Playoffs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Playoffs!

According to NESN, this is the fourth time in a row they've made the playoffs.  This is the longest streak since "The Streak" ended.

Chiarelli's job is so safe it's crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Playoffs!

In Response to Playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]According to NESN, this is the fourth time in a row they've made the playoffs.  This is the longest streak since "The Streak" ended. Chiarelli's job is so safe it's crazy.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

i voted no because of were the team is now compared to when chiarelli got the job. from the team down in providence, to the talent on the team and his ability to keep that talent, which he may do to a fault but i like this team alot better now then before he got here. all that said the inability to get to the conference finals or god willing further will get julian fired and i dont think the GM will be far behind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm sticking by my statement if the Bruins don't make it out of the 2nd round then starting at the draft PC is officially on the hot seat. Jacobs has agreed to let PC spend to the cap but without a full April and May of concession sales Mr. Burns will start to get testy.

I'll also stick with PC attaining Seguin, not putting up with Philaparazzi's agents BS, snagging Johnny B, McQuaid, Kampfer on nothing deals, attaining the Wild's 2nd rounder and retaining key veteran's as great moves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]Jacobs has agreed to let PC spend to the cap but without a full April and May of concession sales Mr. Burns will start to get testy.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting point, SanDog, and one I hadn't considered.  It gives a little more credibility to the argument.

On the other hand, don't you think the two season sellout streak might couteract that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I voted no because there is too much parity and too many variables to go all in on one playoff year.  I second round or earlier exit puts way more pressure on Julien's head than Chialrelli's. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"On the other hand, don't you think the two season sellout streak might couteract that"

I'm happy with Chiarelli and so are you now let's look through the eyes of a very frugal (trying to be nice), lets call him what he is, investor should be getting two and half months of concessions. Jacobs ring ring "Cam why aren't the Bruins getting out of the 2nd round ? Why am I buying out another coaches contract ?"

Now the other side is what Book debated Jacobs could look at it as an outgoing bonus but I tend to think JJ would react like he did when KPD printed a Delaware North statement having too pay Lewis for two years "That was an expensive mistake." I really think Cam was brought too also evaluate Chiarelli as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs! : That's an interesting point, SanDog, and one I hadn't considered.  It gives a little more credibility to the argument. On the other hand, don't you think the two season sellout streak might couteract that?
    Technically speaking,the players aren't really paid(by ownership)for the playoffs so it makes a huge financial difference if the team advances further in the post-season.
    All teams losing in the first round receive $50,000 to be split among the players

All teams losing in the 2nd round receive $100,000 to be split among the players

Both teams losing in the 3rd round receive $200,000 to be split among the players

The loser of the Stanley Cup Final receives $500,000 to be split among the players

The winner of the Stanley Cup receives $1,000,000 to be split among the players.

This is NHL money, and does not come from the owners.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PP I actually have to applaud clod.

When 2nd PP started I did a take on the time and thought yes it looked like a better idea for time management and if they didn't score and sustained the pressure KHL would have a good shot as well.

He then followed up the next shift with the KHL line, me I liked it a lot.

Then he followed with his best 3 checkers not named Berg, in Kell Camp and Pev. Though when I seen Camp with less than 5 mins I was so afraid that Thorn was there, but thank goodness clod (who must have been abducted) stayed smart.

Then the Berg line.

Then the KHL line.

Finally the Berg line with Camp replacing March.

I really liked his line management for last 5, quite possibly the first time this year, when the game was on the line.

If clod has been replaced by Aliens, he could well have a run at the cup and keep his job, maybe he watched the new movie and has gone looking for his Mom, whatever it is I hope it continues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Julien goes before PC.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

I voted No.

Chia has put together a competitive team. Two years ago they "could have: made it out of the second round. Last year they "could have". This year.. the "might"..

In the end all he can do is work to improve the team to get to lord stanley. In my opiniion he's build a team that has a chance, and continued to tweak to get it there. If it still fails, well you keep tweaking. Winning takes a lot of things... including a little luck.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs! : Technically speaking,the players aren't really paid(by ownership)for the playoffs so it makes a huge financial difference if the team advances further in the post-season. All teams losing in the first round receive $50,000 to be split among the players All teams losing in the 2nd round receive $100,000 to be split among the players Both teams losing in the 3rd round receive $200,000 to be split among the players The loser of the Stanley Cup Final receives $500,000 to be split among the players The winner of the Stanley Cup receives $1,000,000 to be split among the players. This is NHL money, and does not come from the owners.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

It's NHL money and does not come from the owners ?  Get your facts straight.

The bargaining agreement between the owners and playes 'corrected' the playoff  'payoff' issue of way back when the owners got all the moeny for the playoffs and the players received nothing.  The player's association successfully
    got all the owners to put aside money for the playoff payouts.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs! : It's NHL money and does not come from the owners ?  Get your facts straight. The bargaining agreement between the owners and playes 'corrected' the playoff  'payoff' issue of way back when the owners got all the moeny for the playoffs and the players received nothing.  The player's association successfully got all the owners to put aside money for the playoff payouts.... 
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

The point still has value though.  Better to say that payouts are standard regardless of salaries, so the more you've spent on salary up to the playoffs, the better "deal" you get on players playing playoff playgames.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Playoff money is a pittance compared to gate and concessions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

four consecutive playoff appearances, is a job well done for a gm that inherited a team that was not that good at the time. last year the b's made the playoffs as the lowest scoring team in the league- won a playoff series and were 1 game from the conference final. this year they are competing for one of the top 3 spots in the conference and are in top 5 goals for/ against. i'm not sure what more coaching and mgmt. can do?they have assembled a very balanced team, with great goaltending.  at this point it's up to the players to win a cup. let's hope they stay healthy( BIG factor last year), and catch a few breaks along the way. a first round stinker is the only way i think changes will be made. GO B'S 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think PC is completely safe and I hope that he is.  Regardless of the outcome of the playoffs, the team is getting better and more talented every year.  He's done his job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I honestly believe that coaches, coach and the GM's give them the tools to work with to get that job done. If the B's don't make it out of the first/second round, it will be an indictment of Julian's system and I feel quite certain that if there is a good upgrade he will be dismissed.
    Charelli has done a good job overall. A few questionable contracts, but other than that more hits than misses.

