PK Subban lovers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

PK Subban lovers

In an effort to find out from our visitors to Boston.com from the great northern province of Quebec something other than homerism, what do you think of Don Cherry's analysis of PK Subban?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: PK Subban lovers

In Response to PK Subban lovers:
    [QUOTE]In an effort to find out from our visitors to Boston.com from the great northern province of Quebec something other than homerism, what do you think of Don Cherry's analysis of PK Subban?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YBEQ9QyxQ
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

More announcers should have Cherry's guts in calling Subban out.  He's right.  Sooner or later, someone is going to hammer him, be it a fight or getting pounded into the boards from a player finishing their check.  Well done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Me thinks the Montreal visitors will not comment!  At least in an objective manner.   I surely like how PK skates backwards when he about to fight.  As many Bs fans said of Marchand, time for PK to reassess his play.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lots of skating ability,loads of talent and not one ounce of intestinal fortitude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers:
    [QUOTE]Me thinks the Montreal visitors will not comment!  At least in an objective manner.   I surely like how PK skates backwards when he about to fight.  As many Bs fans said of Marchand, time for PK to reassess his play.  

islamorada - If we fans can see Subban for his pretentious "bravery," the players on the ice must also see him for what he really is.  I'd imagine his rep has spread throughout the league for more than his hockey skills.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/640006-psychological-warfare-pk-subban-and-his-battle-with-the-man

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/640006-psychological-warfare-pk-subban-and-his-battle-with-the-man
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop[/QUOTE]
    How much respect should we give to a blog written by a Habs fan about Subban?We get it-some of you guys like PK.Go profess your love for him on a Habs site.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

As much as I hate Suban(just because he plays for the Habs) and I agree with Grapes, I would like to have him on the Bruins, or wish someone on the Bruins would stir things up and play with his passion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/640006-psychological-warfare-pk-subban-and-his-battle-with-the-man

Wedgy, if there is one thing that can be done for any argument these days, it is finding a blog somehwere on the internet that agrees with your point of view.  Unfortunately, it is such a token gesture, that it doesn't support an argument in any way other than declaring that you've found one other person on the planet with a computer who likes PK Subban.

What Don Cherry, and a vast majority of other analysts, coaches, and players alludes to is Subban's childish, cowardly, side-show type antics game after game, followed by his refusal to ever 'answer the bell'.  Brad Marchand has been called out here quite strongly by Bruins fans recently for some of his actions.  It is a shame that so many Habs fans (not all) lack the self awareness to criticize their own when it is warranted.  It is exactly this type homerism that makes the calls for Chara to be punished so pathetic and insincere.

While we appreciate you coming here and discussing things in English with us, you're really not off to a great start making any reasonable or convincing arguments, and haphazardly posting links to random blogs is not helping your cause.  If you want to have Montreal blinders and be a homer, at least do it in your own words.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Here's another interesting blog in case you missed it...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/GQ-ranks-Montreal-Canadiens-fans-among-worst-in-?urn=nhl-wp643

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRJ7. Show BRJ7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : Wedgy, if there is one thing that can be done for any argument these days, it is finding a blog somehwere on the internet that agrees with your point of view.  Unfortunately, it is such a token gesture, that it doesn't support an argument in any way other than declaring that you've found one other person on the planet with a computer who likes PK Subban. What Don Cherry, and a vast majority of other analysts, coaches, and players alludes to is Subban's childish, cowardly, side-show type antics game after game, followed by his refusal to ever 'answer the bell'.  Brad Marchand has been called out here quite strongly by Bruins fans recently for some of his actions.  It is a shame that so many Habs fans (not all) lack the self awareness to criticize their own when it is warranted.  It is exactly this type homerism that makes the calls for Chara to be punished so pathetic and insincere. While we appreciate you coming here and discussing things in English with us, you're really not off to a great start making any reasonable or convincing arguments, and haphazardly posting links to random blogs is not helping your cause.  If you want to have Montreal blinders and be a homer, at least do it in your own words.    
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Always great to read your post fletcher!!  Keep up the good work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Watch out or wedgy will come back with some Hitler video.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : Wedgy, if there is one thing that can be done for any argument these days, it is finding a blog somehwere on the internet that agrees with your point of view.  Unfortunately, it is such a token gesture, that it doesn't support an argument in any way other than declaring that you've found one other person on the planet with a computer who likes PK Subban. What Don Cherry, and a vast majority of other analysts, coaches, and players alludes to is Subban's childish, cowardly, side-show type antics game after game, followed by his refusal to ever 'answer the bell'.  Brad Marchand has been called out here quite strongly by Bruins fans recently for some of his actions.  It is a shame that so many Habs fans (not all) lack the self awareness to criticize their own when it is warranted.  It is exactly this type homerism that makes the calls for Chara to be punished so pathetic and insincere. While we appreciate you coming here and discussing things in English with us, you're really not off to a great start making any reasonable or convincing arguments, and haphazardly posting links to random blogs is not helping your cause.  If you want to have Montreal blinders and be a homer, at least do it in your own words.    

