P.K. Subban wins the Norris..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

P.K. Subban wins the Norris..

I am pissed....Orrs name should be struck from that piece of hardware.....what a disgrace.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: P.K. Subban wins the Norris..

He is a true embarasement to the game...truly disgraceful. 

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Karlsson, now Subban....time for the players to vote!  Meanwhile I will take the Cup.  Melrose said it best, Chara is the best defenseman in the NHL.  A Cup will prove it.  

Don't judge me monkey!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

This just cost the Scabs a lot of cash. Silver lining...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

When I saw this, I threw up a little in my mouth...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Karlsson, now Subban....time for the players to vote!  Meanwhile I will take the Cup.  Melrose said it best, Chara is the best defenseman in the NHL.  A Cup will prove it.  

Don't judge me monkey!

I think his playoff performance has re-established that, isla. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ask all single NHL players who they prefer to play against ...Subban or Chara ....we already know the answer ...worst Norris trophy winner ever....Zdeno should have won by 10 miles ....shame on the NHL 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

I am pissed....Orrs name should be struck from that piece of hardware.....what a disgrace.....

Thats a little overboard. Subban had a terrific year. Playoffs, not so much. By true defintion, Chara is obviously the best in the world.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Whatever.  Voted by members of the Professional Village Idiots Association.  When you're a beat writer who focuses 90% of your attention on one team and one division and maybe, maybe, one conference, it's a heck of a lot easier to assess points vs. overall dominance. 

The guys who have dominated that award - Harvey, Orr, Bourque, Lidstrom - dictated the game.  Yes, they put up points, but that was part of their overall dominance.  Harvey's point totals weren't outrageous - Shore was scoring at roughly the same pace long before Harvey - and Bourque's weren't better than Coffey year to year.  Robinson and Potvin fought it out in the post Orr era and that was a great question of how much emphasis to put on Potvin's broader offensive game vs. Robinson's control of the whole sheet.

I think the Village Idiots need to remember that description - the Norris winner ideally is a guy who controls the game from the blueline.  And Chara controls the game from the blueline.  Very few teams can impose their will on how the Bruins play because Chara takes the game back to the Bruins' preferred pace.  I've heard a dozen commentators say it over the course of these playoffs: Chara is a unique force in today's game and the best all around defenseman in the game.  It's not close.  He should have three or four Norrises by now - the Lidstrom retirement gift and the Karlsson win stand out as examples.  For him not to get a nomination this year?  Sorry - Village Idiot Association.

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Better idea, strike the a$$hole's name. I agree a complete disgrace to Orr. Book, great points re the village idiots, give the players the vote.

I will never write this guys name again, it taints our future goalie's image. He's enough to drive me to take anger management classes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Naming a Norris tourphy winner is very subjective. How do you quantify the guy's impact on a game through out the regular season? "Points for" is easy. We could get into disecting how a team's play affects a perticular guy's stats, and the talent around him, but it all comes down to subjective evaluations of 3 or 4 possible guys who got the most coverage this year. 

I've got to think that the NHL would like PK to win for a host of reasons. Giving it to Chara isn't exciting. Giving it to PK is something you can out up on big billboards. He's African Canadian, he's young, he's on the schabs (still has weight) and he is exciting to watch. Yes he's a little jerk, but who are we to complain when we have TLBOH.

Anyway, I hope PK is enjoying the Golf season as the new Norris winner. 

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

TLBOH will drop em though. And when he does he doesn't ambush the guy like the jerk. Marchand is not spinelessbut he is a guy other team's fans love to hate, and for good reason.
    Perry - You make some good points about this selling the game but I don't like rewarding his antics.

14. This post has been removed.