So, the question begs, who would be the "upgrade candidates"?
    Doc

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

facts are facts... "juliens system" has produced the best d in hockey(nearly each year he's been there), and top 5 offense in the league this year, two years ago( were actually 1 or 2). last years goals for for was severly hampered by injuries(savvy, krejci,lucic, bergeron)- all missed significant time. this bruin team can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series, now they have to do it! staying healthy is the key to their success-   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I could not in good concious bypass the chance to vote "suck it nas"

However I think PC is safe. He's got the team into the playoffs 4years in a row, the first/2nd years it was on the backs of Savard, Chara, Sturm, Thomas but he's done a great job in switching his top performers to youngsters with lots of upside/energy.

Krejci
    Bergy
    Lucic
    Marchand
    Rask(last year)

At the same time as building a solid core and making the playoffs 4x years in a row, he's managed to draft some explosive talent in Seguin, Spooner and some picks with lots of potential like Suave, Knight. He solidified a young D with dpeth moves that didnt seem like much but brought in Kampfer and Cohen 2 good defensive prospects.

The only stinker of a contract still floating around is Ryder and he's gone at the end of the year so that means he will come on strong in the playoffs so thats not even really a bad thing at this point.

Id like PC to stick around for a while see what he can do when Spooner-Seguin hit full stride. Should be interesting.

CJ on the other hand is on a shorter leash he needs to get out of the 2nd round this year. If he gets badly outcoached again then it may be time for hte B's and CJ to move on and find someone/someplace else that is a better fit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Playoffs!:
    [QUOTE]According to NESN, this is the fourth time in a row they've made the playoffs.  This is the longest streak since "The Streak" ended. Chiarelli's job is so safe it's crazy.

May I ask how old you are?  What, 17?

Chiarelli doing what Jacobs looks for is good for Chiarelli and Jacobs, but not necessarily good for the fans.

You must be new to following the organization.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I wouldn't fire him if they don't get out of round 2 (I voted 'no'), but I agree with SanDog that the fate of the team in the following year should be make or break for him.

I say keep him this time around if there's another round 1 or 2 exit (as I expect, sadly) b/c there were some factors beyond his control this year--chief among them the loss of Savard--and I mean the Savard we knew, and was starting to resemble again--f=before the latest setback which probably ends his career.

The loss of a guy like that is greater than most of us are willing to admit. I like what PC did to try to fill that gap, but I don't think the sums of Kaberle, Kelly and Peverly will be greater than that one part. (As always, hope I'm wrong.)

In any event, he's done some good things, and given that Toronto would need divine intervention at this point to make the playoffs, the patience in holding onto that pick should pay off.

I'm still annoyed by some little things (watching Versteeg score last night made me pretty ticked about that ridiculous trade), but overall the guy's done about as well as can be expected.

Still-as I;'ve said b4--results are the only thing that ultimately matter. If the B's tack on another year w/out at least playing for the Conference title, it's on him to make it AT LEAST that far the following year.

since no one can expect JJ to fite himself or sell the team, it's unfortunately PC that's the next in line of responsibility. But I'd give him 1 more year if 2011 is another early exit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Depends on the way they would lose, really. If they collapse like they did last year, there is no doubt Julien is gone.

Then, you look at Chia's offseason, who he drafts in Round 1 and what happens next year.

Julien has the shorter leash, but Chia is not out of the woods in this town.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Playoffs! : May I ask how old you are?  What, 17? Chiarelli doing what Jacobs looks for is good for Chiarelli and Jacobs, but not necessarily good for the fans. You must be new to following the organization.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

the only good thing you've ever done for this board is change your stupid picture

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

And why is that?  Because my comment is accurate? The OP just stupidly said Chia's job is "more than safe".

Really?

What planet is he/she on? 

I don't know of any GM's job that is safe that has no resume prior to the one he has now/is trying to build here.

You give benefit of the doubt to proven GMs.  We see that in all sports.  But, Chia is not really proven.

SInden was proven and all those mediocre playoff teams were just that, "mediocre".

Being mediocre is not going to cut it.

Hoepfully, that is not the case with the outcome this year and the immediate future.

I'll tell you this right now: If they play this way (inconsistent efforts), they ain't moving past Round 2.

Ryder is being paid 4 mil to ride the bench, be buried on the 3rd line or not really produce.

Who signed him?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

People in the hockey world rave about the work PC is doing.  The signings and draftings are good, the trades even better.  Kampfer and Boychuck were had for peanuts, dumping Kobasew for an early second rounder, the Kessel bounty, Horton was a great pickup and Campbell an amazing throw-in.  His deadline deals were applauded for addressing the B's playoff needs.  Ryder is an easy 20 goal man, the only reason he's riding the pine is because he is being played out of a job by Marchand, Seguin and Peverly.  When you factor in the Bruins sellouts and high TV ratings, and the likeability/entertainment value of players like Lucic, Thomas, Chara and Seguin among fans, PC is about as safe as they get.