It wasn't meant to be an argument.  I just liked that blog I posted, for no other reasons than it was fun to read.  I agree with your point of view, that's why I didn't waste time with counter-arguments.  I also think PK should answer the bell if he wants to keep on playing that way.  I also think that he potentially puts his teammates in trouble by not doing so. 

Hope he bulks up during the summer and takes some boxing lessons or something... 

And we're not all fans of his behaviors, although we all like the fact that he's on our team, and not on our opponents'.  If his only qualities were being a pain in the ***, he'd probably leave our team like Maxim Lapierre.  I think most of us would agree with the fact that Subban needs to accept fight invitations more often.  We kept saying the same about Maxim Lapierre...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

[QUOTE]Here's another interesting blog in case you missed it... http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/GQ-ranks-Montreal-Canadiens-fans-among-worst-in-?urn=nhl-wp643

Flattering !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

Interesting question...personally I really like PK but cringe at some of his antics myself. He has been called out by a couple Habs already so I think it's just a matter of time before he settles in. He shows up to play every night and has a big heart but he is rough around the edges for sure...a 'diamond' in the rough. He is our next Markov. As for scrapping.....well....I think he shouldn't drop the gloves with everybody because he's more valuable on the ice then off it but he should once or twice just to show he can fight because he can. He dropped them the other night but the refs came in early. Can you imagine him playing for Boston or Philly?...I think he'd have less reins then here. Mtl has a bad habit of putting the reins on their rookies...stifling them.
    As for Cherry...he's a Toronto/Boston homer and has as many haters as fans in Canada. He's arrogant and old school and irrelevent to many hockey purists who hate the fact he spews his self-righteous racist [hates french and europeans] rants on CBC which is supported with our tax dollars........he does make good points on occasion but not enough to justify his 'show'. I consider him embarrassing and a novelty. I do like the fact he told Molson to fix the Bell Centre....about time....now if he could do something about the outrageous price of Molson beer in there...over $10!!!!!!!....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Here's another interesting blog in case you missed it... http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/GQ-ranks-Montreal-Canadiens-fans-among-worst-in-?urn=nhl-wp643

"Frostbitten Hooligans!" LMAO Classic

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : It wasn't meant to be an argument.  I just liked that blog I posted, for no other reasons than it was fun to read.  I agree with your point of view, that's why I didn't waste time with counter-arguments.  I also think PK should answer the bell if he wants to keep on playing that way.  I also think that he potentially puts his teammates in trouble by not doing so.  Hope he bulks up during the summer and takes some boxing lessons or something...  And we're not all fans of his behaviors, although we all like the fact that he's on our team, and not on our opponents'.  If his only qualities were being a pain in the ***, he'd probably leave our team like Maxim Lapierre.  I think most of us would agree with the fact that Subban needs to accept fight invitations more often.  We kept saying the same about Maxim Lapierre...
    Yea well it's a dumb read for those of us who see the "Punk" for exactly what he is! Besides he's proven more that Richards is more right than that Scab loving reporter! Don't post your Scab garbage on a Bruins forum!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : It wasn't meant to be an argument.  I just liked that blog I posted, for no other reasons than it was fun to read.  I agree with your point of view, that's why I didn't waste time with counter-arguments.  I also think PK should answer the bell if he wants to keep on playing that way.  I also think that he potentially puts his teammates in trouble by not doing so.  Hope he bulks up during the summer and takes some boxing lessons or something...  And we're not all fans of his behaviors, although we all like the fact that he's on our team, and not on our opponents'.  If his only qualities were being a pain in the ***, he'd probably leave our team like Maxim Lapierre.  I think most of us would agree with the fact that Subban needs to accept fight invitations more often.  We kept saying the same about Maxim Lapierre...

I was pretty straight forward on Marchand's recent play on this board.  It is genuine enough to hear you say PKs behavior with LeCavalier is not in line with the potential skill he has a player.  He needs to grow up in other words.  Respect the game.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : Flattering !

Yea almost as flattering as watching & hearing about all the Shanigans that fans your team go on like when one of there's gets injured. Go call 911 to that flattery!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Atta boi Fletcher! Great stuff!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

[QUOTE]Me thinks the Montreal visitors will not comment!  At least in an objective manner.   I surely like how PK skates backwards when he about to fight.  As many Bs fans said of Marchand, time for PK to reassess his play.  
    Play reassesed, hat trick. so far, objective enough for ya?
    Bet that throws a cold hand into the old circle jerk!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Can you imagine him playing for Boston or Philly?...I think he'd have less reins then here. Mtl has a bad habit of putting the reins on their rookies...stifling them.
    Posted by montrealrules[/QUOTE]

you're not on here too often, are you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : Play reassesed, hat trick. so far, objective enough for ya? Bet that throws a cold hand into the old circle jerk!
    Posted by Canadien175[/QUOTE]

It still does not answer the question bright boy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : Play reassesed, hat trick. so far, objective enough for ya? Bet that throws a cold hand into the old circle jerk!
    Posted by Canadien175[/QUOTE]
    Not sure  what you mean."Circle jerk"must obviously be a French term.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PK Subban lovers : Not sure  what you mean."Circle jerk"must obviously be a French term.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    More of a American frat term sadly.