Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5

In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5:
    [QUOTE]I'd sooner think Lucic is moved to get that D-man everyone wants....before Krejci would go. PC loves his centers.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but EVERY GM loves a power forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Yeah but EVERY GM loves a power forward.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, just to "ruin your summah", are you convinced Looch is the power forward we all assume he is? I'm lazy at the moment to expound and I'm sure we'll all get into this later in the season, but on the surface the Bs have a lot of players they need to take care of if they want to keep the core. As sad as it is, and as much I really want to pull for Lucic, I'm feeling less and less that he's part of the core.

Core players, for me, are a small mix of must-keeps that will be with this team potentially for the rest of their career. The line can be drawn in a number of places, but I don't see the core extending beyond (in order):

1. Rask
    2. Chara
    3. Bergeron
    4. Seguin
    5. Horton *or* Lucic - not both
    6. Seidenberg
    7. Pick one vet - Campbell, Peverly, Kelly to anchor the 3rd line (the PJ Axelsson guy).

Some feel Krejci and Lucic should be on this list. I like the Peverly signing because, at worst, he can anchor the 3rd line. I think PC alluded to this in his announcement. As for Krejci, his value is less when you have Bergeron and Seguin in the core and not going anywhere, and guys like Peverly, Campbell and Kelly on the roster to fill in bottom 6 depth. Lucic is a tougher call, but I still need to see a more consistent effort of physical play night in and night out before considering him a Bruins for life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

There is one free agent winger that nobody has brought up.  Why is that?  This player played 3 less games then Peverley last year,  had 5 less goals, 11 less points, 78 more hits, was +19 better then Rich in +/-, and signed for $1.1 million.  Just because UFA's are being overpaid doesn't mean that PC has to overpay as well.  There are players that would sign for half of Rich's contract that can produce the same type numbers and bring the same attributes to the table.  Let the other teams overpay, with guys like Sauve, Spooner, and Knight waiting in the wings, there was no reason to overpay for Peverley just because others are doing it.  I would have been happy with 2 years $4 million, which would have been a $1.35 million dollar raise.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Dez, just to "ruin your summah", are you convinced Looch is the power forward we all assume he is? I'm lazy at the moment to expound and I'm sure we'll all get into this later in the season, but on the surface the Bs have a lot of players they need to take care of if they want to keep the core. As sad as it is, and as much I really want to pull for Lucic, I'm feeling less and less that he's part of the core. Core players, for me, are a small mix of must-keeps that will be with this team potentially for the rest of their career. The line can be drawn in a number of places, but I don't see the core extending beyond (in order): 1. Rask 2. Chara 3. Bergeron 4. Seguin 5. Horton *or* Lucic - not both 6. Seidenberg 7. Pick one vet - Campbell, Peverly, Kelly to anchor the 3rd line (the PJ Axelsson guy). Some feel Krejci and Lucic should be on this list. I like the Peverly signing because, at worst, he can anchor the 3rd line. I think PC alluded to this in his announcement. As for Krejci, his value is less when you have Bergeron and Seguin in the core and not going anywhere, and guys like Peverly, Campbell and Kelly on the roster to fill in bottom 6 depth. Lucic is a tougher call, but I still need to see a more consistent effort of physical play night in and night out before considering him a Bruins for life.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I feel that Marchand should be on the list.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Seriously Stanley? Last year you suggested PC should give Wheeler as much as 4 million. Now you think PC overpaid his replacement?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Blake Wheeler is younger, bigger, more talented and will become a Superstar..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : I feel that Marchand should be on the list.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Marchand and Lucic should be on that list.  I think Horton is not.  I see him needing to find new homes to stay motivated.  I don't think Lucic is gonna be a 30 goal guy every year though.  But he is a leader at a young age.  As for Marchand I believe he could be Seguins running mate for yrs.  They really clicked and Marchand can burn and skate with Seguin.  In fact I would love to watch a kid line of Caron/Seguin/Marchand for a stretch of games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Please keep WHEELER's name off this forum. I like reading stuff but when I see his name I want to THROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!  Yell

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Please keep WHEELER's name off this forum. I like reading stuff but when I see his name I want to THROW UP!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]
    careful now...you're talking about stanley's sweetheart! i'm sure glad as heck he no longer dons the black and gold, he's a cream puff. i'm happy with the peverly extension, how fortunate he scores two against tb. probably fattened his pocket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

best couple in the league?

