peter chiarelli's press conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: peter chiarelli's press conference

The #1 priority UFA is obviously Marchand.

If it takes letting both Kaberle and Ryder go to re-sign the Little Ball of Hate, so be it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference:
    [QUOTE]The #1 priority UFA is obviously Marchand. If it takes letting both Kaberle and Ryder go to re-sign the Little Ball of Hate, so be it.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Marchand is a RFA. I just hope they come to terms quickly, because I have a sneaking suspicion that a few teams would present an offer sheet on him if given the chance. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Kaberle will be signed if the price is right. He largely delivered in the final.
    Marchand certainly is the priority. Like he was created from the genes of Ken Linseman and Johnny 'Pie' McKenzie.

BTW, has anyone seen Harry around lately?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle will be signed if the price is right. He largely delivered in the final. Marchand certainly is the priority. Like he was created from the genes of Ken Linseman and Johnny 'Pie' McKenzie. BTW, has anyone seen Harry around lately?
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

Harry was on a duckboat today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Resign everybody, maybe bring Jagr in to play with Krejci

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I too think Kaberle wiil be resigned, at the right price of course. Kaberle said he was stung by the early citicism but got over it. I think he is comfortable here now and with a full training camp will be fine. Whether he accepts less money is the question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

The UFA defensemen PC should sign is Bieksa-the only player besides Kesler worth signing from that team. Vancouver has to sign Bieksa, Salo, Ehrhoff, and Alberts. They are stuck with Ballard for 3 more years @ 4.2M. Bieksa belongs in a Bruins uniform-looks out of place in a Canucks one. Kaberle will make money in the KHL. I doubt anyone in the NHL will pay his current salary after his (at best) average performance and short TOI in the playoffs. Never mind his no contact approach to NHL hockey. Not now, nor will he ever be a "Boston Bruin."
    By the way, Bieksa tied for 2nd in NHL in +/- behind Chara. Imagine Chara, Seidenberg, and Bieksa as a starting 3 next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Would Bieksa's contract be lower than Kaberle's new one?  I doubt it. I would consider it though. *Bieksa isn't a direct replacement for Kaberle because he is a right defenseman.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]
    Bieksa said today that he wants to stay in Vancouver and will take a pay cut if necessary (compared to what he could fetch on the open market).

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Bieksa+willing+take+stay+Vancouver/4966867/story.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Marchand is the priority, Kaberle and Ryder are only resigned at the right price and Bieksa would be a great add but I think he wants to stay in Vancouver.  Kaberle may stay for a reasonable price because he tends to stay where he is.  He never wanted to leave Toronto but he can't go back there.  He is friends with Chara so I can see him wanting to stay in Boston again at a good price and that would be okay with me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

[QUOTE]Would Bieksa's contract be lower than Kaberle's new one?  I doubt it. I would consider it though. *Bieksa isn't a direct replacement for Kaberle because he is a right defenseman.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Since Beiska and Salo are going to stay in Vancouver at or near their present salaries or less, what is a fair price for Kaberle. Remember he plays about 13-15 minutes a game. shuns any kind of contact, and (IMHO) does not really fit in CJ's defensive system. Way overpriced at 4.2M. What's PC's offer going to be?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

How about nabbing Ville Leino from Philly should they overpay for that goalie with the 7 straight consonants in his name?

p.s. Forgot Marchy was an RFA and not a UFA....makes me breathe easier for sure...can't see how the new fan fave could possibly be let go to spread his hate e;sewhere!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : I agree with your entire post and, in case you missed it earlier, my congrats on the win and your new found faith(both were a long time coming).I'm sure we'll go back to arguing eventually but, right now, we can celebrate together. Cheers to us not waiting another 39 years. I'm outta here.Later buddy.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I did indeed see it, Dez, and thank yous all around. I'm still buzzing on this high and can't wait to see the Cup at Fenway today.

I made many toasts in absentia in your honor an for the other forumite friends here who made this remarkable Cup run so much more memorable and engaging.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]How about nabbing Ville Leino from Philly should they overpay for that goalie with the 7 straight consonants in his name? p.s. Forgot Marchy was an RFA and not a UFA....makes me breathe easier for sure...can't see how the new fan fave could possibly be let go to spread his hate e;sewhere!
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

If Philly is going to deal a young goal scorer, I don't think they'll send him to a conference rival.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : If Philly is going to deal a young goal scorer, I don't think they'll send him to a conference rival.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Unlikely , but i thought Leino was an RFA this year, no? If Philly decides goalie is more important maybe he could be had w/the right offer from Boston & philly unwilling to match. It's a long shot to be sure, but I like the kid's game.

I think overall the B's shouldn't go nuts trying to find replacements at fwd (for Recchi)...Caron could be blossom, and if Ryder agrees to a discount he may be worth a re-sign. But as far as who might be had, I like Leino (and Laich out of Wash., altho' I can't see Wash. letting him skate either.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Trade Chara and Thomas right now! There will never have a better time.
    Especially Chara, He seemed tired and slower. He's not worth 9.2m$ by year. He will sink the Bruins for 4 of the next 7 years. In order, the best bruins defensemen in the playoffs were Seide.. Ference, Chara and Boychuk, .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Trade Chara and Thomas right now! There will never have a better time. Especially Chara, He seemed tired and slower. He's not worth 9.2m$ by year. He will sink the Bruins for 4 of the next 7 years. In order, the best bruins defensemen in the playoffs were Seide.. Ference, Chara and Boychuk, .
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]
    Did you bother watching the playoffs or are your rankings based upon post game boxscores? BTW, Chara doesn't get 9.2m in any season of this deal. In fact, his cap-hit is under 7m.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : Did you bother watching the playoffs or are your rankings based upon post game boxscores? BTW, Chara doesn't get 9.2m in any season of this deal. In fact, his cap-hit is under 7m.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2012

7M or 9M, this guy is not faster than Hal Gill.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: peter chiarelli's press conference : http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2012
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]
    http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5&salary_cap_mil=59&salary_cap_thou=4
    His actual salary next season is 8.5m with a cap-hit under 7. Did that link you provided give me a virus along with misinformation? The guys who vote for the Norris don't seemed concerned about who'd win a race between Chara and Gill so why are you(or should I)?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just add Bluechip to the troll 'do not respond' list.  Sometimes a championship seems to cure idiotic posting.  In this case, no.

Chara's game isn't even beginning to recede.  Without a cap problem, why would they get rid of their #1 D-man, annual Norris candidate, team captain, and possibly the best player on the team??  Or, you could just judge him on the results of the team this year...either way...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]Just add Bluechip to the troll 'do not respond' list.  Sometimes a championship seems to cure idiotic posting.  In this case, no. Chara's game isn't even beginning to recede.  Without a cap problem, why would they get rid of their #1 D-man, annual Norris candidate, team captain, and possibly the best player on the team??  Or, you could just judge him on the results of the team this year...either way...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Go cry at your mom you,  Has Been.
    I board no time to lose with you. Add me to your ignore list.

2147 post lolll,   What a waste of time. Loser