power play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

power play

I think the B's need to obviously step up the PP. 

Lucic needs to sit as he does nothing out there.

They need speed and movement like Pevs, Bourque, Marchand, Bergeron, Chara ( Hamilton).

May need to develop some set plays with least suspecting Hamilton setting up one timers similar to Oilers and J. Schultz.

Amen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: power play

In response to bruinsGENIUS' comment:

I think the B's need to obviously step up the PP. 

Lucic needs to sit as he does nothing out there.

They need speed and movement like Pevs, Bourque, Marchand, Bergeron, Chara ( Hamilton).

May need to develop some set plays with least suspecting Hamilton setting up one timers similar to Oilers and J. Schultz.

Amen.

Lucic had 2 points last night to help them get back in the game. How is that useless?

8pts in 11 games, and +4. 

I do not think Genius means what you think it means. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

My main gripe lately has been the umbrella formation and the inability to keep the puck in the zone.  Whether it's the two middle guys getting too deep or what, but there seems too many times the lone point man is trying to cover the entire blue line to keep it in.  Too easy for the defending team to clear.  I guess the idea is to out man them down low, and never let them touch the puck, but when the do get a stick on it, it's almost always clean clear.  Frustrating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What are they looking at?  Maybe they should change perspective?  Rather than looking at what they should do, maybe look at what they shouldn't do - which is let the other guys get the puck and ice it.  Preventing that would be a step in the right direction at least.  Take it a step at a time first and focus on keeping possesion of the puck, then getting some SOG.

I don't know.  I'm not an NHL pp coach, I just act like one on this forum.

I think they should hire someone to coach the pp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

My main gripe lately has been the umbrella formation and the inability to keep the puck in the zone.  Whether it's the two middle guys getting too deep or what, but there seems too many times the lone point man is trying to cover the entire blue line to keep it in.  Too easy for the defending team to clear.  I guess the idea is to out man them down low, and never let them touch the puck, but when the do get a stick on it, it's almost always clean clear.  Frustrating.

Boychuck does a good job on the PP.  I like how he plays his position, but jumps into the play when there is open ice in front of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

i like having lucic on the power play, but he should not be anywhere but right in front of the net at all times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

i like having lucic on the power play, but he should not be anywhere but right in front of the net at all times.

100% agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Two things come to mind...  They don't shoot the puck at the net or at least towards the net enough; they waste time not doing so...  Secondly, they do not position people in front of the net, i.e. Chara is huge and should be in front of the net not out at the point.  Just about anybody can shoot a puck from the point because the shot does not have to be a hard one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hate to say it but I agree with Pierre MacGuire. B's need more of a net presence to make the goalie work for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

Two things come to mind...  They don't shoot the puck at the net or at least towards the net enough; they waste time not doing so...  Secondly, they do not position people in front of the net, i.e. Chara is huge and should be in front of the net not out at the point.  Just about anybody can shoot a puck from the point because the shot does not have to be a hard one.

I'd rather have forwards in front of the net.  They're better at banging in loose pucks. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to bingobilly's comment:

I'd rather have forwards in front of the net.  They're better at banging in loose pucks. 

Especially Lucic.  He's had 56 goals in teh last 2 seasons.  How many of those do you suspect are garbage in front of the net goals?  He seems to have a nact for it.  He is at his best when he is in front of the net.  He should be there on teh PP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What do the Blackhawks and Bruins have in common?

1. Terrible power play.

2. Top club in the league.

3. Won a Cup in last 3 years.

4. Have the best penaly-killing.

The reason for #2 and #3 is #4.

Many of you have misguided conceptions in the new NHL. It's the PK and 5-on-5 play that brings you to the top and wins Cups.

A terrific power play makes a team lazy. They wait for PP time and get killed 5-on-5.

When was the last time the team that lead the league in PP won the Cup?