Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5

The Marchand reference is for those comparing the two salaries. It's also a bit tongue-in-cheek as everyone loves Brad these days, but Peverley's worst total for the last 3 years is as good as Brad's best (and only) season. He's definitely taking a home town discount here.

In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : I like Rich but just wonder if he is worth 3.25 mil a season. I think its a bad comparison though to marchand brad was a rookie last season we don't know what his ceiling is. At this point I think we know what Pevs is a good hockey player. Just not sure on the 3.25 thats all and yes I watch every bruins game or listen on the radio. I am glad he will be a bruin for the forseeable future but not in love with the yearly cap hit.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Yeah, he led everyone in playoff scoring, so I would say that he recovered from his injury well enough to outplay both Sedin sisters, Stamkos, Richards, Lecavalier, Kesler, etc. over a long playoff run.  He is in prime form, Kopitar is not available, and Krejci is significantly underpaid compared to league comparables.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Add in the useless exercise of floating impossible trade scenarios and here we are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I thought he would sign for a little less , but at the same time I'm not complaining at all.  If Bergy, Marchand and him stay together and keep playing the way they are this line will be the best bang for the buck in the NHL. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's a great contract.  The guy has the skills to play.  Many players on other teams aren't nearly as skilled and make $4M+.

Great job, PC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's a great contract.  The guy has the skills to play.  Many players on other teams aren't nearly as skilled and make $4M+. Great job, PC.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Take a look at what Florida dished out for their roster as well as what Ward made in Washington and I think this deal is good for the team.  Peverly is a 2nd line player and has been on two teams and on this yrs defending cup team.  Speed, skill and experience. 
    In ref to Marchands situation I will say Dez has it bang on.  Marchand held no leverage.  Peverly could have walked. 

He wants to play here folks.  Be happy.  Shows you where Ryders heart was.  He got a gross contract to come here.  Didnt earn half of it, wins a cup and bolts.  His right, but take the guys that wanna  be here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Good deal, he's fit in well since coming here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

For anyone who thinks Peverly's contract is too much I have one name for you...Joel Ward.

By the way, I would like to expand on Stanley's idea of trading DK. While I do not condone dealing him I am of the opinion that he will want too much for his new contract and PC will deal him, probably for picks. After all, Seguin has to get his chance as a top 6 center some time...just  a thought......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'll see allot of the same Bruins fans that complained about the Thomas, Ference and Siedenberg contracts are complaining about the Peverley contract. At least they are consistent in that manner.

Very true that Gagne has more talent but he isn't paid to hang out on the trainers table for $5M or $3.5M. Peverley is making less than Ryder made last year but he put up more points and will do the same this year for less than $4M.

Comparable market contracts "?" for their output: Olli Jokinen $3M for 17 goals, Mikko Koivu $6.75M for 17 goals, Erat $4.5M and Boyes $4M quite the curve there. Then you go back to Dez's point allot of players who make less got to Peverley's point output but they had career years at a young age and are within RFA contract negotiations with no leverage so they get what Marchend gets.

Chiarelli is allot better since the Ryder contract and as of right now their is not a NMC attached to Peverley's contract on capgeek. Rich is easily going to top his career best offensive output this season no doubt in my mind.

Jeesh when did everyone become Mr. Burns around here Tongue Out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]For anyone who thinks Peverly's contract is too much I have one name for you...Joel Ward. By the way, I would like to expand on Stanley's idea of trading DK. While I do not condone dealing him I am of the opinion that he will want too much for his new contract and PC will deal him, probably for picks. After all, Seguin has to get his chance as a top 6 center some time...just  a thought......
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

The only way I deal DK is if we are getting a top 4 dman inn return.  I would ask for a Suter in Nashville. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : The only way I deal DK is if we are getting a top 4 dman inn return.  I would ask for a Suter in Nashville. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

D man would be nice but I think the cap will be the deciding factor. No reason to get rid of Krecji if he will make the same as the person he is traded for. Seguin will be negotiating after next year too so PC needs to keep that in mind. I see him going to a team that needs a first line center, like Calgary or even Phoenix, for their first rounder and perhaps a second.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : D man would be nice but I think the cap will be the deciding factor. No reason to get rid of Krecji if he will make the same as the person he is traded for. Seguin will be negotiating after next year too so PC needs to keep that in mind. I see him going to a team that needs a first line center, like Calgary or even Phoenix, for their first rounder and perhaps a second.....

I will always be in the mind set that you trade from a position of strength.  Bergie/Seguin/Kelly/Campy with the addition of a stud dman like Suter is win win.  Suter could be in the top 10 dman conversation. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]For anyone who thinks Peverly's contract is too much I have one name for you...Joel Ward. By the way, I would like to expand on Stanley's idea of trading DK. While I do not condone dealing him I am of the opinion that he will want too much for his new contract and PC will deal him, probably for picks. After all, Seguin has to get his chance as a top 6 center some time...just  a thought......
    Jay, PC will be able to leverage Krejci in similar fashion to what he did for Marchand. Unless someone signs him to an offer sheet, DK remains a few years(or a huge season) away from having real leverage. Perhaps I'm being naive regarding Krejci's perceived value.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : I will always be in the mind set that you trade from a position of strength.  Bergie/Seguin/Kelly/Campy with the addition of a stud dman like Suter is win win.  Suter could be in the top 10 dman conversation. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that point. I just think that with DK due for a raise (if Peverly is making 3.25 then what is David going to be worth?). Then the year after that Seguin, Marchand, Lucic, and Horton are all due. Suter would be wonderful but he is already making 3.5 and will be in for a big raise next year. PC would have to do some major reconfiguring to fit him in for the long term.

