Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas

It was brought by me long time ago that TT has been on the block and will be on the block again. 

Now here's an ESPN article.  I hope the lovers don't start cring because of that..

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/insider/news/story?id=6603632&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2fplayoffs%2f2011%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d6603632

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas

Interesting they bring it up again.  They could have had him easily last off season, now not so much.  How about Briere?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

If I was PC I would only trade him to Philly for Carter, Giroux, or Richards. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You guys know my opinion about TT I would trade him in a blink of an eye for a guy like Carter (35-40 goals scorer).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Why would you trade him to a leading contender in the East?
    Just doesn't make sense. Would you want to play TT and Philly in Round 2 or 3 next year?
    I don't think so.

If they have to send him anywhere, I would have said to Chicago for Campbell, but Chicago just signed Crawford. All I know is that if you are going to trade him, he has to go West.

But, as I've said many times, why anyone would want to break up this tandum is beyond me. You have a lot of good young talent coming up the pipe, so you can wait on a trade. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah, If either goalie gets traded, i HIGHLY doubt it is to a contender in the east, unless they give up the farm for them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Good luck getting a goalie, Philly. Even with the cap expected to rise by $3M. they have hardly any cap room, and yet have 4 players needed to be signed to make a full roster. As of right now, they'll have 4 players/slots needed to be signed/re-signed with about $3M to work with (if the cap rises by $3M). All this Vokoun and Bryzgalov talk could be difficult, especially given the fact that they will be highly-sought after by other teams and be given good contracts. Top that off with the fact that JVR is due a BIG raise from his modest $1.65M (RFA after next year).

Bottom line, unless they move one of Richards, Giroux and Carter, they will not be in play for either of those 2 goaltenders, or even Thomas (if...and that's a big IF, PC is willing to trade him). I think it's unlikely they use JVR as a trade chip to get additional cap space, but you never know.

Giroux would make the most sense, if the Bruins are an ideal trading partner. Getting Richards or Carter would mean they'd have to essentially give up on Seguin being a future Centre, unless they don't plan to re-up Krejci or even Bergy when his extension ends. There's NO WAY they'd put Seguin on the 4th line.

I like Giroux, don't get me wrong, but I would not do a trade, involving a swap of Thomas for Giroux.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The bait from the Flyers is Carter it has been discussed before.  No way they get rid of Giroux.  I wish but it won't happend.  Forget about Richards also.  Carter will make 5.5. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]It was brought by me long time ago that TT has been on the block and will be on the block again.  Now here's an ESPN article.  I hope the lovers don't start cring because of that.. http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/insider/news/story?id=6603632&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2fplayoffs%2f2011%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d6603632
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE] Don't you mean, YOU target Thomas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas : Don't you mean, YOU target Thomas.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

I am not the one who offered TT to the Flyers last summer.  I am not the one who will be offering him to the Flyers again this summer.  Like it or not this is just the reality he will be on the block!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Philadelphia targets Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]It was brought by me long time ago that TT has been on the block and will be on the block again.  Now here's an ESPN article.  I hope the lovers don't start cring because of that.. http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/insider/news/story?id=6603632&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2fplayoffs%2f2011%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d6603632
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

wow what are the odds that lucaooo brings up this article. especially now that the shoe in vezina winner and conn symthe candidate up to this point is only putting up these type of numbers during this playoff run.
                 tim thomas    
    18 games started-12 wins-6 losses                 
    goals against of 2.29 - .929 save%
    2 shutouts both in conferance finals
    u bringing this up now is odd. no? 2 days before the Stanley cup finals.
    and that article says nothing about him being offered again. its says that IF the bruins were to ask for carter again it would rejected.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

TT has a NMC/NTC til 1 July 2012

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

[QUOTE]If I was PC I would only trade him to Philly for Carter, Giroux, or Richards. 
    Posted by KJBruinswin[/QUOTE]

It would take at least one of those three and most likely a high draft pick.

TT is the best goalie in the league and shows no signs of slowing.
    Even Duane Roloson gave him a good run this year at 41.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

TT will be moved this summer ala Anti Neimi win or lose.

