Peter Chiarelli Defends Claude Julien, Says Coach's Job Is Safe This Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudduck72. Show mudduck72's posts

Re: Peter Chiarelli Defends Claude Julien, Says Coach's Job Is Safe This Season

WELL I DONT THINK THEY NEED TO FIRE CJ! WHAT THEY CAN DO IS DEMOTE HIM TO PROV BRUINS AS THERE COACH UNTIL HIS CONTRACT IS UP AND NOW U ARE NOT WASTING JJ MONEY AND BRING IN SOMEONE ELSE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

BRUINS Management will be making a huge mistake if they start trading off players so they can get players to fit in their system.  How about a logical solution like say change the system to fit the players they have.  Instead of getting rid of capable players, how about finding a Coach that can utilize their talents instead of making them into robots.

Hey Islamorada "How much easier is self satisfaction with self gratification."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Note to PC:

Most of us agree that CJ did a nice job with this team turning it around.  With that said we will not think anything less of you for replacing him now.  Every Coach has an expiration date and CJ's was May, 2010.

Hey Islamorada "How much easier is self satisfaction with self gratification."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

So what you are saying is:

It will reflect poorly on PC if trades are made and Julien doesnt help this team rise in the standings.

So... Cam is confident in Julien because he doesnt want to be accountable for another bruins coaching change.

Did i get that right, sandog?

As soon as you threw in the jacobs comment i almost laughed. Everyone talks about how the owners dont care about the bruins, but you throw them in- to care about spending money on the coach. You throw claude under the bus if he fails with any trade. you throw PC under the bus if claude doesnt get fired, and you throw Cam under the bus cause he let PC do all the hirings. Where does it end?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Chiarelli Defends Claude Julien, Says Coach's Job Is Safe This Season:
    [QUOTE]You know, other than the length of CJ's extension, I think PC pretty much got what he needed out of his second coaching hire.  Team had no structure; team has structure.  Team needed to bring in fresh, young talent; team has added Krejci, Lucic, Boychuck, in key roles, plus Marchand, Kampfer, and Caron have had looks.  Team hadn't won a playoff round in a decade; team has won two series and come oh, so close to winning two second round series in two years. Good enough to be satisfied and say yep, let's keep that Julien guy?  Not anymore.  Good enough to say that the results justify the cash out the door?  You know what?  Yeah.  If you look at the cost of screwing up on player salaries vs. the cost of bringing in a coach who will take you a significant step forward if not the final step, I have to think Claude could go and you could consider his remaining paymet nothing more than a bonus he earned.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Well said Book, I have been saying for a long time, that Julien is not the right fit anymore for this team. We all can see that! But who is that guy that is going to take this this team to a championship. Do they even have a candidate? You cannot accuse Jacobs for cheapening out on player salaries , that much we know,but.... ,will he give the okay to make a coaching change , knowing that he will have to pay a significant amount cash to have Julien sit at home or worse....coaching elsewhere. In the end I would hope that having a winning product over a losing product will prevail, and if that means eating Claude's money owed so be it.  It surely will not look good on Chia, but mistakes have been made before, but it would be huge mistake to let Julien have the reins to this team much longer!     

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's the same old story.  Belligerence from Jacobs right on down the chain, even to Dennis Seidenberg, calling the criticism "annoying".

