Pouliot has a sick release

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Pouliot has a sick release

Wow, when Pouliot has the puck within 25 feet of the goal only 3 things can happen-- It goes in, it misses the net, or it hits the goalie. Every goal he's scored the goalie had no chance to even move on it! His shot reminds me of Glen Murray's, super quick release. And Pouliot's speed is becoming very apparent. He's an awesome pickup and blends so well with Pev and Kelly. Definitely keep Caron in Providence for another year or till injuries necesitate a callup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Pouliot has a sick release

In Response to Pouliot has a sick release:
    [QUOTE]Wow, when Pouliot has the puck within 25 feet of the goal only 3 things can happen-- It goes in, it misses the net, or it hits the goalie. Every goal he's scored the goalie had no chance to even move on it! His shot reminds me of Glen Murray's, super quick release. And Pouliot's speed is becoming very apparent. He's an awesome pickup and blends so well with Pev and Kelly. Definitely keep Caron in Providence for another year or till injuries necesitate a callup.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    very insightful...isn't there only 3 things that can happen when anyone shoots? unless there is a fourth option like, completely fans on the puck and falls down, which i have seen him do....more than score like glen murray. don't get me wrong, he is by far the most improved, but he had a long way to come from. what he is doing, is finally giving the full commitment that his teammates have been giving for over a month now. welcome aboard benoit!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

From what I've heard, it has never been his effort in Boston....

adkbeesfan, before you rip on him for something, think about it.....he was saying if it doesn't go directly at the goalie (where the goalie has to adjust to save it), then it gets by him.

Pouliot's shot last night was impressive, primarily because of where his hands were when he shot it. It was a very good shot otherwise, but it was that much greater because of where the puck was (way out in front of him).

I'm loving having Peverley and Kelly here to start the season. Everyone talks up Kelly for being a great 3rd liner (more solid than Pevs defensively), but I think Pevs is more of a threat offensively than Kelly. He's a much better skater and puck handler, and if he picks his spot, his shot is pretty nice as well.

If Benoit can step his game up (even though he's had some key goals this year), there's no saying what the limit is for this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Pouliot has a sick release:
    [QUOTE]From what I've heard, it has never been his effort in Boston.... adkbeesfan, before you rip on him for something, think about it.....he was saying if it doesn't go directly at the goalie (where the goalie has to adjust to save it), then it gets by him. Pouliot's shot last night was impressive, primarily because of where his hands were when he shot it. It was a very good shot otherwise, but it was that much greater because of where the puck was (way out in front of him). I'm loving having Peverley and Kelly here to start the season. Everyone talks up Kelly for being a great 3rd liner (more solid than Pevs defensively), but I think Pevs is more of a threat offensively than Kelly. He's a much better skater and puck handler, and if he picks his spot, his shot is pretty nice as well. If Benoit can step his game up (even though he's had some key goals this year), there's no saying what the limit is for this team.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    i understood exactly what he meant. it's dumb. the guy scores his 5th or 6th goal of the year, and now he's the second coming of glen murray? goalies are incapable of saving a puck off his tape? he's pumping his own tires, which is sad. i won't add to his inflated sense of self...go ahead, all yours.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

He's pumping his own tires? How do you figure? He likes that the B's 9th forward has some upside; is this a bad thing? He really didn't do anything that merited a childish response like yours.

Maybe he went (a little)overboard, but I think you went a bit further by stomping your feet and throwing around insults like you did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Don't worry, The Guy--I take his comments from whence they came, nuff said! He apparently doesn't understand that some wrist shots give a goalie time to make a reflex save. His don't. For adk's sake I'll spell it out--
    r-e-f-l-e-x s-a-v-e. There, he's got it now! And yes, I am the one who said they should pick him up before they did, and I'm proud of that ; - )
    By the way, it's not my job to pump your tires adk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Pouliot continues to improve. Give him credit, and Claude/Chiarelli for their perspective. Now let's look at the defense. Corvo must have been sick last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

PC seen something in him no one else does. 2nd coming of murray ? one never knows but Pouliot is not in my bad books yet and is slowly ( or actually ) quite nicely becoming a decent bruin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, for sure he's improving by the game. And for adk's sake I'll add that in Murray's first 283 games he had 54 goals. In Pouliot's first 203 games he has 41 goals. Where's the discrepency? In fact, Pouliot's goals per game over that time is higher than Murray's. But adk probably can't use a calculator to figure it out. So I'll inform him. Pouliot averages .20 gpg, Murray was .19 gpg in his first 283 games. I think adk expects Pouliot to score Glen Murray's 337 career goals in his first 203 games. Sorry that he hasn't adk. He's not meeting your expectations I guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Nice stat......pretty interesting.
    Murray wasn't exactly known for his grace as much as his rip of a shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]He's pumping his own tires? How do you figure? He likes that the B's 9th forward has some upside; is this a bad thing? He really didn't do anything that merited a childish response like yours. Maybe he went (a little)overboard, but I think you went a bit further by stomping your feet and throwing around insults like you did.
    pumping own tires = "i'm proud? of the fact that i wanted poulliot". good on you...are you also proud? that you said the bruins could not compete with pitt, w/o picking up a goal scorer and another d-man? childish? stomping my feet? throwing insults? go back and read my posts... as far as "a little overboard"- really? poulliot compared to murray? get back to me on that one.... a little early, two weeks ago he was being sat and was undoubtedly the least-effective forward on the team. he has improved greatly, and for that he deserves credit, not foolish comparisons.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

He said his shot reminds him of Glen Murray.

