Peverly & Soderberg out? Daugavins in? Whatta think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Peverly & Soderberg out? Daugavins in? Whatta think?

I'm surprised a bit, but not shocked. I think Daugavins speed is impressive. Can he be this yrs version of a John Carter? Not heroic, but effective. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: Peverly & Soderberg out? Daugavins in? Whatta think?

I started to twitch at hearing this. Probably better to ask someone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Daugavins has done nothing to deserve this - neither have we fans.

And the last thing the Bruins need is ANOTHER Claude robot, remote-controlled by Claude from the bench, a robot whose main function and preoccupation is 'to not make a mistake'.

No Stars, just talent Claude. You have some good athletes (Hamilton, Soderberg). Use them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why am I thinking of Trent Whitfield all of a sudden?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Why am I thinking of Trent Whitfield all of a sudden?

Because you're Bhab.

Daugavins played with tons of energy last game.  I love the idea of him being in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Perhaps just a little message to Peverley. Daugavins played well last game but I'd be suprised if he is in over Peverley. Soderberg may not have looked good the last few games, but I really like him with Jagr on the power play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Daugavins played with tons of energy last game.  I love the idea of him being in." - NAS

Exactly.  He was aggressive.  He tried to play like a first liner on the first line.  Me made the nicest move to goal of the game and, if there was any justice, would have roofed it over Lehner.  He played off of Krejci and Lucic well given it was his first game there and he didn't seem overwhelmed by the chance.  He was, you know, like Peverley in the playoffs two years ago.  (Peverley also led the Bruins in scoring last year, didn't he?)

Soderberg has not been aggressive.  He hasn't been looking for his shot.  He hasn't been effective carrying the puck.  Everyone lambasting Julien about not playing this guy because of his great skill is watching a different player.  You know Soderberg is 34, not (twice as good) 68, right?  I think he has skills, but he's not an impact player right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Perhaps just a little message to Peverley. Daugavins played well last game but I'd be suprised if he is in over Peverley. Soderberg may not have looked good the last few games, but I really like him with Jagr on the power play.

I think CJ is going to allow Carl to soak up the atmosphere a bit. I think CJ is using Peverly as an example. You don't want to give 110% 100% of the time; you'll sit. I think this is a coaching tactic. He sat Lucic & now he's going to sit Pev's. A message "What have you done for us lately?" 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"....he's not an impact player right now."

Like Daugavins, with one move to the net, clearly is?

But you are right, everyone is watching a different player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think CJ is going to allow Carl to soak up the atmosphere a bit. I think CJ is using Peverly as an example. You don't want to give 110% 100% of the time; you'll sit. I think this is a coaching tactic. He sat Lucic & now he's going to sit Pev's. A message "What have you done for us lately?" 

I hope your right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

To be honest I really hope Peverly is gone in the offseason. Hopefully this is the first step towards that.Not saying Daug is the answer just sick of Pevs not hitting the net and having no fire when he play's. Lets not talk about that goal he got because of Reddens hard work either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

Need Peverly's speed to make things happen, granted he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot..  Mistake not to have him in. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think in part Pevs took a bum rap or was kind of a fall guy for the state of flux that the third line was in for most of the year....he isnt going to make a couple complementary players better and in doing so make himself look good as he is a complementary piece himself...and needs to feed off of others...i.e. Kelly..I still think he can rise to his old self in these playoffs given the opportunity...not really sold on Daugavins myself....the odd glimpse but .....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bnice0015's comment:

Need Peverly's speed to make things happen, granted he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot..  Mistake not to have him in. 

He would still smoke Nite 5 out of 5 times.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

I'd put him with Kelly and Jagr

I would like to see Jagr and Horton flip lines......if these three lines jelled and I know its a big IF with the manlove thing between Horts and Looch but has the potential for three more than solid lines..(.as long as Seguin quit sending those limpdick shots from the half boards.....does he have a shot total incentive bonus clause in his contract!??!  )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

To be honest I really hope Peverly is gone in the offseason. Hopefully this is the first step towards that.Not saying Daug is the answer just sick of Pevs not hitting the net and having no fire when he play's. Lets not talk about that goal he got because of Reddens hard work either.

I really think this is a knee jerk reaction. Both him & Kelly have had a rough season. Kelly came back & was playing much better, but his game has sunk back to where it was when he got injured. I like both these players & think this was just a rough yr for them & Lucic. However, if Daugavins shows some value & with Soderberg coming in with a full season. Jagr continues his magic in the post season. PC is going to be in quite the pickle in trying to get rid of Pevs, or Kelly with the cap coming down for e-one in the league. If that's something he wants to try. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I agree that Daugavins has been coming ready to play. His hands and playmaking have stood-out for a guy that wasn't supposed to be a skill guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Cam was just on 98.5 and stated that what was at practice this morning may be the line up for tomorrow night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He would still smoke Nite 5 out of 5 times.

No way! I'd get one, because I'd fool him with that old school scrap! And I'd pull one of these on him.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUdz63c75qs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes Claude with "Whitfield II part Dufus " on it's way. Daugavins is awesome when he gets to the net...then doesn't know what to do with the puck and can't finish. I have seen every reason why Ottawa waived him but he's defensively safe and that is why he plays.

Not supised at all by this idiot move...simply put...it's Julien time. Lets play not to lose is what this move is saying. Sure glad Chiarelli went through all what it too to get the Yeti here.

"Yah but at least no one will score on the 3rd line though"...