How about playing up to your potential?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Peter Chiarelli Defends Claude Julien, Says Coach's Job Is Safe This Season:
    [QUOTE]BRUINS Management will be making a huge mistake if they start trading off players so they can get players to fit in their system.  How about a logical solution like say change the system to fit the players they have.  Instead of getting rid of capable players, how about finding a Coach that can utilize their talents instead of making them into robots. Hey Islamorada "How much easier is self satisfaction with self gratification."
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the ad campaign, funny too, I was in a cantankerous mood yesterday.  I really do think there is enough talent on the team to get to the second round of the playoffs once again.  The question is CJ's system the best for a berth in the Eastern Conference Finals.  I tend to think not.  Robotic players in the playoffs is a real concern.  Need to find some offense.  Don't sit Seguin anymore, the team is slow enough.  He does actualize pretty well, and his sacrifice to the team should come from playing.  Cheers!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Chiarelli Defends Claude Julien, Says Coach's Job Is Safe This Season : Thanks for the ad campaign, funny too, I was in a cantankerous mood yesterday.  I really do think there is enough talent on the team to get to the second round of the playoffs once again.  The question is CJ's system the best for a berth in the Eastern Conference Finals.  I tend to think not.  Robotic players in the playoffs is a real concern.  Need to find some offense.  Don't sit Seguin anymore, the team is slow enough.  He does actualize pretty well, and his sacrifice to the team should come from playing.  Cheers!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

We're still deciding a "chicken or the egg" question here: Is CJ's system holding this team back or does he not have the right players to be successful in that system?

I think it's more column B than A, altho' a new coach would bring slight improvement--not, certainly, enough to go deep in the playoffs.

Don't we have to admit that this team is too slow, too one-dimensional, strong up the middle but weak on the wings, too dependent on goaltending to win games, and toiling away in a conference with superior talent to really go anywhere as presently constructed?

I know we as Bruins fans hate admitting that stuff--but I think it's pretty well true from a purely onjective standpoint, and unless PC has some genius in him I haven't seen yet, I'm not sure there's much in the way of trades or acquisitions that can be done about it.

(Altho' can we at least get Satan back in the fold?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Posts from TheShepherd are hidden

Stop ignoring TheShepherd ? Why ?

Learn how to read instead of seeing what you want to see then while putting up your 5 worthless threads a day put something on there worth reading huckleberry!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peter Chiarelli Defends Claude Julien, Says Coach's Job Is Safe This Season : We're still deciding a "chicken or the egg" question here: Is CJ's system holding this team back or does he not have the right players to be successful in that system? I think it's more column B than A, altho' a new coach would bring slight improvement--not, certainly, enough to go deep in the playoffs. Don't we have to admit that this team is too slow, too one-dimensional, strong up the middle but weak on the wings, too dependent on goaltending to win games, and toiling away in a conference with superior talent to really go anywhere as presently constructed? I know we as Bruins fans hate admitting that stuff--but I think it's pretty well true from a purely onjective standpoint, and unless PC has some genius in him I haven't seen yet, I'm not sure there's much in the way of trades or acquisitions that can be done about it. (Altho' can we at least get Satan back in the fold?)
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I would say it is more B as well, but like last year the 2011 picks are not worth moving at this point.  So I am inclined to think the coach will be moved at the end of the year if the Bs have another 2nd round exit.  I would disagree on the evaluation of PCs genius.  I thought he was a bafoon draft day 2009.  Then the genius who garnered two first round picks from Toronto a few months later.  Once again I thought the Morris trade and Siedenberg pick up was short changed.  Siedenberg has turned out quite well, and Florida then traded Horton for Wideman.  Now does he have the dynamic personality to cut ties with a coach, I don't think so.  He will stay the course.  So both A and B will be avoided.  I think something should be done soon if the team plays like "Dizzy on ice" the past month or so.  

BTW to others JJ still makes the financial decisions.  Try the Schaeffer contract for one, not a smart move for the team but financially sound.  Philly and other teams eat contracts.  JJ said he would eat Ryder's contract, guess what Sturm is in LA.  Nothing in return.  He will have a difficult time firing CJ for the same reason.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Question for you all ! How much better would the Bruins be with Bourque Playing as a top 3 D-man ? 

The answer is clear...a whole lot better ! The current roster is one of the best
     put together in Boston . Trading everyone won't help.  Adding a 'Bourque' like
    D-Man  (Yandl, Weber, Alzner) would make a whole world of diference.