

The Bruins have improved in each series so far and the Rangers were one of our toughest teams to beat during the regular season and we did win.The Pens also gave us problems but the this new faster Bruins D and rejuvinated power play can catch the Pens off guard and give us an unseen advantage. Krug and Bartoski should stay in the lineup to keep this speed scoring going on the D and I hope CJ keeps Ference and Redden on the sidelines for awhile longer to see if the young guys can continue.

Speed will be needed to beat the Pens and scoring from the point will be necessary to win. I feel the Bruins have something to prove and they don't want Iggy to win the cup by playing them. The Bruins have the team with good checking and D to stop this bought high end allstar team. For this reason alone I want the Bruins to beat this team and another reason is they beat us in the 90's and I hate these guys. GO BRUINS REVENGE IS ON OUR SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

For game one at least. I'd like to see CJ have Sieds & Chara on the ice whenever Gino & Crosby are. And I do mean separating these 2 guys. Don't do the whole whenever Crosby is on the ice Chara needs to be. If Sieds is out there when Crosby jumps on? Leave him there & vice versa with Malkin. As long as one of them is out there that's all that matters. See what happpens with that.