PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW!

Just watched it again, and agree with you Kennedy, neither player did anything to get out of the way of the other and Ference does lean into him a little bit but no more than Halpern skates too close to him.

I would be shocked if there was a suspension as there was no concussion (if there were a concussion, he shouldn't have been out there 1 minute after the hit took place). Sorry, with all the flopping I've seen by the Habs, I can't really give him the benefit of the doubt (sad that I now don't have sympathy for players that are hurt because I think they may be faking - not talking about Pac).

Classy post in the other thread Kennedy, Montreal will be a contender for a while to come with PK (as much as I hate him) and Price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

Talented but the "Nestea Plunge" was bush league.  He should have received a double minor for holding and diving...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No doubt Subban has skills.  For the sake of his longevity, perhaps his maturity should catch up to his talents. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : I agree with you Legion.  Subban was incredible the entire series, especially with a target on his back.  He logged huge minutes, took a lot of hits, gave out a lot of hits and that goal was an absolute rocket! He is going to be real good (he is already).  He definitely has swagger thought, which I like actually.  I also with the Leafs had this guy and being a 2nd rounder shows you what good scouting can do.  As a Leaf fan and seeing how good the scouting staff has been assembled by Burke, I hold out hope that we can hit lightening in a bottle too. As far as Kaberle, I have to say I'm disappointed and surprised on how mediocre he has been.  If I were the Bruins, I don't think I would sign him after this year either.  He's more suited to a team like Detroit where I think he would excel.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

LRH, after an impressive debut in which it was hoped his performance would be the shape of things to come, he's been on a downward slippery slope.  I think folks knew they were getting a soft but skilled D-guy but it's the degree of ineffeciveness with the Bruins, for whatever the reason, that's riled some. 

Let's hope there's still time for him to make a sustained impact on the club but as of right now, I hope the B's don't pursue him come July 1 'cause it hasn't worked out. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

The Montreal flopping is systemic, so I don't place all the blame on Subban for his embarrasing dive in game 7. The Habs knew that their best chance of beating the Bruins was to get PP opportunities. It's bad for the game, and ended up being bad for the Habs (Hamerlik pretending to be road kill while Chris Kelly skates past and scores).

My point is that if Subban was a Bruin, I don't think you'd see him flopping.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]The Montreal flopping is systemic, so I don't place all the blame on Subban for his embarrasing dive in game 7. The Habs knew that their best chance of beating the Bruins was to get PP opportunities. It's bad for the game, and ended up being bad for the Habs (Hamerlik pretending to be road kill while Chris Kelly skates past and scores). My point is that if Subban was a Bruin, I don't think you'd see him flopping.
    Posted by bertie-wooster2[/QUOTE]
    The Canadiens have always been a little tricky. Now it's blatant and detracts from hockey.Subban seems to be able to shoot a one-timer where he aims it. There don't seem to be many blue-liners that can do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : Saying he got his glove stuck and it was an accident is a mea culpa? You're havin' a laugh! Look, I have no issue with Ference's finger; never did. I thought it was much ado about nothing (ditto Paccioretty's tweet, and most of the relatively tame smack talk all year from Marchand, Subban, Recchi or anyone else). No different with Subban last night, except that it's Subban, which means it'll get more attention that it actually deserves, and would receive if it was almost anyone else.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

What? cause Subban it will get more attention? What does that mean? You won't explain!  Meanwhile, Ference forks out the fine money while Subban has Gill defend his actions.  He did do a mea culpa my friend whether or not you believe in the Ference's commentary or his paying of the fine.  Meanwhile to the topic, Subban plays on the edge, he asks for attention then plays the smiling diplomat at the end.  Sorry he is demeaning in his actions. Read the commentaries after he was benched earlier in the year if you wish to say he is in the limelight.  He does not have to play pure, no, it is hockey, but please ask him to play like a man not an immature albeit skilled young man.  You Mainiacs are drinking too much of the yellow water trickling down from New Brunswick!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

"You Mainiacs are drinking too much of the yellow water trickling down from New Brunswick!"

