Poor John Tavares

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Poor John Tavares

Well, certainly not poor, but the kid is a terrific young player. Get the feeling he's going to be a very good player on a bad team for some time. Theres hope with Niederrieter and Strome in the system, but right now, he doesnt have the right players to play with. Moulson is okay but I dont see a fit with Tavares. Would like see what this kid could do with the right players around him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Poor John Tavares

I thought he was, by far, the best player in that silly Spengler Cup tournament.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought that Paranteau was a big part of that line last year and have always thought that Moulson was overrated.  Tavares is everything on the Isles, and he needs some help badly.

With Neidereiter asking to be traded, you have to wonder if he's ever gonna get help there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The DiPietro contract will haunt that team for a few more years at least...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I thought that Paranteau was a big part of that line last year and have always thought that Moulson was overrated.  Tavares is everything on the Isles, and he needs some help badly.

With Neidereiter asking to be traded, you have to wonder if he's ever gonna get help there.

With one goal in 55 games I am not sure if he is such a hot commodity at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

HUH!!! Really....I consider him a late bloomer, but not overrated. It's not like he's a Jonathan Cheecho here. The guy's scored 30 goals three straight seasons & you call him overrated? Alrighty then! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

I thought he was, by far, the best player in that silly Spengler Cup tournament.

Guess you missed Bergeron's game he brought eh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Nope. Bergeron played well, as usual. IMO, Tavares was just that much better. And that is not meant as an insult to Bergeron

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Depends on who you say it to. Bergeron was the rock of that team! 

Nope. Bergeron played well, as usual. IMO, Tavares was just that much better. And that is not meant as an insult to Bergeron

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

HUH!!! Really....I consider him a late bloomer, but not overrated. It's not like he's a Jonathan Cheecho here. The guy's scored 30 goals three straight seasons & you call him overrated? Alrighty then! 

Okay, settle down.  I just think his 30 goal years and his 'late-blooming' have coincided rather directly with playing next to Tavares every night.  I think that if you take Tavares away, Moulson does very little.  Moulson has benefitted from playing on the lowly Isles in some ways -- out of every PP, tons of ice time, etc.  I don't think he's that good.  I think he's overrated.  Tavares is the real deal and the reason that line works.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Tavares is indeed the real deal and also one of the NHL's best bargains. He's improved every year and signed a team friendly extension. He's locked in for another 5 years at 5.5m. That sounds like low dollars for a guy that will annually challenge for a scoring title. He'll make less than Zajac and that makes no sense to me at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and speaking of Tavares , 3rd starts and with speed goes in alone and scores on ex-teammate Montoya .  2-2

nice goal !