POWER PLAY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

POWER PLAY

WOW. Our Power Play is doing GREAT. Thank God we got that puck moving defenseman to help our PP. Don't get me wrong, guys. I love it that we got Kaberle. I just think we should also gotten a top 6 forward. No peverly is not one. Just seems like the B's are the only team that cant score on the PP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

Re: POWER PLAY

Actually, the LA Kings are pretty bad too . . . even with the Dustin Penner pickup . . .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

I think it's more a coaching issue, than a personnel issue

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Regardless of what kind of issue it is that has held back the PP if the Bruins plan on making any kind of noise in the playoffs the PP will have to come around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

They need to move the puck quicker and the forwards need to move a little more. We make it too easy on the defense....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: POWER PLAY:
    [QUOTE]Regardless of what kind of issue it is that has held back the PP if the Bruins plan on making any kind of noise in the playoffs the PP will have to come around.
    Posted by MrVmax[/QUOTE]

Why is this? Because all of a sudden there incredible 5 on 5 play will disappear?

Philly and Washington both have worse powerplays, and last time I checked Philly is first in the east. As long as the rest of your game can make up for it the PP won't be the death of you, just a nice addition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

could not have said it better myself matttt87- it's gravy at this point!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

we have a guy who could really help the pp that sits on the bench, he's 19 years old with ridiculous talent, any guesses?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]we have a guy who could really help the pp that sits on the bench, he's 19 years old with ridiculous talent, any guesses?
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

you got me there seabass. who is it? the only 19 year-old guy on this team i can think of is seguin, but it can't be him. i can't think of pp situation where making a no look pass to the other team helps.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

the power play has been pretty bad all season, of late there is no movement from the forwards down low, seems like all they want to do is set up chara for the one timer and the whole league knows it, move the puck down low more to open up the point shot, imo Seguin would be a help on the power play

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: POWER PLAY : you got me there seabass. who is it? the only 19 year-old guy on this team i can think of is seguin, but it can't be him. i can't think of pp situation where making a no look pass to the other team helps.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

No look pass to the other team, you just named minimum 25 Bruins this year including 2 goalies.

Seg is not going to singlehandedly change our PP, until the system changes, we will continue to be at a loss.

It might actually help to use players that are scoring, a little more.
           PPTOI     G     PPG    PPPts
    Kabe 3:28      0        0        0
    Chara 3:16     11      6        12
    Krej  2:48      10       1       9
    Berg 2:47      21       3       11
    Rec  2:44      11       6       16

Luc 2:35       28       5        11
    Hort 2:25      18       3        5
    Ryd  2:13      17       8       14
    Seid  2:10      6        1       10
    Kamp 1:59     5        0        3

Seg  1:18      10       1       3
    Pev 1:16        1        0       0
    Boyc 1:12      1        1       2
    March 0:16   19        1       2

It looks to me like the person to come off the #1 unit first would be Krej and Ryders numbers should replace him in scoring. Next it would be take Rec off it and replace with Luc, Rec is just playing far too many minutes anyway.

Earlier March was getting tons of PK mins but of late that has dwindled as well, he is 3rd in goal scoring on the team and yet he gets 16 seconds a game on the PP, and that is the tail end when clod gives a shift to whomever to end the PP, Thorn even gets some of this time.  If he is not going to play SH mins as much he should be able to take a strong shift on the PP once in a while.

The PP should get better, but what it really needs is an off net presence for one timers similar to Stamkos, Brett Hull or even Bossy inthat they were always poised for the shot.  The one timer to Chara is great but if mixed with one timers to wingers then they will be a little more offstride and Chara's bombs may actually make it to the net.

I would love to see Luc poised in slot area waitng for the one timer, someone in practise should be feeding him onetimers for about 20 mins a practice until he can take them at all speeds and angles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

One of the reason I brought this up is cause in games they are losing 2-1 or 3-2 and scores like that they are also like 0-3 or 0-4 in the PP's. Just saying that a PP goal here and there can be the difference of a game winner or tying the game up at least. Almost like missing 2 free throws with 1 minute left in the game. If you had made those free throws you might have won the game. I dont know. it just seems like they made this big thing about getting Kaberle to help the PP, but I havent seen anything new.