Ok...leave the greatest state in the nation out of this....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Hey you don't need to tell me. I was calling him a stud in this forum back in January, I compared him to Doughty and the idiots laughed at me...Guess what, he's better than Doughty.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

no he is not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]"You Mainiacs are drinking too much of the yellow water trickling down from New Brunswick!" Ok...leave the greatest state in the nation out of this....
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Ha, actually Kennedy is one of the best posters on here, it must be the Maine air that makes him normally think clearly.  I just spend part of last week in York helping a friends with Spring clean up.  Great food, scenery, and people.  Love the city of Portland. It is a great state in other words.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Just giving you a hard time....now off to Gritty's for a tasty beverage....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : no he is not.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

I love when people tell me Doughty is better than Subbanwhich is fine but My next question is always "and you've seen Drew Doughty play how many times?"
    Both are great, I just prefer Subban, followed both closely since juniors.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : What? cause Subban it will get more attention? What does that mean? You won't explain!  Meanwhile, Ference forks out the fine money while Subban has Gill defend his actions.  He did do a mea culpa my friend whether or not you believe in the Ference's commentary or his paying of the fine. 
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Of course I don't believe Ference's explanation. It's ludicrous. But I couldn't care less if he flipped off the fans. Neither does the league, really: $2500 to Ference is like me buying you lunch.

As for Subban, he leads the league in "little things blown out of proportion" this year. That's why it would get more attention than had it been someone else giving the "shush" sign, which has been done by a few players (most notably by Alexander Radulov, no longer with Nashville) for a few years now (not to mention that gesture is commonly given by goalscorers in every soccer league in the world).

I don't think either incident should be at all a big deal to anyone, and it's not unless they already have an axe to grind against said player or their team.  And clearly the comments made (both here and on Habs boards) bear that out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : I love when people tell me Doughty is better than Subbanwhich is fine but My next question is always "and you've seen Drew Doughty play how many times?" Both are great, I just prefer Subban, followed both closely since juniors.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Hmm a Subbanwhich sounds good. Too bad when you pick it up to take a bite the whole thing flops out of your hands and lands on the floor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : Of course I don't believe Ference's explanation. It's ludicrous. But I couldn't care less if he flipped off the fans. Neither does the league, really: $2500 to Ference is like me buying you lunch. As for Subban, he leads the league in "little things blown out of proportion" this year. That's why it would get more attention than had it been someone else giving the "shush" sign, which has been done by a few players (most notably by Alexander Radulov, no longer with Nashville) for a few years now (not to mention that gesture is commonly given by goalscorers in every soccer league in the world). I don't think either incident should be at all a big deal to anyone, and it's not unless they already have an axe to grind against said player or their team.  And clearly the comments made (both here and on Habs boards) bear that out.

He's a talented rookie that plays dirty. That's why he gets all the attention. There would be praise lumped on him if he played a clean game. I don't believe the whole racist angle b/c I am the furthest you can get from racist and I respect most hockey players.

Slew footing, diving, and not backing up your chirping are things that all hockey players hate. My guess is that he leads the league in slew footing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22VOc8dvGSk&feature=related

What he did to Lecavalier is despicable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGQf96H2Bo&feature=related

Which is why I now like Ovechkin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fp_Hg9z2rc&feature=related

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : . I don't believe the whole racist angle b/c I am the furthest you can get from racist and I respect most hockey players.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Most of the time, I don't believe in the "you don't like PK because you're racist" angle, either.

He is dirty. He's mouthy. He's a pain in the butt to play against. But he's not the first player...even rookie...to be a SOaB. The aforementioned Radulov sure was one, and he didn't get nearly the stick that PK did. And look at some of the big OMG controversies (he didn't hug a specific teammate after a goal, he dropped a practice sweater on the locker room floor, pulitzer-prize-winning journalist PJ Stock said his teammates didn't like him, etc)....most of these don't get a yawn by way of response most of the time. It's not that PK was right to, say, put his sweater on the floor...but it's not as if that's not something that hasn't happened this year in all 30 NHL locker rooms at some point. Usually, it's not front page news across the league....and it is because lots of people have an axe to grind against the guy.  Simple as that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Still a diver

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Fn SUBBAN. WOW! : Most of the time, I don't believe in the "you don't like PK because you're racist" angle, either. He is dirty. He's mouthy. He's a pain in the butt to play against. But he's not the first player...even rookie...to be a SOaB. The aforementioned Radulov sure was one, and he didn't get nearly the stick that PK did. And look at some of the big OMG controversies (he didn't hug a specific teammate after a goal, he dropped a practice sweater on the locker room floor, pulitzer-prize-winning journalist PJ Stock said his teammates didn't like him, etc)....most of these don't get a yawn by way of response most of the time. It's not that PK was right to, say, put his sweater on the floor...but it's not as if that's not something that hasn't happened this year in all 30 NHL locker rooms at some point. Usually, it's not front page news across the league....and it is because lots of people have an axe to grind against the guy.  Simple as that.

Agreed, my hate is increased because of the sweater he wears. As I have said before, I really liked the kid after NHL network did a story on him and like him in interviews, I just really don't like the slew footing, cheap play, and diving since he doesn't need to do that stuff to stay in the game. A lot of the cheap shot artists need to play near that edge to stay in the game. He doesn't that's why I hate it more - it's unnecessary.