Get used to it, this is a business.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

No way the Flyers trade Giroux, Carter or Richards for a 37 yr old who is having a dream season. I don't believe the Flyers have a 1st round pick as they dealt it for Versteeg.

THe Bruins could use a cheaper player or pick for Thomas because they need o sign Krejci, Rask & Seguin in the next couple of years.

Thomas has had a great season and a solid playoff but win or lose I think he will be gone this summer. The Bs have had a great playoff to this point but also have one of there greatest assets & cap friendly contracts sitting on the bench. Fine for this season but they have to make a decision in the offseason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]You guys know my opinion about TT I would trade him in a blink of an eye for a guy like Carter (35-40 goals scorer).
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Time to shampoo your computer chair.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Five4Fighting. Show Five4Fighting's posts

It was reported a few weeks back(after the Bruins swept the Flyers) that just about any player outside of Pronger and Briere are on the trade block(even Richards). Carter is DEFINITELY a possible trade posibility. He has not been performing that well for the Flyers and were rumored to be danlging him out there again for a goalie.

That said, I can't see the Bruins trading Thomas. As it was mentioned in this thread he is the best goalie in the league right now(no matter the outcome of the finals). Sure his deal will be up soon, but unless you are a getting a big time player or two in return it would be foolish to dump him. Yes, Rask is waiting for his chance once again, but to have the option of Thomas and Rask at worst sharing goal duties for a season or two is pretty good.

Also I agree, why trade him into the conference to a very solid contender? If the rumored reallignements are true, that would mean the Bruins would be playing against Thomas as a divisional rival all the time. (the allignment being that Boston moves into atlantic and pittsburg moves into the northeast. Of course just speculation by some writers)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tim Thomas will sign an extension at the beginining 2013 season and finish his career in Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

There are probably 15 other teams that also wouldn't mind having Thomas. Why not write an article saying, Boston wants Pavel Datsyuk?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

I could not be that disloyal to even talk of trading Thomas right now. We haven't been to the finals since'90. Isn't winning the Cup even once in our (my) adult life what its all about? Let's stop this crap for at least a few weeks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]I could not be that disloyal to even talk of trading Thomas right now. We haven't been to the finals since'90. Isn't winning the Cup even once in our (my) adult life what its all about? Let's stop this crap for at least a few weeks!
    Posted by newfiewhaler[/QUOTE]

u would think talk of trading thomas would wait until atleast the end of the stanley cup playoffs but all u have to do is look at the pinhead who started the thread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

even if TT isn't the goalie hoisting the cup this year he'll be starting the b's first game next year....

i don't see him being dealt before the last year of his contract, if that....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

The article is purely hypothetical.  Seems pointless to even write it.  That is ESPN for you.  May as well write an article saying "if Nashville put Weber on the trading block this summer, Boston would probably be interested".

And I would trade future Hannu Toivenen part 2 before I trade Thomas. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]No way the Flyers trade Giroux, Carter or Richards for a 37 yr old who is having a dream season. I don't believe the Flyers have a 1st round pick as they dealt it for Versteeg. THe Bruins could use a cheaper player or pick for Thomas because they need o sign Krejci, Rask & Seguin in the next couple of years. Thomas has had a great season and a solid playoff but win or lose I think he will be gone this summer. The Bs have had a great playoff to this point but also have one of there greatest assets & cap friendly contracts sitting on the bench. Fine for this season but they have to make a decision in the offseason.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    So Rask deserves to be no.1 based on his play this year???No way.I wouldn't feel confident with Rask as the no.1 for next year.He didn't play up to expectations this year.Thomas/Rask is the perfect tandem for next year.If Rask plays well ,then great ,maybe he plays half the games and Thomas plays the other half.The B's will not get full market value for Thomas because of his age so they might as well keep him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

TT was offered to everyone last year and nobody bit. At one point they would have taken a 2nd round pick....As always the case TT proved everyone wrong. Right now I don't see how he can be traded, if they win the Cup i would say it is a certainty he isnt going anywhere. I see his work load being scaled back somewhat next year with the hotter goalie going into the playoffs getting the nod.