Sean Thornton's hitting and fighting reminds me of Cam Neely.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Pouliot has a lot of jump in his step.  I love his speed and he gets on opponents with the quickness.  I think he really compliments that third line.  Great goal last night and that release was sick! 

The world would be a much better place if everyone just agreed with me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

coming from the guy who would "empty a clip"... it's no wonder you have a hard time recognizing when someone goes a little overboard. bang bang.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Lets hope he can stay consistent, and keep his positive attitude and yes the bruins had depth tonight to win this gm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

That wrist shot is what made him a high first-round pick.  Other aspects of his game made him expendable.  Good pick up for the B's, throw him out there with the grinders and see if he can find the occasional twine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]He's pumping his own tires? How do you figure? He likes that the B's 9th forward has some upside; is this a bad thing? He really didn't do anything that merited a childish response like yours. Maybe he went (a little)overboard, but I think you went a bit further by stomping your feet and throwing around insults like you did.

He's pumping his own tires because preseason he said PooPoo would be a 30-30-60 guy. Now that he's on pace for what a magical 16g? He is raving about every goal he scores. But its really just to make him feel better about his original prediction which was way, way off.

Now, with what the point of this thread was before the bickering. Yeah BP has a great release, im pretty shocked by it. Now if only he can bring his game up to the level of Kelly/Peverly that lline would be one of the top3 3rd lines leaguewide. It's not his effort that needs to be increased its his decision making and puck handling that need to be improved. Which he is conviently getting better at.

If BP can finish up 20-20-40 I'll be very happy with it and I will admit that he improved through hard work and me eat crow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I never said 30-30-60. I said he'd be a great pickup. Hardly anyone scores 30 goals these days. If you think I did, please feel free to grab the statement from my profile. But if you prefer not to let facts get in the way of your argument ILK, feel free.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

In fact, below is what I said about Pouliot when I stated the B's should pick him up. I-Like-Hockey is a an outright lier for stating I said he would be a"30-30-60 guy" and should be ignored. Posters who lie about what other posetrs say are sneaky and gutless, much like Le Habitants. Here's my ACTUAL post:

Discussion Post: Pouliot didn't receive a qualifying offer from Montreal at 6/28/2011 12:55 PM EDT
    I think he'd be a cheap pickup and might go well with Bergy. The 2 Francophones, and he's probably be a Habs killer like Ryder. He has great size and is skilled. Yet to reach his potential, as well.

So where am I wrong Lier?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

1) he's not playing with bergy 2) his game vs the habs was his worst 3) you misspelled liar ... as far as yet to reach his potential, you're spot on. you don't get it, nobody is "against" poulliot. he's getting better. it's that you feel you are deserved of something for thinking it would be a good fit. the truth of the matter is that for the first 6 or 7 weeks he was by far the weakest link on offense. he's improving daily, for that i'm pumped. gotcha, he's scored two or three great goals, two or three garbage goals(love garbage goals)- total them up, then come back to reality. my question is, why were you not piping up about how smart you were when he was getting benched? i'll introduce you to a new word... self-serving... look it up. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In fact, below is what I said about Pouliot when I stated the B's should pick him up. I-Like-Hockey is a an outright lier for stating I said he would be a"30-30-60 guy" and should be ignored. Posters who lie about what other posetrs say are sneaky and gutless, much like Le Habitants. Here's my ACTUAL post: Discussion Post: Pouliot didn't receive a qualifying offer from Montreal at 6/28/2011 12:55 PM EDT I think he'd be a cheap pickup and might go well with Bergy. The 2 Francophones, and he's probably be a Habs killer like Ryder. He has great size and is skilled. Yet to reach his potential, as well. So where am I wrong Lier?
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Im not going to go dig through all your posts. Maybe it wasnt you but I remember someone saying that he could score 30. A simple "I didnt say that" would have sufficed. Sorry to have butt hurt you.

But with these last two threads I assumed it must of been you with the way you've been getting on your knees for BP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If you bothered to check the facts adk you'd find that I consistently said he can't score if he doesn't play. You can't "pipe up" a player who's not being given ice time. Julien played his trusted players at the start of the over Pouliot so he could see what Pouliot could eventually contribute. Now that he's proven himself that's happening. And now that he's playying, "piping up" is a natural thing to do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's not put the cart before the horse... he wasn't playing because he wasn't deserving of ice time.  he has shown great improvement. but, he's not the best player on his line, and he plays on the 3rd line. that's MY POINT.  and no "piping up" is not the NATURAL thing to do.... it's what self-serving/ i'm right/ your wrong posters do. i thought trading krejci was a crazy idea, now he's had a couple great games.... you don't hear me saying "i told you so's" to everyone that thought different. and when poulliot goes 15 games w/o a point (i truly don't wish this), i expect you to be here sticking with your "i told you so's". silly  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Well you have to admit he's showing flashes of what made him a number one pick. I just hope he keeps getting playing time, and he will if that line plays as it has been since they were put together. I think they may get some room to dangle against a team like Winnipeg.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would enjoy Pouliot's improvement so much more, if it weren't for one poster desperately seeking validation every time he makes a dumb prediction about a player, and then begging for attention from everyone here by starting multiple new threads saying the same thing.

Adk is right, this thread is all about self-congratulations and the pumping of one's own tires.  It's about time Pouliot started earning his ice time and it's a welcomed sight.

Good for Pouliot.  I am grateful that most people here can root for him and be happy for him, without trying to draw all of the attention to themselves.

It's about the players, not the posters.  Some here haven't figured that out yet, so they get mocked.