Besides, Suter is a UFA next July. If we really wanted him we could sign him then...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Jay, PC will be able to leverage Krejci in similar fashion to what he did for Marchand. Unless someone signs him to an offer sheet, DK remains a few years(or a huge season) away from having real leverage. Perhaps I'm being naive regarding Krejci's perceived value.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Check out what contracts are coming up:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2012

I think PC may have his work cut out for him in the next couple of years...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Your comparables have all had more points than Peverley.  I want to see some examples of wings (not centers) that get fewer points on average than Peverley and are getting paid more.  And I don't think Peverley would bring the same amount of goals in that particular role as Ryder would.  As evidenced by the stretch at the end of last season when we went with the Peverley-Kelly-Seguin line and hardly produced any points at all.Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Where talking todays market the point was on a curve Peverley's contract falls within the high/low. Ryder's return was less offensive output for more the money and Rich can play either wing or center so you missed the point with that as well.

You can go on and on defending Ryder you will never get me to agree. Ryder wishes he worked as hard as Peverley. Rich played with Bergeron and Kelly. Ryder only played with only Kelly because he didn't deserve to play with Patrice.

Peace!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'd sooner think Lucic is moved to get that D-man everyone wants....before Krejci would go. PC loves his centers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Check out what contracts are coming up: http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2012 I think PC may have his work cut out for him in the next couple of years...
    Yes but Horton looks like the only upcoming must sign UFA in Boston. I agree PC has some work to do but only due to having so many good young players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

For the record I dont want to move DK.  he scares me b/c of the injury thing and seems pron to injury.  But he is a gifted center who really raised his play in two straight playoff runs. 
    I really like Suter.  He is a top 2 on any team on the back end.  Would compliment Chara. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Seriously.  Is Dave Lewis running the message board?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it.  I was going to go with Burns c. 1998.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Yes but Horton looks like the only upcoming must sign UFA in Boston. I agree PC has some work to do but only due to having so many good young players.

Normally I would agree with you Dez but RFA's made out like bandits this past summer (the extreme being Weber who got 7.5 mill). Krecji and Lucic are already making 4 mill as UFA's, imagine what their next contract will be.

Also, it is the very reason that Boston has so many good young players which makes me think it will be bye-bye Krecji...

You are right that it is a good problem to have and look forward to another top 10 pick in the next draft (say hello to Griffin Reinhart) if a move is made...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Normally I would agree with you Dez but RFA's made out like bandits this past summer (the extreme being Weber who got 7.5 mill). Krecji and Lucic are already making 4 mill as UFA's, imagine what their next contract will be. Also, it is the very reason that Boston has so many good young players which makes me think it will be bye-bye Krecji... You are right that it is a good problem to have and look forward to another top 10 pick in the next draft (say hello to Griffin Reinhart) if a move is made...
    That's why I mentioned DK still needing a monster season before being able to really score big in negotiations. Doughty, Stamkos, Weber, these guys have all had huge seasons. I guess I may also be showing my true colours as a Bruins fan because, after last season's cap management mastery(and result) I'm willing to have blind faith in PC doing the right things moving forward.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : That's why I mentioned DK still needing a monster season before being able to really score big in negotiations. Doughty, Stamkos, Weber, these guys have all had huge seasons. I guess I may also be showing my true colours as a Bruins fan because, after last season's cap management mastery(and result) I'm willing to have blind faith in PC doing the right things moving forward.

There is no doubt PC did an excellent job with the cap. Perfect, in fact and the dividends will still be payed out for it this season as well. A very exciting time to be a B's fan. 

I think it can continue for some time with the proper rotation of outgoing talent and young up and comers. This is why I see DK being traded sooner rather than later, especially if Seguin explodes this year which he may if he gets the icetime and linemates. As Shupe points out, they do have a glut at center at the moment. To be clear, I like Krecji and marvel at how he steps it up a notch in the playoffs. I just see this as a very likely scenario.

However this plays out, it will be very interesting to watch.. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

How about Scottie Upshall? Career high 34 points, 4YRS/$13M ($3.5M/YR). Sean Bergenheim's contract is absolutely awful as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I thought this was a very good deal right off the bat, but after looking at the other big free agent signings this past off-season I think it's an even better deal.  I scanned over the list of UFA's who switched teams this past off-season and here are most of the big contracts given out to forwards.  I'm not commenting on the merit of each once, just giving examples of the current market, and why it might have been tough for Peverley and his agent to pass up becoming a UFA.

Tomas Fleischmann LW - Florida from Colorado (7/1/11) 4Yrs/$18M
    Ville Leino LW - Buffalo from Philadelphia (7/1/11) 6Yrs/$27M
    Erik Cole RW - Montreal from Carolina (7/1/11) 4Yrs/$18M
    Joel Ward RW - Washington from Nashville (7/1/11) 4Yrs/$12M
    Scottie Upshall RW - Florida from Columbus (7/1/11) 4Yrs/$14M
    Michael Ryder RW - Dallas from Boston (7/1/11) 2Yrs/$7M
    Tim Connolly C - Toronto from Buffalo (7/2/11) 2Yrs/$9.5M
    Brad Richards C - NY Rangers from Dallas (7/2/11) 9Yrs/$60M
    Simon Gagne, RW - Los Angeles from Tampa Bay (7/2/11), 2yrs/$7m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]  I was just being an a$$.  For all that he brings to the table, it's a good deal.  Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

No you weren't I was being lazy and forgot to change from goals to points total. BSXII did the work for me thank goodness and where I should have showed you what I was comparing in recent signings and why PC keeps drafting centers who can also play wing it's called versatility.