Pete C's smoke and mirrors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Pete C's smoke and mirrors

You've all been fooled. Pete added a defensively challenged defenseman and two third line players.
    the B's top two lines continue to have as wings the ever underachieving Horton, the ancient Recchi and the rookie Marchaud. If you can convince yourself that is good enough to win playoff games then more power to ya.
    If the B's go one and done, hopefully Pete C. will be too. The Bruins are just not that talented a team. Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors

In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]You've all been fooled. Pete added a defensively challenged defenseman and two third line players. the B's top two lines continue to have as wings the ever underachieving Horton, the ancient Recchi and the rookie Marchaud. If you can convince yourself that is good enough to win playoff games then more power to ya. If the B's go one and done, hopefully Pete C. will be too. The Bruins are just not that talented a team. Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]
    What case are you and Scooby solving next?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors : What case are you and Scooby solving next?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Classic!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Well, they are tops in goals against, and pretty good in goals for, so they added some offense.
    And your whole "if they didn't have tim thomas" argument is dumb, because, well....they do have Tim Thomas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

4th in the league for goals for, 4th for goals against.  Kaberle should help score a few more PP goals as well. We dont need to mention TT and Marchand and Tukka seems to be turning the corner.  The stats do not lie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

We have a new genious on the board, and his name is...uhhh...

"Pumpsiefan"...

He's known for the type of sharp analysis that always kicks off a sincere discussion here, and is not at all a desperate attempt to get attention, like boldly stating "you've all been fooled".

Can we get a minimum age requirement for this forum?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]scooby do, good one. but please do come back after the first playoff series. regular season stats mean squat, as the last few years have proven. everything tightens up in the playoffs and it is twice as hard to creat offense. I just don't think we have the wings to do it. just an opinion.

the question is scoob, will you come back after the 1st round?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : the question is scoob, will you come back after the 1st round?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    No,he's Shaggy.Scooby is the smart one......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Where would Pitt be without Fleury?
    Where would Habs be without Price?

This team is built for a playoff run and I guarantee you Horton nets a few big ones.
    Who's the rookie Marchaud?

Lol at the Scooby dig, you did however really throw Shaggy under the Mystery Machine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Where would Pitt be without Fleury? Where would Habs be without Price? This team is built for a playoff run and I guarantee you Horton nets a few big ones. Who's the rookie Marchaud? Lol at the Scooby dig, you did however really throw Shaggy under the Mystery Machine.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Maybe if he hadn't ridden up in it.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors:[QUOTE]but they do have thomas, and PC was the one that signed his current contract. secondly its MARCHAND. Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Hmm yah where are all the posters that didn't like his contract ? I wonder...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : right here. I HATED that contract, and I thought Thomas was unbelievably over rated. I was wrong, he is a world class goaltender.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    I bet  being wrong never felt so good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Pumpsie, or you can say that PC added an offensive defenseman and replaced "Training Wheels, aka Mr. Softee" with 2 legit players. It's all in how you look at it.

...and Pumpsie ain't going nowhere! He's been here ever since Al Gore invented the internet.

The Scooby Doo joke was the bright point of my day!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : I bet  being wrong never felt so good.

Yah and I can't laugh to hard becuase I wanted PC to get a sniper for TT last summer so yes being wrong does feel real good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Pumpkin, please go back to Habland or wherever you crawled out of. We have 7 other defensemen who can play it safe and gritty forwards are what help win cups...ala Dupuis and Talbot oui oui??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors:
    [QUOTE]You've all been fooled. Pete added a defensively challenged defenseman and two third line players. the B's top two lines continue to have as wings the ever underachieving Horton, the ancient Recchi and the rookie Marchaud. If you can convince yourself that is good enough to win playoff games then more power to ya. If the B's go one and done, hopefully Pete C. will be too. The Bruins are just not that talented a team. Without Thomas having a MVP type season the Bruins would be fighting for a playoff spot.

"defensively challenged".....there's a peronal insult in this definition but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Only 8Mil on Tim's contract so PC better get someone real good for him. At some point PC has to make a decision on letting someone go who he might not want to let go because he has Krejci and Rask to think about next summer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PB37 I am a fan of both TT and TR.  This season has worked out well for Bos in that, had TR led the team, his asking salary next contract would not have been keepable here. As it is, TR is still on a learning curve, higher than most, but TT needs to remain a B until TR prooves he can maintain his play longterm and that is past this summer.

If TR has retaken the #1 by next years trade deadline then I would be willing to test the market for TT's trade value, but would def want more than a Peverley or Kelly for him.

TR needs to become the standup goalie he was throughout the Buf series last year, not the down too early goalie of the Phi series and most of this year. When he can endear his own style then he will be the number 1 in Bos and in the league.

I will hate to see TT go, but it should mean that TR has made him redundant and that will take a lot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pete C's smoke and mirrors : What case are you and Scooby solving next?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Superb!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Ruh Roh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : No,he's Shaggy.Scooby is the smart one......

thanks for setting me straight. i was giving him too much credit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Jesus did u watch the game tonite? defensively challenged kaberle looked pretty good in his own end from were i sat. and as far as those 2 third liners are concerned u said it yourself in the play-offs it gets tight because of players like kelly and peverley. speed kills and these two guys bring it. this team will win playoff games. they are every bit as talented as philly. without thomas- stop right there cause the bruins have thomas so what use is it start talking about if we didnt have him its pointless.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Jesus did u watch the game tonite? defensively challenged kaberle looked pretty good in his own end from were i sat. and as far as those 2 third liners are concerned u said it yourself in the play-offs it gets tight because of players like kelly and peverley. speed kills and these two guys bring it. this team will win playoff games. they are every bit as talented as philly. without thomas- stop right there cause the bruins have thomas so what use is it start talking about if we didnt have him its pointless.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    I got giddy watching Peverly chase down the puck in open ice and was quite surprised how quick both guys got back to their coverage. With Seguin backchecking like he did tonight this team just got a lot faster which is great. Can't wait until they get on the same page( more so).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pete C's smoke and mirrors : I got giddy watching Peverly chase down the puck in open ice and was quite surprised how quick both guys got back to their coverage. With Seguin backchecking like he did tonight this team just got a lot faster which is great. Can't wait until they get on the same page( more so).
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

i hear that callodthedom19. i the first shift that i saw peverley out there i couldn't believe how fast he was. its funny u could just tell that ryder -peverley -kelly were just a step off cause they didnt know were each other was going to be. u could see the occasional errant pass on forecheck. i also said the same thing about seguin under the post "seguin looking really good against Calgary" seguins backcheck was the best part of his game 2nite.