Praise from Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Praise from Chara

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/10495/chara-has-high-praise-for-dougie-hamilton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Praise from Chara

I hope he's right!  It would be awesome to have the #1 forward and #1 d-man stay the same for the next 15 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I hope he's right!  It would be awesome to have the #1 forward and #1 d-man stay the same for the next 15 years.

It can't hurt learning from Chara either. A good tutor to have for a young guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Here's praise from Coach Julien:

"He's a pretty good all-around defenseman, and what he's got to do is just gain some experience",€ said Claude Julien. "€œThat can only be done with time. We all know he'€™s got the size, we all know that he can move the puck well, we all know he skates well and he'€™s got great hockey sense".

"Where is his weakness? The only weakness he'€™s got is the lack of experience and we'€™ve got to allow him to get that. We like where he is and what he'€™s brought so far. We've seen a lot of guys the same way he has and done well, and we expect him to be that kind of guy."€

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Hamilton-cant-wait-to-jump-into-the-NHL-?blockID=825019&feedID=3352

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Hamilton is obviously extermely skilled, and he will be learning from the best. Not a bad situation to be in. It's good to see he seems very motivated to learn from Chara.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hoping more than McLaren, of course better and less of a Aitken

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Hoping more than McLaren, of course better and less of a Aitken

Likely not going to be as physical as McLaren, but he sure as heck better make more of an impact than Aitken. I don't even think Chara could have helped Aitken. I think he was even a higher pick than Hamilton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Just checked, Aitken was picked 8th overall, played 3 games for the B's.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to be picky here, but Chara just said that Hamilton is better than a guy who was drafted in the third round and was about to play his first year of NA Junior as a 19 yr. old.  Hamilton is a 9th overall pick about to play his first NHL game.  I would say that makes Chara's comment stating the obvious.  We all know Chara was a windmill with the Islanders.  I can't remember which coach it was, but as a talking head he commented that teams would attack the young Chara because he was so vulnerable and immobile.  So - it's not that Chara I want to see Hamilton exceed.  It's the guy who earned a huge FA deal with the Bruins by playing Norris candidate D for the Senators.  In that regard, the rest of what Chara says is huge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Not to be picky here, but Chara just said that Hamilton is better than a guy who was drafted in the third round and was about to play his first year of NA Junior as a 19 yr. old.  Hamilton is a 9th overall pick about to play his first NHL game.  I would say that makes Chara's comment stating the obvious.  We all know Chara was a windmill with the Islanders.  I can't remember which coach it was, but as a talking head he commented that teams would attack the young Chara because he was so vulnerable and immobile.  So - it's not that Chara I want to see Hamilton exceed.  It's the guy who earned a huge FA deal with the Bruins by playing Norris candidate D for the Senators.  In that regard, the rest of what Chara says is huge.

How about we not overanalyze things Book. To paraphrase Chara, all he basically said was, "I'm a Norris trophy winner and he's better than I was at his age". It seems simple enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

double post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

How about we not overanalyze things Book. To paraphrase Chara, all he basically said was, "I'm a Norris trophy winner and he's better than I was at his age". It seems simple enough.

Yup. Agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just pointing out that you could say that about a lot of guys - it's what happens from here on out that matters, so I wouldn't hang my hat on it.  I know it's intended to mean the kid can flat out play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Just pointing out that you could say that about a lot of guys - it's what happens from here on out that matters, so I wouldn't hang my hat on it.  I know it's intended to mean the kid can flat out play.

Don't get me wrong Book, I am aware that Chara is also just giving the youngster an ego boost at the same time. Cheers!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

At least it's positive.  And I don't recall Chara praising any other B's defensive prospects in the same fashion.