Pouilot Real Deal Or Not

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Pouilot Real Deal Or Not

Okay so I get the following:

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Peverly 

Although the argument can be made that Krejci and Bergeron should be switched but a small one at that.

What I don't understand is all the questions surrounding the following lines:

Given Line 3 Chris Kelly and Tyler Seguin (who should be on a short leash)
    but from what I have seen in the past Caron is spotty at best. Moments of brilliance mixed with a lot of youth sort of like Seguin. I have no idea about Pouilot so I am leaving you experts to educate me. 

Given Line 4 Paille Campbell is there really any question about Thorton. Keep Chris Clark in back up if Seguin fails. He has leadership qualities or even move Pialle up to the third line. Caron can go to Providence and if Pouilot is a bust move him up and if Seguin fails move Paille or Clark into his position. Am i am missing something Bruins Fairthfully.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Re: Pouilot Real Deal Or Not

Pouliot has not done anything special in training camp. Although he has not been awful, he has not shown any of that upside that Chiarelli seems to think he has. It seems like the Bruins would be better off getting rid of Pouliot and using Caron or Clark or perhaps even a call up like Arniel, Spooner or Knight. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

With Savard unlikely to return it is easy to justify keeping Pouliot on the roster for the time being. He is cheap and has played his fair share of NHL games (Julien likes his veterans). Should he continue his inconsistent ways then he will likely be gone by Christmas.

On a side note: MacFact, why do you think Seguin will be on a short leash? He was easily one of the best Bruins in the pre-season, much stronger, a year older, and full of youthful energy on a team that will likely come out of the gate with the classic cup hangover as all champions do . Not sure I follow your logic here....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if seguin fails? so what are you going to do with him put him on the 4th line? this thread is pointless. pouliot is what we think he is, a depth guy that will score a few goals and hit. seguin isn't going any lower than the 3rd line this season, thats a given.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Okay bostonfan no need to get snippy here. 

My point is that if Seguin keeps up what he has shown he can do in training camp that is great but if he falters and is inconsistant during the season then it is good to know you can give him a game off to refocus and have someone like Clark, or as the rumor goes Whitney, or even Paille can fill in for him during is day off. He has looked good in preseason. Or you could go the Caron route and use him for the fill in. Don't like the idea of letting Thorton go as I have read especially with it floating around he will be an Assistant Captain. 

I forgot Jaywall about the space on the roster with Savard being on IR. So I guess they can keep all of them for a while. Has anyone heard if they are giving Clark a contract or not? Has he had a good training camp? I am just not convinced on Puilot yet. I guess you are right the verdict will be out till Christmas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Pouilot Real Deal Or Not:
    [QUOTE]Okay bostonfan no need to get snippy here.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    Look out Macfact, Bostonfan has a blog.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

His comments are well taken and he is right about depth. So need for ruckus on my end. But my question is not pointless. It looks like to me since they have not offered a contract to Clark there must be a reason and some tough decisions to make and I guess I am having a hard time seeing Puilot fitting over Clark or Caron personally and we all know Seguin is young so he can have times where he may lose his focus especially with veteran leadership like Recchi being gone. But maybe we will all be suprised and Whitney will show. I did like what I saw of Mcdermid too he looked solid. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

One last thought and I will shut up. Keeping the fire under Seguin's proverbial butt by knowing there is someone nipping at his heals would be a samrt move by Julien. 

Shutting up becuase obviously I am not the hockey expert.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Not sure what the plan is for Clark Macfact. It seems odd he has yet to sign a contract and no word on an offer. Maybe the fact he has a broken nose is entering into the equation?  lol.

Perhaps PC has yet to make him an offer he is satisfied with?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Pouliot hasn't impressed me yet

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

and he won't LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

Boston always pick up hab's garbage! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

seguin is not at the point in his career where he is going to get sat. that was last year. this year he isn't spending time in the press box. pouliot isn't supposed to be the real deal. he was never thought of as the real deal. hes a bottom 6 guy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I'm kind of surprised by the whole Clark thing.  He went along for the team building exercise in Maine at the conclusion of the preseason, yet according to today's Bruins Blog there has been no contract talks yet.  I don't imagine it will be a very difficult contract to negotiate.  Probably the veteran minimum with some incentives thrown in.  Are the Bruins trying to acquire anyone via trade that could be holding this up?

Pouliot worries me a bit.  He must have some type of skill-set to be drafted #4 overall, yet two teams have already given up on him.  Generally when you are drafted that high, you get a pretty long rope, and he has hung himself with it twice.  Maybe he's a great fit in this system, but I just hope this doesn't turn into another Blake Wheeler situation where his flashes and potential blind the team from his overall shortcomings as a player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]Boston always pick up hab's garbage! 
    Posted by CactusTonyo[/QUOTE]

Some would say the same about this board!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Masterful Kurako and I'll wait for at least 10 games to make up my mind about Pouliot...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Pouliot is awful

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If Ryder was Habs' garbage, thats the first time I've seen garbage put someone else on the curb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUyU1ia39TU

TAKE THAT TO THE

BANK!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

IF he does pan out and does well ESPECIALLY against Les Scabitants, it'll p.iss off the Habs fans and produce needed points against their team which we can always use. HATE losing to Montreal especially when it could a) knock them out of the playoffs and b) hype our position in the division.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]If Ryder was Habs' garbage, thats the first time I've seen garbage put someone else on the curb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUyU1ia39TU TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!!!!
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.  Here is one fan that will really miss Ryder.

As for Pouliot, I haven't seen any pre-season games, but from what you guys are saying herein, I sure hope Caron gets the first shot at that third line. 

Always fun to see new young talent develop.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Well we have our answer folks...Puilot in Clark out...Announced today no contract for Clark. That means they have a lot of faith in Caron and Thorton as I don't see Puilot amounting to much as everyone said a bottom six guy to fill in for injuries. I would like to see Caron Start over him for sure...It looks like opening night if it was up to me.

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergeron Peverly
    Caron Kelley Seguin
    Paille Campbell Thorton

Chara Ferrence
    Seidenburg Boychuck
    Corvo Mcquaid

Thomas and Rask

Here we go it is B's time lets get this thing started already..Cannot stand the wait anymore. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Look for Pouliot to start ahead of Caron to start the season Macfact. With Clark not offered a contract Benoit has seniority over Jordan and that's how CJ roles.

Of course, changes will come quickly if Pouliot continues to unimpress......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]seguin is not at the point in his career where he is going to get sat. that was last year. this year he isn't spending time in the press box. pouliot isn't supposed to be the real deal. he was never thought of as the real deal. hes a bottom 6 guy
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

Since when is a player that's chosen 4th over all not thought of "the real deal" Benoit was highly touted in the 05' draft. He was once thought of being the real deal!