Pittsburgh gives the Bruins the game plan to win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Pittsburgh gives the Bruins the game plan to win

Last night's Pens-Bolts game highlights everything Boston needs to do to win. It was vintage playoff hockey where the deeper, grittier team imposed their style on a faster, skilled team. Tons of shots, lots of hitting and finishing checks, great hustle leading to 6 power plays, solid goaltending and points from the 2nd and 3rd line guys.

There is so much chatter about the Bruins playing a physical game, and the fear is putting the Habs on the power play. Pittsburgh showed that it can work the other way - finish your check, hit cleanly an force the other team to hold and grab. I really, really hope the Bruins play physical and don't try so hard to stay out of the penalty box that they forget their game. Hopefully the game film from last night is circulating today. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Pittsburgh gives the Bruins the game plan to win

Agree with you there. Did you watch the Van/Hawk game as well? The Canucks have speed and grit (not to mention terrific goaltending) which is why, I guess, they are the favorites....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Agree 100%.

Hopefully refs remember whom is the most penalized from season, but I doubt it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

physical play for 60 minutes= victory. the bruins last game in montreal was a perfect example. white picks a fight with boychuk- beats him down. NO response from the b's. LOSS. i was hoping for thorty or looch or mcquaid to peck a fight with ANYONE else and start the physical/ emotional game for the b's. instead nothing happened, and they played flat. from the first whistle this team has to throw their bodies around and beat down the habs. the habs will in turn be slashing and holding out of frustration=pp.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Lets face it, if the Bruins play back on their heels the Habs can/will win.  If the Bruins play THEIR style of hockey, there really isnt a team as good as them except for MAYBE Vancouver.  The Bruins are super tough, deep, have size, speed, grit, etc., and EVERY line contributes.  I say theyll take it to the Habs and play super physical.  The Garden should be rockin tonight, and the Habs will be getting rocked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

is it time for the puck to drop? tick, tick, tick- i hope they play angry- won't get beat if they do

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One factor missing Asmaha on your good points Tampa doesn't have the goaltending to bail them out in tight checking games Montreal does. I expect high goal totals from Pittsburgh in that series as it goes on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Van, Pitt, and Nash all played the way the Bruins will come out and play tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bruins dont need 2 copy anyone  they need 2 play the way they can and they will win

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I noticed that with Roloson last night. He waaaay overplayed the puck at times. Price is steady and I agree it won't be as easy.

Scary thing is TT has shown that fault from time to time, and hopefully he's not so amped up he forgets to take care of his lines.

Don't get me wrong...I like the guy...but he can't be flopping around and open the back-door the way Roloson did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

All I saw was the Pens get numerous power plays by flopping all over the ice.  Meanwhile St. Louis loses teeth and nothing.  Maybe if we get those refs on our side.  I mean some of the penalties were enbarassing.   I think Pitt and Montreal are one in the same.

I will also like to bring back my argument of Fleury being an outstanding playoff goalie.  Any takers that he is the best playoff goalie out there right now?