Fisher/Underwood.
    Stanley/Wheeler
    Shuperman/Torres
    NAS/Thornton
    Dez/Bergie
    Nite/TT
    Callo/Marchand

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]best couple in the league? Fisher/Underwood. Stanley/Wheeler Shuperman/Torres NAS/Thornton Dez/Bergie Nite/TT Callo/Marchand
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I hope Brad doesn't get jealous.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Blake Wheeler is younger, bigger, more talented and will become a Superstar.. Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Only one question, Stanley - when?  Can you put a date on it and say "if Blake isn't the superstar I think he should be by (March 31st, 2014) he will never be a superstar and I can stop saying he will be."  You've been promising us an 18 Wheeler for a couple of years, but he still looks like a Toyota 1/2 ton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : How about Scottie Upshall? Career high 34 points, 4YRS/$13M ($3.5M/YR). Sean Bergenheim's contract is absolutely awful as well.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

These two also qualify as "Joel Ward" bad. Guess the GMs are back to pre-lockout mode. The next CBA bargaining should be interesting. No way should the players be forced to take a paycut to bail out these schmucks this time....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : These two also qualify as "Joel Ward" bad. Guess the GMs are back to pre-lockout mode. The next CBA bargaining should be interesting. No way should the players be forced to take a paycut to bail out these schmucks this time....
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

I said this the first day of Free Agency..Here comes a lockout. When mediocre players get that much money what do you think elite plyers will get? Thats when they price themselves out. You can't blame the players for taking something that is offered them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : I said this the first day of Free Agency..Here comes a lockout. When mediocre players get that much money what do you think elite plyers will get? Thats when they price themselves out. You can't blame the players for taking something that is offered them.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Yep, and for the sake of the future health of the Bruins I hope this gets settled sooner rather than later. Lots of important contracts coming up in the next two years for PC deal with.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Blake Wheeler is younger, bigger, more talented and will become a Superstar.. Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

You have a better chance at becoming the President of Canada.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Krejci was the best player on the team in the playoffs in 2010. He got hurt and we all know what happened next.

Krejci was the highest scorer on the team in the playoffs in 2011 (and the league but that stat's pretty useless since they played the most games). He did not get hurt and they won the Stanley Cup.

It would take a large brass set to let Krejci walk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci was the best player on the team in the playoffs in 2010. He got hurt and we all know what happened next. Krejci was the highest scorer on the team in the playoffs in 2011 (and the league but that stat's pretty useless since they played the most games). He did not get hurt and they won the Stanley Cup. It would take a large brass set to let Krejci walk.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]
    Someone would have to offer sheet him, but ya, it'd take an insane offer from another team ($7.5-8M) for them to let him go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There is no need to be concerned about Peverley's contract in terms of how it impacts the cap and signing other players.  The Bruins can always just trade him if they need the space.  The only concern is whether the contract is too much for Peverley, and I think it's a bargain compared to most UFA signings so he would be easily moveable. But now the Bruins are secure against a mass exodus at the end of the year.  On a semi-related note, people are talking about what core players to keep. Peverley is better bang/$$ at 3.25 than Horton making anything more than 4. If Horton leaves as a UFA in a few years, it would be nice to have Peverley around. I thought he filled in well in the final. Pev's versatility really gives the B's insurance at any position on any line for whatever player they decide to let go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Please Bruin Fans, shut up and let the team play. We have the cup!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I don't know if any posted this already but besides Savard this contract makes Peverly next in line to being the Bruins forward locked up for the longest tenure.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]best couple in the league? Fisher/Underwood. Stanley/Wheeler Shuperman/Torres NAS/Thornton Dez/Bergie Nite/TT Callo/Marchand

The audacity to leave me and Tim Brent off this list is outrageous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : The audacity to leave me and Tim Brent off this list is outrageous.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I actually should be shot for that.  Might have been the best 5 minutes for me on here.  I still laugh at it. 

You may be the best couple.  I probably should have have Chowda/NAS as well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I embarassed to say that I don't even know where he's playing this year.  But I'm sure he's cracking skulls. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I embarassed to say that I don't even know where he's playing this year.  But I'm sure he's cracking skulls. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Haha.  You will see him tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Peverly signed to 3 year extention per Sports hub 98.5 : Haha.  You will see him tonight.

Oh yeah.  Look out B's.